The Official Kristin Kreuk Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that the relationship felt dragged out, but for me that was more the fault of poor relationship writing and a desire to continue the angst - and not because of the character herself.
\
Lana's importance and prominence as a character is certainly not the only element of SV that doesn't align with the Superman "mythos." Once again, like it or not, SV is its own version of the early Superman years. In this version, Lana Lang is not a minor character. She was slowly phased out once Lois Lane was introduced, which does ultimately serve to align the show with the "mythos."
QFT :up:

I completely agree about the writing. I think it's no secret that the Clark/Lana relationship was one of the selling points early on in the series, to the point where most people (aside from Chlark fans) were probably rooting for them to be together, regardless of any prior knowledge of the mythos. The problem came, however, after they finally did get together for a moment, only to be torn apart by season 3. After that, it began to seem as though Clark was more focused on Lana during the middle seasons, and it was a trend that was only broken up by Kreuk's exit from the show.

I still believe that that relationship has a few loose ends that need to be tied up because the writing was just far below average in terms of how it was handled. I mean I can understand the writer's strike messing things up in season 7, but to "end" Lana's storyline the way that they did was just bad. It shows that they really didn't have any idea of what to do with her after a certain point, and even though I would love to see Kreuk make one last appearance, the way her character has been written makes me worrisome if that were to actually happen.

It definitely is. I got banned from their forums for daring to have a different opinion. If you disagree with a certain Lois related praise (for example, I gave Lois 8/10 for looks rather than the 10/10 that everyone else was giving her)..you will be pounced on by a bunch of internet wolves and cursed to eternity.

Ironic, considering that they'll happily bash Lana and (in some cases) Kristin Kreuk the actress. Double standards indeed.

Although a lot of the bashing is probably derived from jealousy -that picture is just WOW :awesome:

Not defending K-site or anything, but you'll get warned or banned there if you heavily "bash" anyone. Character or fan, wtv. I got 25 warns or something there but it was never for giving my opinion that is different from the majority, it was for calling someone basically a moron lol.

K-Site sounds like a fine, fine community :D

Oh, and as for Shippers, I guess I'll call myself a Lexana, or is it Lanex? I think Lana was most interesting when she was a Luthor, but that's just me being a cynic.

A thread dedicated to the single worst character in the series's decade long history.

For me it's a toss up between Lana or Jor-El. I liked Lana the first couple seasons but around S3 her character started to become either an angst magnet or written into plots I could care less about(many times hating the story such as Clexana).

Jor-El on the other hand had limited appearances but from S2-5 any he was used as a catalyst for many crappy storylines(if you look at my worst episodes list many fall under Jor-El making Clark's life a living hell)

Jor-El appeared FROM season 2! Are you really hating that much on the non-guy?

Jor-El appeared FROM season 2! Are you really hating that much on the non-guy?

Put it this way I don't like Lana much S3+, but at least with her stuff you could easily fast foward through stuff and not miss a beat. Jor-El based storylines usually have more negative effects on the bigger storyline

I think I'm the only one who still watches shows on DVD rather than their TiVos but fast-forwarding? For real? Anyway, I agree though - Jor El figured in a lot more prominently in the series, and most of the over-used deus ex machine and other craziness came from him. That even I didnt like.

It definitely is. I got banned from their forums for daring to have a different opinion. If you disagree with a certain Lois related praise (for example, I gave Lois 8/10 for looks rather than the 10/10 that everyone else was giving her)..you will be pounced on by a bunch of internet wolves and cursed to eternity.

Ironic, considering that they'll happily bash Lana and (in some cases) Kristin Kreuk the actress. Double standards indeed.

Although a lot of the bashing is probably derived from jealousy -that picture is just WOW :awesome:
I used to post there,i joined the boards on 2006 and shortly quit after the NON-STOP KK/Lana bashing that i witnessed there.You right on the double standards issue.It used to nicknamed as Kloe site,i went there during KK 5 eps on season8 and apparently it has turned into a Klois site :wow:
Share their opinions,or being attacked,make fun of and hated on.The mods are also almost all cloiser,and they`re tend to overlook things when it comes to attacking their ship whereas the endless Lana/unmasked KK bashing can go on and on....

If someone made a thread with title Lana in it,it`s a guarantee it`d get lot replies and page views.Ksite forum couldn`t function without the word "Lana",it was the most popular word there.

Funny thing is,Craig till now is still a lurker at Sweet(which has more than half members of Ksite)

Last edited:
Well when I do pull out my older seasons on dvds from time to time. I do watch the whole episode even if I was watching a bad episode from this season or that season of the show.

Well when I do pull out my older seasons on dvds from time to time. I do watch the whole episode even if I was watching a bad episode from this season or that season of the show.

Only time i watch full episodes is when I do series or season rewatches, if I watch a random episode I use the FF button alot. There is many episodes I find that become much better with a FF button

Ah we all have or views. Even with the wrost of the wrost episodes I could still find something of value in them.

You know, for a show that revolved around triangles of all sorts, it's surprising that they never really tried a Lois/Clark/Lana triangle. I mean, of course they never really explored Lois and Clark having feeling for each other while Lana was still there, but had her return episodes not been during Lois' absence in season 8, I think it would have been very interesting to see how that triangle would've been handled. Maybe we
would've never gotten the whole krypto-suit plot.

