Iron Man The Official Iron Man Comic Nods/ Easter Eggs Thread

I say Cap's shield is definitely in there but whether it's just an "in joke" or something crucial to a possible Avengers movie is up in the air.

At another board someone said "I've heard that there's Baxter Building in the film and Hulk's face at a newspaper." Any truth to these?

Actually yes. BTW, I saw Venom in Iron Man's eyes. True story.

2 part question:

What are some of the weapons in Iron Man's suit that we didn't see in this movie that are apart of his suit in the comics?

...and is there anything suit-weapon related that you guys are looking forward to seeing from the comics in the next movie?

At another board someone said "I've heard that there's Baxter Building in the film and Hulk's face at a newspaper." Any truth to these?

Actually yes. BTW, I saw Venom in Iron Man's eyes. True story.

i would really love to see some proof of these. if its true, that is freakin awesome and i give Fav major props for all these little comic clues.

I think the shield is just for the comic nerds. Something extra for everyone.
I doubt it will mix in at all with the plot. At most he is a collector. And a super hero shield would be expensive.
Most of all its just some Avengers foreshadowing.

Tony was given the shield at one time to try and decipher how it was created (the correct mixture of metals producing it). A scientist was working with Vibranium and another unknown alloy and fell asleep and when he awoke the metals were combined and was unable to reproduce the process. Some people think it was adamantium but it was not. This would be believable that this could be in his lab at the time. With the tie in to the Avengers movie it definately makes sense. The marvel announcement of the cap movie in 2011 being made along side of Avengers as he will be in both. It does make sense and further tie things together.

True. But who's to say someone didn't give this new shield to him to look at prior to the Avengers. If the cap storyline were to take place in the past during WWII maybe they will go along the lines of finding him in the iceburg and reviving him in today's day as the leader of the Avengers under Shield's command. That circular shield never existed during WWII. I know it is a stretch but who knows what liberties they will take with the Cap movie. It is rumored they mention the super serum in the new Hulk movie as well.

Screen caps with cap's shield?

2 part question:

What are some of the weapons in Iron Man's suit that we didn't see in this movie that are apart of his suit in the comics?

...and is there anything suit-weapon related that you guys are looking forward to seeing from the comics in the next movie?

The biggest weapon that went un-seen in the movie is a enegy weapon called Pulse Bolts, its a energy weapon that get's more powerful the furthur away the target is.

The biggest weapon that went un-seen in the movie is a enegy weapon called Pulse Bolts, its a energy weapon that get's more powerful the furthur away the target is.

Ah yeah. I Remember when those were introduced. They might use that eventually. He also used to use an "energy shield".

how does he use it? where does it come from on his suit?

how does he use it? where does it come from on his suit?
the new and improved pulse bolts were shown during his fight with Firepower (http://www.marvel.com/universe/Firepower_(Jack_Taggert) ) when the new red and gold suit was built. think that was #230 or #231. but the first pulse bolts showed up with his Silver Centurion armor in #200. if i recall it was stated that after so long they would 'shortout' cuz of the build up would become to much.

http://www.ironmanarmory.com/oversizearmor.html
Other Armaments: redesigned pulse bolts (keep pulsating, gaining strength the further they go with devastating effect);

Hey guys. In regards to Cap's shield.

About Heroes brought it to my attention. They might have posted a couple images that found somewhere.

To me, it clearly looks like Cap's shield.
I love how they painted the colours that "should be there"...and just in case you still cant see it, i'll just photoshop an actual picture of the shield on top of it....
it does not look like the shield by any means. just because there is a star on a blue background...where does that sound familiar? Isnt there a flag like that? (no im not saying it was the flag.) i think you guys are analyzing the movie WAY too much. there are iron man easter eggs, but thats about it.

you think the sheild is there so when ever they do avengers Stark can give it to him?

vlcsnap-58361.jpg

IT IS NOT CAP'S SHIELD!

It's just a glowy circular desk Tony has.

Cap's shield is red, BRIGHT red. To suggest that this is a microscopic little cameo for Captain America is absurd.

You're all looking too hard.

In the clip the shield looks to me like it may be a design on the hood of a car.

Not really an easter egg, but thought is was cool that Paul Bettany was the voice of Jarvis.

Well it actually is a shield. Go see it again in theaters, that picture does not even have the red.

I dont see why it would have to be red or be an exact replica to be captain america's shield . it is possible as a work in progress and it would make sense for tony to give the shield to captain america or s.h.i.e.l.d.
it could just be the prototype.

It is Caps shield. Thats a crappy pic but in the theaters, you can see half a white star, a blue ring and a red ring. It's definitely his.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"