The Official Madden 07 thread

Mister J said:
Peyton was the MVP before Alexander.

BUT PEYTON ISN'T A RUNNING BACK; LIKE I SAID, THEY WANTED SOMEONE TO REPRESENT THEIR NEW EMPHASIS ON THE RUNNING GAME. :o

I didn't say anything about him being on the cover. There was a point of contention in regards to who was the last MVP before Shaun Alexander.

Mister J said:
I didn't say anything about him being on the cover. There was a point of contention in regards to who was the last MVP before Shaun Alexander.

O.K., GOTCHA. :up:

BUT, LIKE I SAID, THEY GENERALLY GO FOR THE MVP, BUT THEY'RE ALSO USUALLY A YEAR BEHIND, BECAUSE OF THE TIMING OF THE GAME RELEASES.

No worries. I was actually surprised they made a big production about who was gonna being ont he cover (having it on SportsCenter and all).

Where'd you hear the stuff about the emphasis on the running game?

Mister J said:
No worries. I was actually surprised they made a big production about who was gonna being ont he cover (having it on SportsCenter and all).

Where'd you hear the stuff about the emphasis on the running game?

THE OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT.

Thanx THWIP*. I just checked the announcement out. :up:

I wonder how that'll factor into the gameplay. Maybe an improved play action form or wearing your opponent down over the course of the game with a strong running attack.

New info from this month's GamePro:

The PS2 and XBOX: Super Star Dreams
For current generation systems, EA Sports hoes that Super star mode makes all-pro this year. It remains a current gen-only feature, and it's undergoing a radical retooling. "When youre playing SS mode this year, it's not going to feel like anything else in Madden", "You're going to feel like youre actually playing a position in pro football.

Also Vision and Precision passing will be relegated to the bench.

Truck stick is now being called the "highlight stick".

On PS3 and X360 EA is taking Madden back to basics..

Your team will began in minicamp and mini camp will consist of 40 year dashes and such.

Also EA is making a hall of fame for online players.

Mr. Vice said:
New info from this month's GamePro:

The PS2 and XBOX: Super Star Dreams
For current generation systems, EA Sports hoes that Super star mode makes all-pro this year. It remains a current gen-only feature, and it's undergoing a radical retooling. "When youre playing SS mode this year, it's not going to feel like anything else in Madden", "You're going to feel like youre actually playing a position in pro football.

Also Vision and Precision passing will be relegated to the bench.

Truck stick is now being called the "highlight stick".

On PS3 and X360 EA is taking Madden back to basics..

Your team will began in minicamp and mini camp will consist of 40 year dashes and such.

Also EA is making a hall of fame for online players.

Wow, 40 year dashes, thats some serious running, haha. Man when u say back to basics, i hope to hell its not as basic as last year, i at least want all the features from previous yrs back in, ie: create a player, edit a player, mini camps, all that.

Wow, EA is dumb. Why wouldn't they put SuperStar mode on the 360/PS3/Wii? It makes ZERO sense to have the "lesser" game be on the next gen systems.

The way i look at it, is EA is just starting off fresh. Instead of porting current gen to next gen, they just started over, and thats why Madden 360 was so 'bleak' last year. I mean compare Madden 2001 to Madden 2006, there was a big gap in overall gameplay, the game really evolved for teh best(for the most part). Im guessing thats what is happeing with next-gen Madden. I just want a good Madden 360 this year, please.

VaderRISE said:
Wow, EA is dumb. Why wouldn't they put SuperStar mode on the 360/PS3/Wii? It makes ZERO sense to have the "lesser" game be on the next gen systems.

Actually... EA is going to have a SS mode in the next-gen versions. Maybe with more dynamic features.

How come a Steelers player isn't on the cover,they won the super bowl?

GoldGoblin said:
How come a Steelers player isn't on the cover,they won the super bowl?
Because they put superstars on the cover and the Steelers don't really have one.

What the hell? Is it just me, or does that screenshot of Vince Young look like a white guy?

Haha, yea he does. I wouldnt worry so much about those screen shots tho. Last yr they had a picture of Mike Minter, S for the Carolina Panthers, and well he was white(Minter is black), but of course by the games release it was fixed. Those shots are more for telling u who went where in the 1st round.

Mee said:
Because they put superstars on the cover and the Steelers don't really have one.

Roethlisberger and Ward are Superstars.

VaderRISE said:
Roethlisberger and Ward are Superstars.

The only hype I saw leading up to the superbowl was Alexander and Bettis.

The latest info about Madden 07 HERE

and some new screens

madden-nfl-07-first-look-20060505024925236.jpg

madden-nfl-07-first-look-20060505024926361.jpg

madden-nfl-07-first-look-20060505024933751.jpg

madden-nfl-07-first-look-20060505024949578-000.jpg

madden-nfl-07-first-look-20060505025013890-000.jpg

madden-nfl-07-first-look-20060505025618795.jpg

madden-nfl-07-first-look-20060505025619623.jpg

Wow, there really is a HUGE gap in graphics from current to next gen. You can really see it in those Alexander pics. The article on IGN was pretty cool, but unfortuantly, it seems that we are still getting that lame announcer. I want some damn ESPN integration. I at least hope they fixed the running animations.

ProjectPat2280 said:
Wow, there really is a HUGE gap in graphics from current to next gen. You can really see it in those Alexander pics. The article on IGN was pretty cool, but unfortuantly, it seems that we are still getting that lame announcer. I want some damn ESPN integration. I at least hope they fixed the running animations.

Dude, those screenshots prove absolutely nothing. :confused: They had screens like that for Madden 2002.

Two things: I want to see some shots in there of the Chiefs, but that's because I'm obsessed with the Chiefs.

Also, I miss the NFL 2K games (damn you, exclusive liscence!). Will you be able to build a custom all-star team in this, like in the last 2K game? Cuz that would make me happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"