Justice League The Official Justice League Director Thread

Yep. Gets annoying at times, especially when he withholds it and dangles 'scoops' in front of us.
154catsitsandplays.ashx

C'mon get it, getit, getit, getit! ;):p

Looking at the way things are going right now I have a feeling that If "Man of Steel" does very well at the box office, we will be seeing Christopher Nolan producing Justice League with Zack Snyder possibly directing. If I had my wish list of directors to choose from, though this would be it (not necessarily in order):

James Cameron
Peter Jackson
David Yates
Steven Soderberg
Ridley Scott
David Fincher
The Wachowskis
Tim Burton
Sam Rami
Wes Craven
Guillermo Del Toro
Zack Snyder
Christopher Nolan
Katherine Bigelowe
Paul Greengrass

Last edited:
Aw, I'll post this to make you feel better:

tumblr_lsg42eUtK51r45os0o1_500.jpg

^ It makes complete and absolute sense. :D

Looking at the way things are going right now I have a feeling that If "Man of Steel" does very well at the box office, we will be seeing Christopher Nolan producing Justice League with Zack Snyder possibly directing. If I had my wish list of directors to choose from, though this would be it (not necessarily in order):

James Cameron
Peter Jackson
David Yates
Steven Soderberg
Ridley Scott
David Fincher
The Wachowskis
Tim Burton
Sam Rami
Wes Craven
Guillermo Del Toro
Zack Snyder
Christopher Nolan
Katherine Bigelowe
Paul Greengrass
If we get Soderberg, you could probably bet Tatum will end up in the movie somehow. With Burton we will probably get Depp as The Flash or even Batman with Helena as Wonder Woman. And I would love Kathryn Bigelow, but can she do a special effects heavy blockbuster?

I don't think Bigelow would want to do JL. She's interested in telling factual-based stories, hence pics like Zero Dark Thirty and The Hurt Locker. And she wouldn't want to do a movie where several of the actors were picked prior to her coming on.

I like that WB is seeking out the directors looked at for Episode VII. I think Matthew Vaughn would be terrific (provided he doesn't boink a female co-star or bail before filming began), as well as Favreau and Cuaron.

I don't think Bigelow would want to do JL. She's interested in telling factual-based stories, hence pics like Zero Dark Thirty and The Hurt Locker. And she wouldn't want to do a movie where several of the actors were picked prior to her coming on.
Exactly what I thought, but I can dream. *cues Anne Hathaway's version of I Dreamed a Dream* :(

I really really hope the Matthew Vaugh rumours are true

^ It makes complete and absolute sense. :D

If we get Soderberg, you could probably bet Tatum will end up in the movie somehow. With Burton we will probably get Depp as The Flash or even Batman with Helena as Wonder Woman. And I would love Kathryn Bigelow, but can she do a special effects heavy blockbuster?

The reason why I put Bigelow on the list was because she has proven that she can do research on subject matter and make an entertaining film. Comicbook films are about researching the source material and I feel that she could take an existing storyline (like a Justice, like an Our Worlds at War, like a Zero Hour, or like a Kingdom Come) and make it entertaining with lots of action, drama, and suspense. I am not too worried about her ability to do the special effects. She could always hire a good SFx outfit to do the work for her (remember she is just a director).

I like that WB is seeking out the directors looked at for Episode VII. I think Matthew Vaughn would be terrific (provided he doesn't boink a female co-star or bail before filming began), as well as Favreau and Cuaron.

Bigelow did direct "Strange Days" in 1995, which was a futuristic tale. That received a lot of critical praise as well as an award from the Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films for best director. Although she may think twice about taking the helm of a comic book film, she definitely could do one, although it may be very dark and contain subject matter controversial to what we know from DC characters and story-lines. I also believe that she would make Wonder Woman a very strong character in this film, which I am sure her fans would appreciate.

Last edited:
I'm not saying Bigelow would make a good JL movie, I don't think it's on her radar or something she's actively campaigning for. I don't doubt her talent for a minute, and her involvement would DEFINITELY attract some good actors.

But I'm getting worried about JL now. What Ultimatehero has said about the progress on the GL and WW scripts discourages me... and unless a director with enough clout signs on, the script will suffer regardless. Maybe the execs at WB have realized you don't stifle creativity if they stay on budget, on time, and allow the director to tell a good story?

