Days of Future Past The Official James McAvoy/Professor Xavier Thread - Part 1

So apparently Beast helps Xavier walk again, but there's a cost.

Who wants to bet it's his hair?

I listened to the audio interview this morning and I think McAvoy mentioned that when he eventually goes bald, it has to a big deal and not just to have a change in appearance. So I think that implies that whatever it is that makes him bald, the circumstances have not yet been scripted.

It will very likely be the effect of going up against Apocalypse. Well that is what I could see it being.

I think it might have to do with Cerebro, and using it excessively might cause the baldness. It would be a simple explanation and be something else he sacrifices to use his abilities.

I assume apocalypse wasn't in the OT timeline so it wouldn't make much sense to lose hair going up against apocalypse

Does their really need to be an outlandish reason why he loses his hair? We're delving into George Lucas territory here.

Diminished psychic ability is my guess.

I was thinking the same thing, kinda hard to think of anything else.

Hair would be rather silly; if he was that attached to it he could just wear a wig and keep on walking :woot:

I hope not.

Yep. I hope XMA is set circa 1987 so that will be enough reason for them to age naturally. By then they would be in their 50's. Eric's hair goes white and Chuck goes bald. I'm pretty sure they have the tech to age both actors so they would resemble Ian and Pat more in the next movie.

Last edited:
2136d51f7396ff7202eda22b6eabd6c1_zps46009c07.jpg

Obviously not true, but I just read a neat theory somewhere that the reason Charles goes bald is that he mind wipes a large group of people (perhaps at the climax of the film) to forget about the Sentinels, causing him to lose his hair and for the OT to not mention Sentinels in any capacity..

Speculate away!

I don't know about it resulting in his baldness, but I was also thinking that Charles would use mindwipe towards the end of the movie, perhaps particularly for the benefit of certain other characters so they avoid (more) jail time.

Last edited:
and Jean was in the White House pic at the end of X2.

I feel like they would want to hide the hair loss..then again, all speculation..

Ah! No one has updated this, so I'm gonna.

I think Charles Xavier was the heart of this new trailer and if these measely 2.5 minutes are anything to go by, James McAvoy is going to own every scene he's in. Just his facial expressions alone are intense enough to send a shiver up your back.

what an interesting way to end the trailer, a shot of young xavier teary with older xavier telling him he knows he is afriad... he remembers

I hope James gets recognition for what looks to be one of the best performances in CBM history. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"