Days of Future Past The Official James McAvoy/Professor Xavier Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be surprised if went straight for the chrome dome when the time comes. Full head of hair is of course nice and a bald/shaven head can look good. But that awkward middle ground where you're balding... That's just undignified and silly. Hairdo or do not. There is no try.

I hope they'll save the baldness for the third film. Not prepared to deal with it so soon.

^ I'll start an online petition for this to happen... :up:

It would be cool to see Amelia Voght Xavier's other love intrest in the sequel perhaps as a cameo.

I hope they'll save the baldness for the third film. Not prepared to deal with it so soon.

Yeah, I totally agree. I get that it has to happen :waa:, but at least make it part of his journey. I say it's a side effect from using Cerebro, and he has to choose--keep his hair or lose it and continue using Cerebro to help other mutants. So...he shaves his hair, knowing it'll fall out eventually.

And yes...save it for the last minute of the last film!

I think when It comes to third film that will be when James will fully be the younger
patrick Stewert version of Xavier.james himself ha suggested In third film he could be playing a more Patrick Stewert version of Xavier.That means at some point he will be
bald.James was prepared to shave his head for first class untill they deceded for Xavier not to be bald yet.So James bald as Xavier will come In the trilogy.

I think when It comes to third film that will be when James will fully be the younger
patrick Stewert version of Xavier.james himself ha suggested In third film he could be playing a more Patrick Stewert version of Xavier.That means at some point he will be
bald.James was prepared to shave his head for first class untill they deceded for Xavier not to be bald yet.So James bald as Xavier will come In the trilogy.

Oh, I'm certain of it. And I'm not surprised that James wouldn't have a problem shaving his head for a role. But for completely girly reasons, I DON'T WANT HIM BALD!!! :hrt: Sorry, it's not that your argument isn't valid, but that boy has some beautiful hair! :)

He does have beautiful hair but more than anything I feel McAvoy just wouldn't look good bald. Some guys can pull that look off but I'm not sure he can.

He does have beautiful hair but more than anything I feel McAvoy just wouldn't look good bald. Some guys can pull that look off but I'm not sure he can.

You might have a legitimate concern there! Trying to look good BALD next to the baldy-goodness of Patrick Stewart will be a serious challenge to any actor. :)

It will be kind of strange to see James bald.with Patrick we have always seen him bald so It Is natural.

Now adays when I look at my vast X-Men comics collection I see james as Xavier pre Giant sized X-Men(even though he hasn'tplayed xavier bald yet) and Patrick as Xavier from Giant Sized X-Men onwords.

I'm the same; I find James totally attractive but not sure if baldness will suit him. He doesn't really have the kind of strong, almost geometrical facial features that Patrick Stewart has. Now that man can totally rock the bald look! :woot:

As for the character becoming more like Stewart's Xavier, I guess that would depend a lot on how many years they plan to cover in the sequels. I mean, a lot of what makes a person the way they are is just age and years of experience, not necessarily some one grand event.

I think James will look good no matter what, but I don't want to see him bald. :oldrazz:

You are super sweet--thank you! I'm five chapters in, 1,500 hits and counting!
You're welcome! :yay: You know how much I love your story...it's great to know it's getting so many hits! :awesome:
Hopefully more people will comment. I think the readers are kind of surprised because it doesn't follow the more traditional "Cherik" of fandom.

I'm five chapters in, 1,500 hits and counting!

I like your fan-fic a lot. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the next movie, how many similar trains of thought occur.

The sooner Xavier goes bald the better for me. Still bummed that they changed the ending of this film to keep him with hair.

I think James will look good no matter what, but I don't want to see him bald.
I have no idea what he'll look like. Maybe I should do some photoshopping!

You're welcome! You know how much I love your story...it's great to know it's getting so many hits!
Hopefully more people will comment. I think the readers are kind of surprised because it doesn't follow the more traditional "Cherik" of fandom.
Yeah, no slash! I consider “Cherik” more alternate-universe territory (which is fine—AU has created lots of great fiction), but I wanted my story to fit right in the middle of XM:FC and X1. It probably will become AU when the sequel comes out because I doubt it will fit perfectly into whatever the sequel will be. But I have a few years before that. :)

By the way...now 1,650 hits and counting!

I like your fan-fic a lot. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the next movie, how many similar trains of thought occur.
Oh, thank you! I love to hear that. It will be interesting to see what “fits” with what they’re doing with the sequel and what doesn’t. I can only speculate at this point—hence the fan fiction. :woot:

The sooner Xavier goes bald the better for me. Still bummed that they changed the ending of this film to keep him with hair.
I get that you want the traditional Xavier. But think about this—XM:FC’s Xavier ISN’T the traditional Xavier from the original movies or even the comics, really. He’s one of the central protagonists while, in the other movies, he’s really more the spiritual guide for the X-men. He's young and a little arrogant.

Wouldn’t it be more fitting for him going bald to be a symbol of him changing into that spiritual guide role? Because, at the end of XM:FC, he’s not there yet. His story arc isn’t finished; he still has to walk through fire to get where he needs to be. He has to be humbled, his ego destroyed. When that happens, then have him go bald. It’ll be more symbolic that way, as you see him physically turn into the traditional Xavier as he mentally comes into that role as well.

Last edited:
Xavier could grow bold due to old age. Or perhaps once he encountered Jean in the 80's (until there is no story left to be told with XFC character)

Last edited:
Hot Toys finally released the Charles Xavier figure...

...and it's amazing! :wow:

d3459b65.jpg

6ddb15ea.jpg

2dff03ca.jpg

abbf9043.jpg

00a16e5e.jpg

b21dffcd.jpg

Source

It looks really good! And the costume looks 10x better than in the movie.

James McAvoy's next movie, Welcome to the Punch, has an HD trailer. Looking pretty slick! :wow:

[YT]rr-O_v0mlx8[/YT]

Also the poster for his Macbeth in London (from February to April 2013)

jamesmacbeth_playposter_zps56f5cb77.jpg

He has a busy year ahead! :woot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"