Days of Future Past The Official James McAvoy/Professor Xavier Thread - Part 1

He does! Exactly, reminds me of Eddie Vedder. :woot:

tumblr_mvgq1rLsY41qd7a2yo1_1280.jpg

Hey, not many people can pull off the bald look as well as Stewart or Willis can.

"I know your world is a s***hole, but if I lose my hair helping you, you can *insert FC Wolverine expletive here*

But I'm always worried when Simon Kinberg is involved in a script; he's done some decent scripts--never a fantastic script--and he's had some serious clunkers (X3, anyone? Seriously?...we're going to have the guy who pooch-screwed a previous X-men movie write the script for this one?). I'm hoping my fears are unfounded.

Yeah, looking at Kinberg's back catalogue as the writer doesn't exactly inspire confidence. I just hope that the story and structure itself is sound even if it has some questionable dialogue.

That and Singer's most recent run as the director are two of my biggest worries about the movie.

Eddie Vedder LOL! Though I was thinking more of early Pink Floyd or something when looking at Charles' hair :woot:

Yeah, looking at Kinberg's back catalogue as the writer doesn't exactly inspire confidence. I just hope that the story and structure itself is sound even if it has some questionable dialogue.

That and Singer's most recent run as the director are two of my biggest worries about the movie.

Eddie Vedder LOL! Though I was thinking more of early Pink Floyd or something when looking at Charles' hair :woot:

I'm not too worried about Singer, and here's why--this is kind of his baby. Of all the movies he's done, I think X-men means the most to him and he was a producer for "First Class." He seems to understand this universe better than others, like Superman.

As for Kinberg...here is one piece of good news--he's not the only one fiddling around with the script. Bryan Singer is working on it, other writers are...even the actors are doing some improv and I think some of that is actually making it into the film; after all, who knows Wolverine better than Hugh Jackman? Or the actors playing Xavier or Magneto...they all know and love the roles. So that's why I'm not cringing too badly here. But it is a concern for me.

I'm not too worried about Singer, and here's why--this is kind of his baby.

Well I'm sure he loves this universe, but love as they say ain't enough.

Lord of the Rings is Peter Jackson's baby just as much and I'm still recovering from how disappointing The Hobbit was. See also: Star Wars prequels, Matrix sequels, Spider-Man 3, The Dark Knight Rises etc.

Yes there's a possiblity that Singer might not deliver in his 3rd X-Men film.

I love what I've seen out of McAvoy in the trailer. Looks like he's going to be the emotional center of the movie.

Please, never compare George Lucas to Bryan Singer because there is no comparison, Singer wins hands down.

Yes there's a possiblity that Singer might not deliver in his 3rd X-Men film.
Yeah, Singer is not god's gift to man, although you'd think it the way some fans (I'm not claiming anyone on these boards) are gushing over his "return", as if the man can do no wrong. He's not perfect. He made some good decisions on the first two films and clearly has the ability to connect with the source material. But I also think he dodged a bullet on X3, because I'm not so sure even he could have pulled off the epic Phoenix story everyone wanted.

That being said I think it's really going to come down to the script with this one.

Loving McAvoy's portrayal so far. So intense and emotional. I think - just by what we've seen - they're setting up a dark, beautiful and sad arc for Charles. Something very realistic and very relatable. We're going to see how this depressed man becomes the heart and soul of the X-Men. And I wouldn't have any other two actors portraying these roles.

I also wanted to say that I think FC focused on Xavier as much as it Magneto. I think Magneto's story may have stuck out more because it involved his past, a vendetta and a massive journey. But Charles faced the "now", moreso, and had to try and deal with the undying stubbornness and anger of Magneto as well as train four other mutants and find a way to save the world. Not to mention, emotion-wise, Xavier stole the movie by the end. And while I loved Fassneto, I felt much more connected to McXavier. This tells me we're going to see a rock star performance given the material in DoFP. :up:

Yeah, Singer is not god's gift to man, although you'd think it the way some fans (I'm not claiming anyone on these boards) are gushing over his "return", as if the man can do no wrong. He's not perfect. He made some good decisions on the first two films and clearly has the ability to connect with the source material. But I also think he dodged a bullet on X3, because I'm not so sure even he could have pulled off the epic Phoenix story everyone wanted.

That being said I think it's really going to come down to the script with this one.
The reason why people are excited is because Singer's X-Men track record is quite good. So, until he gives us reason to doubt him, we will continue to be optimistic.

I'm gung ho for Singer. He made two of the three best X-Men films (X2, while flawed at points, was nearly phenomenal) and had a major hand in FC, which is also in my top 3. He knows and cares about what we want and is a smart fella who makes smart movies (even if a few have ended up fairly dry.)

I don't think the world will ever make the comparison.

Because Morph was unbelievably annoying, whereas James McAvoy is unbelievably awesome.

I'm excited for Bryan Singer because, despite his flaws in the first two movies, he understood what the X-Men are really about, and made them more than just bright costumes and flashy powered super heroes, but rather, real characters who's abilities are just as much of a curse as they are a blessing. He made them real people going through real struggles first and foremost, and super powered superheroes second.

I'm excited for Bryan Singer because, despite his flaws in the first two movies, he understood what the X-Men are really about, and made them more than just bright costumes and flashy powered super heroes, but rather, real characters who's abilities are just as much of a curse as they are a blessing. He made them real people going through real struggles first and foremost, and super powered superheroes second.
why couldn't he do both...
what? you can't be a real person with real struggles, if you wear a bright costume

why couldn't he do both...
what? you can't be a real person with real struggles, if you wear a bright costume

He does do both. I think that was the point of what Nell said. Singer knows he's playing in a superhero universe, with super-powered characters, but Singer wants them to be more than just super-humans in bright costumes. It's not an either-or type of deal--the characters have to have real world struggles to go along with their super-human issues, and I think Singer balances these two things rather well.

Why was Morph cast as Prof X

The world will never know

You know, I always thought the cartoon version of Morph looked a lot like the guy who played Steve Rhodes on "Married with Children."

I am incredibly happy about Singer's return. I love his style. I was apparently one of the few who saw Jack The Giant Slayer and that film was a lot of fun. It was great to see him handle giant actions sequences, and look forward to seeing that integrated into what we know he can do with the X-universe.

And, McAvoy looks set to be the anchor of this film, which I couldn't be happier about.

I am incredibly happy about Singer's return. I love his style. I was apparently one of the few who saw Jack The Giant Slayer and that film was a lot of fun. It was great to see him handle giant actions sequences, and look forward to seeing that integrated into what we know he can do with the X-universe.

And, McAvoy looks set to be the anchor of this film, which I couldn't be happier about.

I enjoyed Jack too.Now not one of his top best films.Although the only film
from him I didn't like was Apt Pupil.Yeah I liked Superman Returns and Valykrie too.That puts me In a minority on SHH boards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"