Yesterday saw the news surface that J.J. Abrams had been named to director Star Wars.

Then it came out that Matthew Vaughn was in the running and even pitched Chloe Moretz as the lead.

Our DC Entertainment source has provided us with some information that Vaughn previously turned down the Justice League movie when offered last year to focus on Star Wars.

But now that Disney has gone with their #1 choice, Warner Bros. and Thomas Tull of Legendary Entertainment are definitely interested in Matthew Vaughn.

Our DC Entertainment source also provided us with three other names that they are interested in: Sam Mendes (Skyfall), Rian Johnson (Looper), and Gary Ross (The Hunger Games).

We are also told Peter Jackson was a contender, but when The Hobbit was turned into three films that put an end to Jackson directing the Justice League movie.

We are also told Christopher Nolan and his Syncopy Films WILL NOT be producing Justice League.

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder and Deborah Snyder (Cruel & Unusual Films) MIGHT be credited as Exec. Producers; our source speculates that Snyder will be consulting the project in some capacity.

We're also told Legendary Pictures will be co-financing the Justice League film's budget of around $250 million.

I would not put any stock into Cosmic Book News. Unless their track record gets established (a la Latino-Review), I would call it speculative news at best.

What set off my BS meter? Vaughn supposedly pitching Chloe Moretz as the lead in Episode VII...

Any chance of the Wachowski's being interested? I feel they are the only ones good enough to pull off a cinematically stunning JLA film. Of course, Cameron and Spielberg are just as grand with their camera, but they don't quite have the eye for comic booky compositions like the W's do.

I would not put any stock into Cosmic Book News. Unless their track record gets established (a la Latino-Review), I would call it speculative news at best.

What set off my BS meter? Vaughn supposedly pitching Chloe Moretz as the lead in Episode VII...

That's what /Film reported (that Vaughn may have pitched Cloe Moretz). There was also a tweet by Peter Sciretta, founder of /Film, that suggested that the Star Wars Episode VII lead might not be a male around that time.

Any chance of the Wachowski's being interested? I feel they are the only ones good enough to pull off a cinematically stunning JLA film. Of course, Cameron and Spielberg are just as grand with their camera, but they don't quite have the eye for comic booky compositions like the W's do.

Considering that their last two films did poorly, I don't think so.

It seems like that site has "scoops" every week, and some of them contradict each other. But if they're right...i hope they dont touch the Hunger Games dude. Sam Mendes and Rian Johnson? That would be unbelievable, but Mendes wouldn't know where to start with something like this. He's said it himself. Rian would be the best choice next to Alfonso Cuaron but Matthew Vaughn wouldnt be too bad either.

Im not a HUGE fan of Vaughn but he's decent. My problem with him is his writing (or the woman he collaborates with) and the characters he brings in his movies to appeal to a younger crowd. So im happy he's not writing this. Maybe his directing and visual style could be good for JL but he's probably gonna wanna mess with the script a bit. So i prefer Cuaron/Johnson.

To be fair to Cosmic Book News the "scoops" they get off of their DC Entertainment source, the majority of those have turned out to be true...

They had a lot of Green Lantern Scoops that came out true which weren't picked up by bigger sites, they have had a few scoops on Man of Steel that have turned out true as well.

That's what /Film reported (that Vaughn may have pitched Cloe Moretz). There was also a tweet by Peter Sciretta, founder of /Film, that suggested that the Star Wars Episode VII lead might not be a male around that time.

But that proves nothing. All Cosmic did was lift some of the news sources, mix them up, and hope Vaughn accepts the JL gig.

If they actually get something right, it'd be something.

Considering that their last two films did poorly, I don't think so.

Well, "Cloud Atlas" did get positive reviews and it did get kudos for its technical work. It just didn't perform well at the box office ($82 million world wide on a estimated $100 million budget). I would write both those films off to the fact that there was a lack of brand awareness amongst the target market (that and the fact that it was and independent film going up against big budget projects like "Hotel Transylvania" and "Argo" and then later "Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2" and "Skyfall"). I just want to think that the Wachowski's could do better with the right product and a good budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"