Justice League The Official Justice League Director Thread

I'd love for Snyder to direct Justice League, I just dont want him to write it lol. I've said it time and again and Snyder proves it everytime, his movies "LOOK" amazing, so him doing JL will just mean we'll get some awesome eye candy for 2 + hours :) add a good writer/script to that and its a win win :D

Man, why can't we have someone like Paul Dini write the script? I'm sure he would leap at that opportunity and Dini knows the DC characters like the back of his hand and he's proven himself over the last 20 years with the animated projects and the Arkham games which were big hits.

wow, I wasn't aware he wrote that. Yikes.

So JosephCAW where's that lovely fan-fiction? :cwink:

Sounds like Samsnsee is upset because it not going to be his pick for director.

I'm not upset. I don't have a pick. If a JL movie ever happens, I'll watch it unless reviews are crap. I just feel like WB is looking to cash in on a team-up movie thanks to Avengers, and is going with the most convenient choice.

I remember when Iron Man was a hit, there was all this talk about Favreau directing Avengers too. But Marvel took a step back and picked someone right for that movie. Snyder might be right for Superman, I won't know until I see the final product. And he may be right for JL. But it just looks like WB doesn't necessarily care about developing a JL movie that will actually be good, just one that is good enough.

I'm not upset. I don't have a pick. If a JL movie ever happens, I'll watch it unless reviews are crap. I just feel like WB is looking to cash in on a team-up movie thanks to Avengers, and is going with the most convenient choice.

I remember when Iron Man was a hit, there was all this talk about Favreau directing Avengers too. But Marvel took a step back and picked someone right for that movie. Snyder might be right for Superman, I won't know until I see the final product. And he may be right for JL. But it just looks like WB doesn't necessarily care about developing a JL movie that will actually be good, just one that is good enough.

Well, there is nothing wrong with trying to cash in 'cause, that's what businesses do. You could also look at it as the studio perceiving that comic-book teams will be the next event horizon in the genre and they are only trying to satisfy market demand.

And there's nothing wrong with that. It's about making money, but that doesn't mean you don't at least try to turn out something good and original. Otherwise, we'll just get another Green Lantern.

There is a difference, for Avengers Joss Whedon was also script writer and co-story writer and a director.

Marvel choose Whedon as he had been writing for Avengers comics as well and was much more familiar with Marvel Universe as compared to Favreau.

In case of Justice League, the task of writing is on Goyer, who will look into various Justice League comics and animated movies to make the movie closer to the original source material, so, the director is not really needed to be well versed in DC mythos.

And, let's admit, there is no director that can be DC's equivalent of Whedon (taking up both tasks writing and directing.)

Man, why can't we have someone like Paul Dini write the script? I'm sure he would leap at that opportunity and Dini knows the DC characters like the back of his hand and he's proven himself over the last 20 years with the animated projects and the Arkham games which were big hits.

There's a great idea.

wow, I wasn't aware he wrote that. Yikes.

So JosephCAW where's that lovely fan-fiction? :cwink:

yep, I believe it was his first movie (so far) where he wrote the screenplay and directed it, again, he did an amazing job with how it looked, thats clearly where Snyder excels, he just needs to work on writing.

As for my fan-fiction......still working on it lol, though it wouldn't really be about the Justice League now, I re-worked it for just Superman & Batman :p

I like Dini, but the Arkham games weren't well written at all.

yep, I believe it was his first movie (so far) where he wrote the screenplay and directed it, again, he did an amazing job with how it looked, thats clearly where Snyder excels, he just needs to work on writing.

As for my fan-fiction......still working on it lol, though it wouldn't really be about the Justice League now, I re-worked it for just Superman & Batman :p
Even better :up:

Léo Ho Tep;25699189 said:
I like Dini, but the Arkham games weren't well written at all.

Dini said he wouldn't write Justice League anyway. Also what do you mean by the Arkham games weren't well written?

Give snyder a good script and hes good to go.

The funny thing is that Snyder and David Goyer are like each other missing piece. Snyder is a good, and sometimes great director... just as long as he's not writing the script. And Goyer can be a great writer... at least some of the time... just don't let him direct the film. Though if JL does end up being Goyer's directing gig, I hope to God he's learned a few things since Blade Trinity and The Unborn.

I was thinking that too. Snyder needs a good writer and Goyer or especially Nolan are good people to make sure Snyder doesn't go off the deep end. Goyer is somebody who needs a good director to edit him a bit and create something great visually for whatever he's writing. It's a great pair, and a great trio when u add Nolan. I think we're all gonna see with MOS that they all balance each other nicely.

Having 2 of these 3 (or all 3) together again for JL would be another home-run.

well actually we don't know if Goyer/Synder is a good pairing yet....

but hopefully it will be.

The trailer (not counting all positive reactions to the movie) already looks to me like it's the best Superman movie to date..so ill say they're a good pair.

Yeah, I hope so. If MOS somehow manages to suck after all of this, I think I'm going to give up on superhero movies for good.

well....it might.

Watchmen had a good trailer as well.

Lest we forget that this is the guy who thought Sucker Punch good? No, he didn't write the script for MoS, but he's the one who has final say. I don't really trust his tastes, especially given his track record.

The trailers are excellent though. No doubt about that.

Snyder. Definitely snyder. He created this cinematic universe. He knows best about this universe let him handle it

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"