The Official Lanterns News & Discussion Thread

I don't think the first outing was ever gonna be fully in space. Could easily see scenes of them on different planets though. Emphasizing that the mystery is terrestrial-based feels like they exist in both it and the extraterrestrial. Maybe I'm overthinking it though.

Any news on if Alan Scott will factor into it in some way? Still down that they got rid of initially including him since that would have been awesome gay rep.

John Stewart - Jovan Adepo, 35

jovan-adepo-3-body-problem-040524-1-4d3b13b3b43242babccc3f8cbf962d67.jpg

Cool to know this is going to be on HBO proper (even if I think TV seasons should be no shorter than 10 episodes).

Very curious to see who will direct.

Im so tired of this stupid and lazy 8 episode order count. WB needs to stop being SO POOR.

It isn’t just WB. That, today, is the typical episode number for shows that are expensive to make. I can’t think of a single media provider that doesn’t often do 8 episode seasons and at the very most 10 for their “expensive” streaming shows.

This also allows the cast (and crew) more room to work on additional projects as well which opens them up to being able to work on said shows.

Last edited:
Yes, my most anticipated DC project getting confirmed makes me happy! Can't wait to see who ends up cast as Hal & John!

I do wish it was set in space, but I'm sure budgetary reasons plays into it being more Earth based. Like others have mentioned, we could still end up seeing extraterrestrial stuff, maybe just limited.

Reeeeallly hope we get the other emotional spectrums in this down the road. Larfleeze would be tough to pull off on a TV budget, but I would lose my mind to see him down the road.

Banking on them getting Bradley Cooper for Hal on this. Since it's the first new series greenlit under Gunn and Safran, and also they're kinda making it a poster-child for the HBO move, I think they'll want to attach a really big name into it.

Yes, my most anticipated DC project getting confirmed makes me happy! Can't wait to see who ends up cast as Hal & John!

I do wish it was set in space, but I'm sure budgetary reasons plays into it being more Earth based. Like others have mentioned, we could still end up seeing extraterrestrial stuff, maybe just limited.

Reeeeallly hope we get the other emotional spectrums in this down the road. Larfleeze would be tough to pull off on a TV budget, but I would lose my mind to see him down the road.
I'm dying to see Saint Walker in live-action myself!

In the same way that Paradise Lost will likely be a prelude to a WW project rather than supplanting it, part of me suspects that Lanterns could lead to a full-fledged Green Lantern Corps thing somewhere down the road.

Poor? The series just moved from Max to HBO original, with everything that entails.
It will get that HBO rich budget and treatment and air on the linear HBO channel as well as on Max.

.Love it, now just cast the modern versions of these two...
Time Machine:
8v254r.gif

8kx8pu.gif

8kx9ft.gif

Seeing as Jordan was based on Newman and Stewart on Poitier (yes I know they changed his character to be more like Hal, yet I prefer the young creative artist thinks outside the box architect(opens the doors of perception) John Stewart, to the bland military grunt they've made him):
Just swap the brass horns^ for power-rings: And give us a Buddy Cop Space-Opera, with whoever can approximate the great dynamic of these two today.:cwink:
If they going the X-Files dynamic; I'm thinking Stewart is the more analytic, skeptic, plan ahead, reliance on scientific method, and evidence first "architect". While Jordan the more often intuitive ("cocky" space pilot), running on pure instinct, jumping in without a plan, wildly speculative (I've seen things you wouldn't believe), fueled by personal experiences and convictions thus frustrating the green, yet expedient, analytic and scientifically-minded Stewart.

More succinctly: Stewart military roles his socks into a perfect compact cylinders in a row. Jordan the quick flip tuck, or tosses them in unmatched pile.

Last edited:

Dunno why but with the various references to shows like Ozark and True Detective plus the summary mentioning an investigation into a earth based murder, I'm wondering if they're gonna take inspiration from Secret Origin and this is going to involve Black Hand? Probably gonna see him dig up his dead family lol.

Last edited:
Dunno why but with the various references to shows like Ozark and True Detective plus the summary mentioning an investigation into a earth based murder, I'm wondering if they're gonna take inspiration from Secret Origin and this is going to involve Black Hand? Probably gonna see him dig up his dead family lol.

Interesting. I wouldn't hate it! I also wouldn't be upset if they took inspiration from Secret Origins for introducing/planting seeds for Atrocitus.

Secret Origin is my next graphic novel coming up on my GL revisit haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"