The Official Man of Steel Blu Ray Thread

No you can only watch it on a portable device (phone, tablet etc) or computer. Unless you decide to download it instead, which you can, but it's only standard definition. I streamed my copy instead and the quality was not very good. Dvd quality at best.

I was in a hurry for work this morning so I have to ask again. You are saying that the maximum movie mode is not on blu ray?

Edit: I bet this is just the one sold over seas. Cause I just read the Blu ray review and it suggests otherwise. Am I safe to assume that they are reviewing what's in the U.S.?

Last edited:
I am fairly certain those without maximum movie mode are outside of the US.

Blu-ray.com gives a 5/5 score for both picture quality and sound.

This made me laugh:
As soon as the seemingly endless series of production entity logos starts unspooling, the listener is greeted with an almost chthonic rumbling gurgling up from the subwoofer, in an approximation of what being in a live volcano probably sounds (and feels) like. That's just the opening salvo in what is a nonstop barrage of artful surround activity.

Dat Zim. :funny:

Got notice that my Target pre-order has shipped. Fingers crossed that it shows up early...

Got notice that my Target pre-order has shipped. Fingers crossed that it shows up early...
If it does, I would love to hear your thoughts. I'm still trying to decide which way to go. Refresh my memory, does the Target version come in a standard blu ray case, or is it unique due to the bd book?

Ok guys for anyone outside the U.S. The maximum movie mode is on your ultra violet copy of the film. I just discovered it last night. I'm so sorry if I misled anyone on not getting the extra feature. I just didn't read the fine print. So if you got the ultra violet copy, register it and you can watch the journey of discovery mode. Again apologies to anyone I have misled. Enjoy the feature. It was very indepth.
Can you describe the feature?? It is nearly 3 hours in length. What all is covered in it?

That Blu-Ray.com is horrible. It's like he just saw the movie and scanned through the extra features. He just describes each feature in a few words. How about REVIEWING them? That are they good and what all do they cover?

And he slams the much awaited Planet Krypton feature! Here is his quote.
This is one of the more patently ridiculous supplements in recent memory.

Ok guys for anyone outside the U.S. The maximum movie mode is on your ultra violet copy of the film. I just discovered it last night. I'm so sorry if I misled anyone on not getting the extra feature. I just didn't read the fine print. So if you got the ultra violet copy, register it and you can watch the journey of discovery mode. Again apologies to anyone I have misled. Enjoy the feature. It was very indepth.

WOW! I AM BLIND! :doh:

Praise of the Maximum mode. Seems like it is the best feature.
http://www.supermanhomepage.com/movies/movies.php?topic=mos-bluray-review
Journey of Discovery: Creating "Man of Steel" - This immersive feature-length experience allows you to watch the movie with director Zack Snyder and stars Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Diane Lane and others as they share the incredible journey to re-imagine Superman.
This is easily the highlight of the entire collection. It's an amazing insight into the making of the movie. But better than your standard "Making of" featurette, 'Journey of Discovery: Creating "Man of Steel"' actually takes you through the movie, stopping every now and then to give you an insight into something Zack Snyder, the producers, creative people or actors want you to know about. It's long, longer than the movie itself, but it's well worth it.
The screen often splits into three, sometimes four panels, to show you behind-the-scenes elements of the particular part of the film you're currently watching. You get to see pre-viz material, green screen work, computer models, artists impressions, while listening to an anecdote or explanation about how they filmed this part of the movie, or why a particular thing happened the way it did.
This Special Feature is worth the purchase price alone. Can't praise it highly enough. Very impressive. Like the movie itself, you'd easily have to watch it a couple of times to be able to catch everything they show you.

When did you order yours?

If it does, I would love to hear your thoughts. I'm still trying to decide which way to go. Refresh my memory, does the Target version come in a standard blu ray case, or is it unique due to the bd book?

keep us in touch please

I ordered it October 14th. I did get the cheapest/longest shipping so I'm not sure if it will really show up early at all. The estimated arrival is between 11/15 and 11/18 but that seems a bit long since it's coming from Ohio and I'm in NYC.

And unfortunately, even if it does show up early, I don't think I'll have time to really dive into it until the weekend hence choosing the longer shipping option :csad:. You guys will probably get your hands on it before me.

As for the case, it comes with a BD book so I assume it will be a bit thicker than a typical case. I've never had a BD book so I'm not too sure how that works. The cover is character poster of Superman with the blurry treatment. And the beyond the BD book, the special feature is:

"“X-Ray Vision” (EC) –30 minute in-depth look at the signature scenes from Man of Steel
• Destruction of Krypton
• Clark Discovers The Fortress of Solitude
• Battle on the streets of Smallville
• Jor-El Saves Lois & Superman
• Attack on Metropolis

http://www.target.com/p/man-of-steel-blu-ray-dvd-only-at-target/-/A-14622948

Just chiming in.

I think it's lame that different stores contain different features. That's the case here right?

Just chiming in.

I think it's lame that different stores contain different features. That's the case here right?

Yeah, the Target has the BD Book and the extra 30 minute action feature. And I agree, it just another way to take more of our money. I mean, it's really sad that I have to strategize how I'm going to buy a movie.

In terms of features though I think it's just Target that has the extra content... Walmart has a steel book, but the guts are the same - and I don't think Best Buy has anything special...

I ordered it October 14th. I did get the cheapest/longest shipping so I'm not sure if it will really show up early at all. The estimated arrival is between 11/15 and 11/18 but that seems a bit long since it's coming from Ohio and I'm in NYC.

Yeah I just ordered mine Nov. 7 and I too got the cheapest shipping. I live in Indiana, but even more importantly and unfortunate is the fact that I haven't received an email with notification that it has been shipped either. :waa: I can't wait to see this on my TV and turn it up loud.

Yeah, the Target has the BD Book and the extra 30 minute action feature. And I agree, it just another way to take more of our money. I mean, it's really sad that I have to strategize how I'm going to buy a movie.
It is. Not sure if the extra features with Target's is enough to sell me.

In terms of features though I think it's just Target that has the extra content... Walmart has a steel book, but the guts are the same - and I don't think Best Buy has anything special...
Might have to get a steel book..hmm

It is. Not sure if the extra features with Target's is enough to sell me.

Might have to get a steel book..hmm

If there ever was a time to get a steel book version, it would be now...:super:

If there ever was a time to get a steel book version, it would be now...:super:

Haha! I get it. Well, there's no Walmart around me...
I really do like the standard blu-ray cover though.

I'm just so confused....I want the best special features I can find. I'd kinda like a steel book but not sure what special features comes with each version....

Does anyone know if the Collector's Edition (the one with the 'S' steel box) is Region Free or not? I can only find it in Amazon US and i would like to get it as a gift for a friend in New Zealand.

Thanks.

I'm just so confused....I want the best special features I can find. I'd kinda like a steel book but not sure what special features comes with each version....

I guess you're just gonna have to go to each online website and see which features are with what store.

If ANYONE preordered from WALMART, go to vudu on devices or consoles and it tells you that in 40 minutes we get our digital copies.Which is perfect, I can let the hdx sit and download and watch it tomorrow night, then repeatedly over the weekend lol.

Also Walmart/vudu has shipped my bluray, emailed me a tracking number but it hasn't been updated. I also preordered the tin set from wbshop but it hasn't been shipped yet. Then on release day, must go to target and get the digibook for their extra special features. I imagine BEST BUY will be offering a steelbook, different from the Walmart preorder, but not 100% sure until the sales ad comes out. Couldn't find it leaked online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"