Days of Future Past The Official James McAvoy/Professor Xavier Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then Swartz shouldn't even be credited when all is said and done.

I doubt he will be.. It'll probably read..

Story by:
Bryan Singer
Matthew Vaughn

Screenplay by:
Jamie Moss
Jane Goldman

Hi everyone! I'm new to the SHH boards, but definitely not the site. Anyway, McAvoy seems like a great choice- as some have previously mentioned, his facial features seem especially right for the role. My only two worries are his accent (how well he'll conceal it) and his height: only 5'7".

McAvoy can do many accents so you don't have to worry about that. He did American in Wanted and English in Atonement.

Height isn't that much of an issue to be honest. If they need him to be taller they'll use camera angles etc. In the event Charles loses his legs in this height won't matter at all.

Why would McAvoy's height be an issue? It's not like Patrick Stewart is a big man.

McAvoy can do many accents so you don't have to worry about that. He did American in Wanted and English in Atonement.

Height isn't that much of an issue to be honest. If they need him to be taller they'll use camera angles etc. In the event Charles loses his legs in this height won't matter at all.
It's still weird...Xavier, when he first meets Jean with Magneto in X3, him and Erik look to be in their early 40's or so and he's walking around fine...

Why would McAvoy's height be an issue? It's not like Patrick Stewart is a big man.
Well, he's not a small man either. Stewart has at least 2 inches on him..

But, it's not an issue at all, IMO.

I doubt he will be.. It'll probably read..

Story by:
Bryan Singer
Matthew Vaughn

Screenplay by:
Jamie Moss
Jane Goldman

What about the two Thor writers? They came in between Moss and Goldman, but I wonder how much they really contributed to First Class.

Well, height wouldn't be that big of an issue, but if they're on-target with the small details (Xavier being 6 feet tall), I believe that they'll be more likely to work out the larger more important details.

Last edited:
IMO it's irrelevant if McAvoy is six feet tall. Patrick Stewart is nowhere near six feet tall.

I have more of a problem seeing McAvoy looking and sounding like a plausible young version of a character later played by Patrick Stewart.

Fassbender I can kind of see as a young version of an Ian McKellen character. Something about their hair and mouths.

Last edited:
It's still weird...Xavier, when he first meets Jean with Magneto in X3, him and Erik look to be in their early 40's or so and he's walking around fine...

If Jean is in the film as a teenager then First Class (or parts of it) will obviously be after he meets her in X3. Crippled Charles is a possibility.

How and when does Xavier lose the use of his legs? Is it explained in the comics?

If Jean is in the film as a teenager then First Class (or parts of it) will obviously be after he meets her in X3. Crippled Charles is a possibility.
I'm starting to think Jean won't be in for that precise reason.

I don't know how they'll tackle making everyone look the part for those parts of the movie.

McAvoy would have to be in his late 40's/early 50's and so would Fassbender.

Age makeup and digital effects are getting better these days.

Kate Winslet in The Reader plays her character from her 30s to an old woman.

Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, and Emma Watson are playing their characters 19 years later in the Harry Potter epilogue.

It's not impossible for McAvoy and Fassbender to play Xavier and Magneto over a couple decades, actors have done it plenty of times before.

Although I would worry about McAvoy continuing to play Xavier into older age making it harder for he and Patrick Stewart's portrayals to gel. I hope he starts looking plausibly like he could end up as Stewart as times goes on, but the older his Xavier gets onscreen, the harder this will be, IMO.

Assuming this is part of the same continuity as the other movies...

Macbethmilk-1.gif

For your viewing pleasure, some McAvoy hotness... :woot:

Although I would worry about McAvoy continuing to play Xavier into older age making it harder for he and Patrick Stewart's portrayals to gel. I hope he starts looking plausibly like he could end up as Stewart as times goes on, but the older his Xavier gets onscreen, the harder this will be, IMO..
This is exactly what I'm saying.

I don't think they'll go in that direction. I mean, I doubt this movie is going to pull a Benjamin Button on us...

God, I love Rebecca Hall.

Any idea on the song, JP? Also, did you get the PM I sent you?

I really want to find the name of that song/artist, so if anyone can help, it's much appreciated.

How and when does Xavier lose the use of his legs? Is it explained in the comics?

In a strange town near the Himalayas, Xavier encounters an alien calling himself Lucifer, the advance scout for an invasion by his race, and foils his plans. In retaliation, Lucifer drops a huge stone block on Xavier, crippling his legs. After Lucifer leaves, a young woman named Sage hears Xavier's telepathic cries for help and rescues him, bringing him to safety, beginning a long alliance between the two.

He regains the use of his legs but is crippled again when he battles his son Legion who is taken over by the Shadow King.

This isn't confirmed or anything but according to some guy on IMDB the latest issue of Empire magazine confirms James McAvoy will be bald.

As a member of the UK populous I'll try and buy a copy tomorrow to see if it has any other info.

59466938.jpg

That's the scan but I can't find a bigger rez version.

59466938.jpg

That's the scan but I can't find a bigger rez version.

I have that issue. It states:

James McAvoy - will shave his head and emulate Patrick Stewart's smooth English burr as a young Professor Charles Xavier. He gets to walk around in this one, too, for a while, at least.

(Sounds more like gossip and supposition than fact)

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Garfield looks good in that. I'm really starting to come around to him as Peter.

I'm already there, Bill. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"