The Official LittleBigPlanet Thread

Discussion in 'Sony' started by ttotheusher, Jul 22, 2008.

1. ttotheusher

ttotheusher In the Palais

I was quite suprised to not see a LBP thread when I joined these boards, considering its one of the most anticipated games of 2008. So here it is, the official LittleBigPlanet thread! :woot:
    (If there is another one, please point me in the right direction)

[YT]
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MuoRp32W5l0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MuoRp32W5l0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    [/YT]

[YT]
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lSKvWlGEgOE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lSKvWlGEgOE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    [/YT]

[YT]
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CRBS7Dl8H-o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CRBS7Dl8H-o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    [/YT]

2. KALEL114

KALEL114 Impending Return

Cool. The only thing is that you may want to fix the YT links. :up:

3. ttotheusher

The YT links have now been fixed. Enjoy the Sackboy goodness.

4. Electro UK

Electro UK Can't all be for nothing

This game is going to be phenominal. There are 5 big games for me coming out October-December and LBP is at the top of my list for them.

5. Havok83

Havok83 Well-Known Member

I wasnt anticipating this before but the more I see of it, the more I want it

6. Spider-Jay

Spider-Jay Well-Known Member

This game seems to have limitless possibilities!

7. uchiha_itachi

Sackboy FTW

8. The Guardian

The Guardian Forever In Darkness

9. Havok83

Are those dolls or in game models? Those look so real, that I cant tell. If its the latter, then wow. I really hope we can get that detailed with the Sackboy(girl) customization

10. The Guardian

The Guardian Forever In Darkness

THEY ARE IN GAME MODELS, DOWNLOADABLE EXCLUSIVES WHEN YOU PREORDER THE GAME, BUT THEY HAVEN'T SPECIFIED YET AT WHICH STORES THEY WILL BE AVAILABLE, WE SHOULD KNOW MORE IN A FEW DAYS!!! THEY LOOK FREAKING AWESOME AND IN THE COMMENTS ON THE BLOG THEY HINTED AT MORE CHARACTERS ON THE WAY!!!:D:up:

11. Havok83

wow, those look so realistic. I hope its available via Amazon bc thats where I plan on preordering. It would suck if it were Gamestop, but I wouldnt be surprised

12. Fading

Fading ---

I've been looking forward to LBP. The graphics are Pixar quality, and the ability to pretty much make any shape or item that you can imagine means we should see some interesting player made stages. I also heard that you can import pics from your hard drive and put them on the background and such (which would explain why at the PS E3 presentation they had in game images of the PS greatest hits boxes).

I'll probably just spend the first couple of days messing around making various objects before I try playing online or downloading other players maps. In fact I look forward to trying the maps you guys come up with as well. I do worry tho about playing some of the other PSN gamers maps heh, probably get somes with "It's over 9,000", "SPARTAAA", and Chuck Norris jokes written all over everything. Or some dude putting pics of himself all over the background.

13. A.J.Rimmer(BSC)

A.J.Rimmer(BSC) Well-Known Member

I'd say this whole concept to me is really exciting, for me the only real next gen game yet, a really simple idea that seems incredibly well executed.

Can't wait :up:

14. Havok83

you can use the EyeToy to create custom backgrounds and items based on your surroundings or objects you place in front of it

15. Fading

Fading ---

Awesome, thanks for the info. Tho I don't plan on buying an PS Eye Toy it's still nice to know.

16. ttotheusher

"There will be only chaos. and fluff. Lots of fluff." :woot:

17. Arkady Rossovich

Arkady Rossovich Well-Known Member

This game might be one of the sleeper hits of 2008.

18. A.J.Rimmer(BSC)

A.J.Rimmer(BSC) Well-Known Member

Apparently there will be no jpeg support, only compatability with the new EyeToy. Bummer

19. Benstamania

Benstamania Go away.

http://www.gameplayer.com.au/gp_documents/LittleBigPlanet-Embarrass.aspx?catid=Features&Page=1

20. Fading

Fading ---

Anything that promotes user created content, and convincing developers and gaming companies to release more free content is a win for the whole gaming community.

However this article gave me an eye opener, "all the super mario bros. levels on day one"....never thought of that. I was thinking about making creative levels, a lever here, a pulley there, some neat looking backgrounds, but the concept of recreating awesome or nostalgic scenes from current video games never came to mind. Kinda opened my eyes to just how expansive and creative you can be with LBP.

Also I like their direction with DLC. Instead of releasing a level or two for $5, their releasing the content that gives you the ability to improve upon your level making abilities which in turn helps give you as many levels as you or someone else has the creativity to make.

21. Fading

Fading ---

Vader's thread about LBP and Live brought up an interesting direction you can take a game that I didn't think about, and posted in there but will repost here.

It said, "By day one we expect there to be every level of Super Mario Bros. on LBP". I never thought of recreating current game levels with twists. Like do the first level from Mario Bros., have things like having to hit a block to move a wall, or have traps come out of the green pipes and so on.

I think it still hasn't hit me how much potential this game really has. His thread also mentioned that the DLC wouldn't be new levels, but possibly be things like a music studio and other level creation support items. I think that's a great idea as well, since most levels will be made by the players themselves, why not make the DLC content that helps the players make better levels.

22. Benstamania

Benstamania Go away.

Yup...and I should have put this in the LBP thread....whoops.

:(

23. ttotheusher

Did you guys hear that Stephen Fry will be doing the introductory narration? How awesome. :woot:

24. Superhero 101

^^
    Really? That is intresting he has the voice for it. Can't wait for this game but i gotta say with all the games coming out in Fall i am gonna be Broke.

25. Havok83

who's Stephen Fry?