Justice League The Official Justice League Director Thread

Not with that much money on the line. Not going to happen.
Oh yes, it can happen, and it should happen. But the studios are really afraid to take the step.
Abrams is just the same geek guy Whedon is. Now he's got too much on his plate, unfortunately, but I would rather have seen him take on JL than Star Wars.

I wouldn't trust anything Cosmic Book News says, they hear a rumour or a suggestion and take it as fact

^Matthew Vaughn is the kind of guy for something like this. JL requires someone who has either adapted fantasy/fairy tales or someone with a background in science fiction (something more than just a psychological drama that happens to have a futuristic setting). Those genres involves green/blue screen, and this knowledge is crucial when it comes to transfering DC's five most well-known characters in one single motion picture.

There's only one problem with Vaughn. He's done superheroes before :(
I hope the Bryan Singer curse doesn't kick in again, like last time someone left X-Men for Superman :S

I wouldn't trust anything Cosmic Book News says, they hear a rumour or a suggestion and take it as fact

They've also got a habit of making statements that are ambiguous and vague.

We are now told the reason.

• Our source says that Will Beall's Justice League movie script was written in such a way that it didn't include the knowledge of a Cinematic Universe; that Beall's draft isn't reflected of Henry Cavill's portrayal of the character from Man of Steel as it was written.

• David Goyer will be rewriting Superman's arc in the script.

• Our source also now tells us that Warner Bros. is preparing to offer a lucrative package to Zack Snyder to direct Justice League for a 2015/16 release; Shortly before or after Man of Steel's release is an expected time of OFFICIAL announcement.

IF any of this is true (which from what I understand, Goyer will or is currently having a a pass at Bealls JL script) than why the heck didn't WB's let Beall in on Goyer and Nolans MOS story/script so he can prepare Supermans arc in JL to tie in with some events from the MOS film beforehand?

Hope Goyer just rewrites whatever is necessary from Bealls JL script.

If Snyder is hired as director for JL, than I wouldn't be surprised if Snyders' boy Johnstad has a pass at Goyers version also.

Last edited:
just let nolan/goyer write every dc adaption i dont trust anyone else but them with dc stuff and wb have given me no reason to think otherwise

just let nolan/goyer write every dc adaption i dont trust anyone else but them with dc stuff and wb have given me no reason to think otherwise

I agree with this to a certain extent. The Nolans and Goyer work well together as well with them writing and now Snyder directing in the collaboration which is MOS. I also wouldn't mind Kurt Johnstad and or David Hayter take a pass at JL script or another DC adaptation on film or Josh Olsen who wrote History of Violence or maybe David Benioff or Steve Kloves.

The Dragon scene in Sucker Punch lets me know that Snyder could pull off Apokolips. Also, he'd nail the deadly coordination and cooperation that the Female Furies have in combat.
[YT]hNaeXuLyF2o[/YT]

The Justice League in slow motion, and Star Wars with lens flare. In the same year.

snyder hinted, yeah only if man of steel does good. it's so funny WB won't make it seem like they don't care about his vision or style for the film, just how much money they can make. at least marvel gave fav, or whedon a shot.

Snyder's such a boring predictable pick. You basically know what kind of movie you're getting with him, so my excitement level for something new and different will be non-existent.

Really? Cuz MOS is pretty different from what he's done before.

Snyder is perfect for this.

Snyder has the upper hand because he owns the filming rights to his Superman. If he's not involved then you won't see the his Superman in the film. If MoS is a box office hit, then he has even more leverage.

Snyder's such a boring predictable pick. You basically know what kind of movie you're getting with him, so my excitement level for something new and different will be non-existent.
Where has he been boring or predictable? :whatever:

Mallick Dammit! I want him comparing the creation of the Justice League to the conception of a child. :argh:

I can understand why some people don't like Snyder's work. But he's not predictable.

Even though it was a very "what the..?!" kind of movie, Sucker Punch had absolutely amazing visuals during the fight scenes. I could sooooo picture Snyder doing an epic battle scene with the Justice League battling Darkseid in the Sucker Punch style. That would be incredible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"