The Official JANUARY JONES/Emma Frost Thread - Part 1

Discussion in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' started by Thread Manager, Jun 6, 2011.

1. neemer5

neemer5 Well-Known Member

If The professor couldn't use his powers through a submarine, they must have used the same concept.

2. SkyIsBlue

SkyIsBlue Well-Known Member

I know this may sound blasphemous for some, but after watching FC for the nth time, I actually find Jones' acting acceptable lol and this coming from someone who thought that she was terrible at it.

I guess it takes a little conditioning of the mind to think that the Emma Frost they wanted to explore in the movie was an apathetic and indifferent mutant rather than the witty and sarcastic White Queen we had in the comics.

3. batboy99

batboy99 BTVS

I draw more than just Emma, I promise! lol
    [​IMG]

4. Darkness Falls

Darkness Falls We Could Be Heroes.....

i liked jones as emma too

5. Krak66

Krak66 Well-Known Member

A bit off topic but back in 1999 Sigourney Weaver would be perfect Emma Frost :D

[​IMG]

6. X-Maniac

X-Maniac High Evolutionary

Emma would bring a great dynamic, either as X-Men member or villain, because of her snooty, sardonic, sarcastic personality. It's something we haven't seen in the films from other characters. The movie version could develop that more confident persona once she was out from under the thumb of Shaw.

However, whether we see Frost again is another matter.

7. strangeheart

strangeheart Member

they need someone like Christina Aguilera to play Emma Frost. She has the look for it.

8. batboy99

batboy99 BTVS

Hahaahahahahhahahahahaaha. You're funny.

9. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

[​IMG]

10. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

Agreed.

11. merbass

merbass Well-Known Member

Elizabeth Berkley would nail it.

12. SkyIsBlue

SkyIsBlue Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

YEAH!!!

13. autumnkid2000

autumnkid2000 Well-Known Member

14. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Emma Frost has to be back one day. Getting rid to get 0.04% more out of a plane scene was quite the waste.

15. ComicChick

ComicChick Hurricane-ing

hopefully recast though

16. Iceman

I didn't mind January Jones but I know there are a number of actresses who could do a fair bit better.

17. autumnkid2000

^ same here. I don't think she was that bad. She just paled in comparison to the greatness of those around her. I won't mind seeing her again. And regarding the absence of proof in the movie aside from Erik's statement that she is indeed dead, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll write her back in the movie.

18. x-er

x-er Well-Known Member

I don't think Emma's dead. If you notice, none of the Sentinels in the future were given telepathic powers, only powers related to energy, transformation, physical power and Rogue's absorption. That's probably because, if they can't crack down how a simple human's brain works (even now in 2014), imagine trying to crack down how telepathy works (in a sci-fi reality, of course). Emma's gifts would be too special to do away with her. They would want to either keep studying her or use her for their own ill gain.
    Also if you notice, most of the pictures in the autopsy reports depict mutants with physical transformations (insect wings, guills, strange markings). Very few of them look like they may have had mental powers.

P.S. those images are intense.

19. autumnkid2000

^ A future sentinel battling Sunspot was able to transform into diamond form, though:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. HIA

HIA Well-Known Member

now that I think about...... interesting none of the sentinels used Banshee powers

21. autumnkid2000

True. I'm still hoping that they bring Banshee and Emma back. Didn't one of the promotional sites for the film with the bent bullet shiz mention something along the lines of Azazel and Angel Salvadore being captured and killed by authorities while Emma was captured yet again and that Magneto could not be bothered to break her out yet?

Anyway, it's possible that in the original timeline, while Trask was able to acquire Emma's blood, she still managed to escape. Heck, Mystique did it in the original timeline. Why not Emma?

Regardless of the complaint regarding January Jones, the character has just too much potential and would even provide a good balance to this testosterone-filled franchise where the women who have cooler powers than the men always give way to the latter when it comes to screentime and story importance.

22. HIA

HIA Well-Known Member

I still cant believe we've had two Emmas already, with the first being ignored and the second killed. Its just...... ugnnn. I cant be fine with these decisions by Singer and co. I cant

23. JEM

JEM Well-Known Member

Who say Emma in Wolverine Origin being ignored :cwink: (except people on internet) ?
    If Singer wants, he can just say Emma in Origin is (FC) Emma Frost's daughter .
    I don't say it will happen but if Singer wants, he can .
    When you think about that, it is the best way to go because you can have the trio Cyclop, Jean, Emma .

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
  24. kasjan

kasjan Well-Known Member

I wonder how does Magneto could know about someone is dead or not, when he was in prison all this time.
    Maybe Banshee escaped to Scotland, and Emma escaped to Canada (so we have her 2 daughters later: Kayla, Emma jr.).

25. Iceman

Emma's too important a part of recent X-history to go out like that in just a throwaway sentence without being brought back some way. I would have liked her to be a top villain in her own right for a film or 2 before one day making a comic style conversion to joining the X-Men.