Days of Future Past The Official James McAvoy/Professor Xavier Thread - Part 1

Haha...I like the guy, James is really a sweet person, but I also know he's a brilliant actor therefore I believe he can play a horrible man to perfection. :cwink:

I think it's funny reading all the tweets of people saying "I'm so surprised he could pull such a nasty character off!" when fans of his acting knew that all along. James played another violent character on stage, a visceral and terrifying Macbeth, and that surprised a lot of people as well; it shouldn't, because he's just that good. :yay:

Haha...I like the guy, James is really a sweet person, but I also know he's a brilliant actor therefore I believe he can play a horrible man to perfection. :cwink:

I think it's funny reading all the tweets of people saying "I'm so surprised he could pull such a nasty character off!" when fans of his acting knew that all along. James played another violent character on stage, a visceral and terrifying Macbeth, and that surprised a lot of people as well; it shouldn't, because he's just that good. :yay:

I was well primed seeing his turn in Trance. A little disappointed I missed Welcome To The Punch in theatres now.

I was well primed seeing his turn in Trance. A little disappointed I missed Welcome To The Punch in theatres now.
I think that he was amazing in Trance, and I was lucky enough to see it on the big screen, because the film itself is really beautifully done. I didn't see Punch in theatres, but it's not the great film I thought it would be. I believe that the director edited it a lot to try to sell it in the US, and it didn't work very well in the end. James was good, but all the editing didn't help his character's arc.

The problems that Filth is having with distribution in the US and ROW now is that the director and producers (and James is one of them) don't want to cut scenes or change them to make the film more palatable. I applaud them for their commitment to the story they wanted to tell, but probably Filth won't be released theatrically all over the world. :csad:

Since young!Charles is clearly standing in that pic with Erik and Wolverine, and may or may not be using the wheelchair in the chess-playing pic, I wonder what's going on with his legs in this movie.

I was kinda concerned about how they were going to involve Charles into the storyline outside of the Cerebro stuff, because let's face it it's hard to go globe-trotting or get involved into action scenes when you're in a wheelchair; I was hoping that it wasn't going to be about Beast and Wolverine going about business while Charles sits and waits in the mansion. But if they do get him up and walking again, how does that all work out? If they want to tie this movie with the X3 prologue, that still leaves the question of why we see Professor X in a wheelchair again in X1 and it just makes everything confusing again.

And yay I saw the poster for Filth in my local cinema yesterday! :)

I think the Trask site said something about artificial limbs or nano technology. I'm too lazy to look for it.

its pretty ironic how old Charles who went to another body is using a whelchair in the future, while young Charles after being paralized in the 60 is now walking.

Are all these non asked twists really needed? Its like the filmakers have a hard time doing the things like they are supposed to be

Maybe in FC3 in Egypt when recruite Ororo, Charles will fight with Shadow King, and after this he will have to use wheelchair again.

I don't think young Xavier will be up and running. What's the use of having him constantly be healend and then paralyzed again?

It would make more sense if that's Mystique in that picture who, together with Wolverine, tries to free Magneto. Or the picture was taken between shots.

the trask website already mentions artificial limbs, coincidence?

at that point i think mystique would change back or become one of the guards rather then be the guy in the wheel chair walking around and it doesn't look like its taken between shots either looks like a serious moment

What's the use of having him constantly be healend and then paralyzed again?

That's how it was in comic. Shi'ar fixed his legs, and next he had tu use wheelchair again after fight with Shadow King.

That's how it was in comic. Shi'ar fixed his legs, and next he had tu use wheelchair again after fight with Shadow King.

True, but in my opinion it's not something which needs to be further explored in the movies. (The climax of) FC already did this and there are more interesting story threads.

24733313.jpg

True, but in my opinion it's not something which needs to be further explored in the movies. (The climax of) FC already did this and there are more interesting story threads.

totally agree, there are soooooooooooo many new issues the movies could adress instead of Xavier loosing his legs, then walking again, then loosing them again, same with Beast being beast, then human, then beast again.

Give me New plots, damm! its getting repetitive with certain characters

Fight with Shadow King is a new plot.
They have to go to Egypt, to stop Apocalypse's henchmen, also to recruite Strom.

Yeah, Prof X has been up and down a lot. It would also explain why he could walk in the flashback in X3.

if he walks though it becomes a thing of... he has hair... so he hasn't lost his hair yet? so to link to X3 and origins he has to lose his hair and still be able to walk

this a plan?

He will lose hair and able to walk during astral fight with Shadow King, that's the plan ;)

My choice for FC 3 would be Mr. Sinister as the villain. You'd also introduce a younger Cyclops, Jean, and Storm. Also, Gambit should appear.

This leg issue is really complicated. I would like to see them fix this.

I was kinda concerned about how they were going to involve Charles into the storyline outside of the Cerebro stuff, because let's face it it's hard to go globe-trotting or get involved into action scenes when you're in a wheelchair; I was hoping that it wasn't going to be about Beast and Wolverine going about business while Charles sits and waits in the mansion.
This is what has always worried me about Charles' role in DoFP. In other films, older Charles is essentially a non-action character. And since his powers make him almost a deus ex-machina, he's always knocked out or captured or dead so that his telepathy won't offer an easy and fast resolution for any conflict.

I don't know about him walking, though. I mean, I would love to see him taking part on the action, I just hope that if he's walking it won't be a simplistic resolution that puts aside the tragedy of dealing with his paralysis.

And yay I saw the poster for Filth in my local cinema yesterday! :)
And where do you live, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm so jealous of all of you who get to see Filth. James is my favorite actor ever and just thinking that I probably won't able to see what has been called his greatest performance in cinemas really hurts. :csad:

This is what has always worried me about Charles' role in DoFP. In other films, older Charles is essentially a non-action character. And since his powers make him almost a deus ex-machina, he's always knocked out or captured or dead so that his telepathy won't offer an easy and fast resolution for any conflict.

I don't know about him walking, though. I mean, I would love to see him taking part on the action, I just hope that if he's walking it won't be a simplistic resolution that puts aside the tragedy of dealing with his paralysis.

I was wondering what you thought about that, Loganbabe. I was thinking about that this weekend; at first, I thought the images of Charles standing might be a between-shot photo or Mystique, but now, I'm thinking he is really standing.

Personally, I hate the idea. Don't get me wrong, I very much want Charles involved in the story and more so than just using Cerebro for the millionth time. But...jeez, what a message. He can't do anything unless he can walk?

His injury is one of the few elements in the story that draws on realism, that even a mutant can get hurt the same as any average Joe, not to mention the reason he was injured was due to this human/mutant conflict.

In addition to that, it also makes the character look incredibly weak; I mean, people in real life have to learn to cope with this type of injury. It's clear at the beginning of the movie, he's a train wreck. So you're telling me that the only way he can resolve this personal trauma is to be magically cured of it?

For me, it's the equivalent of having them travel further back in time and have Magneto's mother be resurrected. Total cop out.

Last edited:
I suspect it won't be as simple as he is cured, there is probably more to it, something darker, like making a bargain with the devil

Him walking could partly be to connect it with X3 and origins xavier, but probably is more behind it all that we will find out

Will just have to see

Well, Trask Industries is apparently on the "cutting edge" or scienctific and technological research, so maybe that plays into Xavier being able to walk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"