You know, for a show that revolved around triangles of all sorts, it's surprising that they never really tried a Lois/Clark/Lana triangle. I mean, of course they never really explored Lois and Clark having feeling for each other while Lana was still there, but had her return episodes not been during Lois' absence in season 8, I think it would have been very interesting to see how that triangle would've been handled. Maybe we
would've never gotten the whole krypto-suit plot.
You wanted the precious KK`s 5 last episodes to be all about triangle crap?:dry:
You got your precious clois for the rest of the season 8,so it wouldn`t be fair to tainted Lana`s episodes with that too.
KK had some input on her arc and i doubt she suggested to involve clois on her arc when they should be focus more on giving Lana the send off she deserved.

It would've been better if her last episodes were about triangles, than about what we got.

In fact, having Lana's last arc revolve around a triangle with Clark realizing that he has so much more in common with lois than with lana, and having both clark and lana parting way friendly like adults would be so much better than the crap superlana we got.

Was I the only one who thought that Lana's exit in the last episode of season 7 was so much better than her "real" send off. I guess it would have be better if she never return for her last 5 episode.

You wanted the precious KK`s 5 last episodes to be all about triangle crap?:dry:
Well there was definitely nothing precious about those episodes. Bride and Legion were good, but then Clark basically did a 180 and reverted to when he was a teenager in love with Lana. That killed all the moment for the season, not to mention the way Clark has to be forced to get over Lana, making it look like he'd rather be with her than Lois.

In fact, having Lana's last arc revolve around a triangle with Clark realizing that he has so much more in common with lois than with lana, and having both clark and lana parting way friendly like adults would be so much better than the crap superlana we got.

Was I the only one who thought that Lana's exit in the last episode of season 7 was so much better than her "real" send off. I guess it would have be better if she never return for her last 5 episode.
That's exactly what I mean. I don't mean having Clark mess around with Lana and Lois at the same time, but rather for him to finally realize that his feelings for Lana aren't the same anymore, especially since he now has a closer relationship with Lois. It would've been better than just having him settle for Lois just because Lana became a type of "forbidden" love for him.

And yes, even though the "Dear John" video probably made people hate Lana even more because it felt like a cheap move at the time, at least she did it as a way to help Clark move forward. I'd like to think that that was her real send-off as opposed to the way they retconned it in season 8 by saying she was forced to do it.

but rather for him to finally realize that his feelings for Lana aren't the same anymore, especially since he now has a closer relationship with Lois. It would've been better than just having him settle for Lois just because Lana became a type of "forbidden" love for him.
Spoken as a true Clois Shipper.
I`m glad they kicked out obnoxious Lois on Lana`s arc, made the eps a whole lot better for me.
Like i said,KK would never agree to use her character as Clois pimper.

i do feel for kk fans who probably would want her to return. but i still think we dont really need to see her. plus it was said months ago kk didnt have any plans on returning. So i dont see it being an issue.

Spoken as a true Clois Shipper.
I`m glad they kicked out obnoxious Lois on Lana`s arc, made the eps a whole lot better for me.
Like i said,KK would never agree to use her character as Clois pimper.

Dude, the only one who is obnoxious here is you. There was a time when I was a fan of the Clark and Lana relationship and as such I absolutely hated the way they decided to "finish" it. Clark and Lana deserved to have a permanent breakup that did not happen because of circumstances which were not under their control. The way they chose to separate them was ******ed. The fans deserved more. And as such, I am more then let down with what I got. Whether Lois is Clark's endgame or not is irrelevant, 7 and a half seasons of this relationship shouldn't have ended the way it did.

Dude, the only one who is obnoxious here is you. There was a time when I was a fan of the Clark and Lana relationship and as such I absolutely hated the way they decided to "finish" it. Clark and Lana deserved to have a permanent breakup that did not happen because of circumstances which were not under their control. The way they chose to separate them was ******ed. The fans deserved more. And as such, I am more then let down with what I got. Whether Lois is Clark's endgame or not is irrelevant, 7 and a half seasons of this relationship shouldn't have ended the way it did.
I`m obnoxious because i don`t like clois? :wow:
Excuse us for liking Lana`s last epis be not all about clois.
I don`t give a F**k about Ship

Last edited:
i do feel for kk fans who probably would want her to return
There are ?

3052z.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, I want (ed) KK back for a final appearance, and NO I didn't want it to be any part of any stupid triangle. But THAT would be asking too much.

There, has every aired their gripes now and can this thread go back to being about Kristin Kreuk, and not another Rip on Lana OR Clois thread?

Yes, I want (ed) KK back for a final appearance, and NO I didn't want it to be any part of any stupid triangle. But THAT would be asking too much.

A final send-off wouldn't be all that bad, and it would officially address the fact that Clark did love two women in his life, and the fact that he chose to be with Lois instead. It's part of who he is. As SpideyVille007 said -

Clark has to be forced to get over Lana, making it look like he'd rather be with her than Lois.

realize that his feelings for Lana aren't the same anymore, especially since he now has a closer relationship with Lois. It would've been better than just having him settle for Lois just because Lana became a type of "forbidden" love for him.

They really do deserve an adult separation, and remain pals. Because that's who Lana is in Superman's life - his highschool sweetheart all grown up. And growing up does not mean superpowers, even when we're talking about the Man of Steel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"