Comics The Official Marvel 'Civil War' Thread

Chamber_UK

Civilian
Reaction score
Okay for those who haven't heard the buzz yet about marvel 'civil war' heres a bit taken from an interview on www.uncannyxmen.net...

---
Trevor -- A ton of news has hit the fans since last we spoke. The biggest news is about the Civil War event that will transpire later on this year. We already know that the event will contain a “Mutant/Super-Human Registration Bill” that will split the Super-Hero community. What effect will this event have on the X-Men?

Marts -- Marvel Civil War is by far the biggest thing to happen to our characters in a long time. And don’t think the X-Men will be spared. A super powers registration act of any kind is dangerous, but perhaps even more so to the X-Men, who have had experience with type of thing before.
---

So it appears that the government or ONE is going to pass not only a mutant but a mutant/superhuman registration act. Any thoughts on how u think this is going to play out and whoes going to be on which side.

I reckon the superhero comm is going to be divided into those who enforce it and those that oposse it. And it just my hunch that what's going on in Astonishing with Emma and her liasons with Shaw and Cassandra Nova may have omething to do with it. Don't know why but thats my guess, like she said back in the old New X-Men series when she joined the X-Men, it wasn't that she was evil back during her White Queen days, but she does whatever at the time she feels is best for mutant kind.

I think its good that the rest of the Super Human community starts to feel the bigotry experienced by the X-men and other mutants for so long.

Im looking forward to this one, just to see how much money I have to make over the summer to buy all of the lead in titles....

A poster about it:

mcnivencivilwar.jpg

And I'm glad that they're actually including everyone this time instead of just a handful of characters.

Wait a minute...

Why are characters who don't even live in the United States on that poster?

Hopefully to show how big the scope will be.

I'm just really happy to see the Runaways and Young Avengers up there.

Manic said:
Wait a minute...

Why are characters who don't even live in the United States on that poster?

Shh. Stop making sense. Marvel doesn't like that.

Obviously, this registration act is even going so far as to include a galaxy far, far away as well.

OH
MY
GOD.

I just had the most stupid theory. And it's so stupid, I just know Marvel actually has it planned out...

Okay, so I'm thinking to myself "why the hell would Black Panther be involved in the Civil War? He lives in freaking Wakanda!" So I had a theory:
1) The Fantastic Four call on him for backup
2) The X-Men call on Storm (who should be married to him by then) for backup.

Now, what if both happen? What if the Fan4 and X-Men are on opposing sides, and they both call in favors from the two rulers of Wakanda? This could cause a rift in Ro & T'Challa's marriage, and split them up. This would mean that not only was their marriage a scam on the part of the writers & editors (like we all know it is), but it'd be a scam made purely for the purpose of causing them to break up mere months later for a lame crossover!

.....dammit....

Thats whats going to happen....I know it...

I think the Civil War will go a tad deeper to be honest. I still think that the directions the characters are standing in could be a hint towards which side they join, if that were true it'd mean Johnny and Reed are on oposing sides to Sue and Ben...

I think the Civil War will go a tad deeper to be honest. I still think that the directions the characters are standing in could be a hint towards which side they join, if that were true it'd mean Johnny and Reed are on oposing sides to Sue and Ben...

Johnny is standing right next to sue! So if it was that it would just be reed on an opposing side. And I dont think which side their on in the poster is the side they take cos I'm It seems as if Spidey siding with Ironman

Manic said:
OH
MY
GOD.

I just had the most stupid theory. And it's so stupid, I just know Marvel actually has it planned out...

Okay, so I'm thinking to myself "why the hell would Black Panther be involved in the Civil War? He lives in freaking Wakanda!" So I had a theory:

Now, what if both happen? What if the Fan4 and X-Men are on opposing sides, and they both call in favors from the two rulers of Wakanda? This could cause a rift in Ro & T'Challa's marriage, and split them up. This would mean that not only was their marriage a scam on the part of the writers & editors (like we all know it is), but it'd be a scam made purely for the purpose of causing them to break up mere months later for a lame crossover!

god i hope that isnt gonna happen! but it definetely could with marvel! :down

could somone explain what this civil war thing is? i havent heard of it.

ScarletSpider said:
If that were so, it'd be interesting to note that Wolverine (who's in the center of the image) is facing forward, apparently choosing neither side.

Manic said:
OH
MY
GOD.

Um...I doubt it. But nice theorizing my friend. ;) Why are people so divorce-happy these days? :D

I doubt the poster is indicating which side they are fighting on, is just looks like a moody montage. And no offense to Specter, but where does it say it has anything to do with Marvel Civil War?

I reckon that were gonna have to look long and hard at the personalities of each individual character and see whether or not under the given circumstances that they will for or against the registration bill, here are just a couple of my guesses...

Emma Frost - AGAINST - She wants the best for mutantkind, and some of her comments about mutants being 'the rightful inheriters' of the world are almost borderline with magneto's beliefs. We can expect to see her fight against it.

Cyclops - FOR - I have a sneeking feeling that Cyclops is going to support the bill due to various reasons what with mutantkind finally being pinned up against the wall. He may see the bill as some form of protection. And if the leader of the X-men does support the bill that would provide a plausible explination for disagreement and factionalism within the X-Men.

Wolverine - AGAINST - Come on how can he be anything but!!! He's been a tool for the government soo many times he ain't going to give up now. Unless the realization of his true past has now made hime fed up with the battle and just want hide away and take no side.

Storm (XSE...Bishop, Sage, Nightcrawler, etc) - FOR - Their willing to work with government agencies and have a respect for the law. I suspect that she and many of the former XSE members to take this stance and support the bill, considering the given circumstances.

You guys got any thoughts on any of the other characters.

I'm a bit puzzled as to why there are some characters in that picture who clearly are not in any way superhuman, above all Punisher and Black Widow. I'd say Nick Fury and Iron Fist are borderline cases.

:up: Cool Iceman's right at the front of the picture.....And Captain Britain is stood right next to Union Jack, Cool again!!!......:up:

The Englishman said:
:up: Cool Iceman's right at the front of the picture.....And Captain Britain is stood right next to Union Jack, Cool again!!!......:up:
And you don't find it strange that Captain Britain and Union Jack are in this poster, despite the Civil War being about an American law?

Crowley9 said:
I'm a bit puzzled as to why there are some characters in that picture who clearly are not in any way superhuman, above all Punisher and Black Widow. I'd say Nick Fury and Iron Fist are borderline cases.

....Just because they're not superhuman doesn't mean their lives won't be affected by the registration...

Manic said:
And you don't find it strange that Captain Britain and Union Jack are in this poster, despite the Civil War being about an American law?

Well come to think of it yes i do and there are some Alpha Flight characters in there as well. So in this "Civil War" does America take over the world or something??;)

The Englishman said:
Well come to think of it yes i do and there are some Alpha Flight characters in there as well. So in this "Civil War" does America take over the world or something??;)
No, they appear to take over the galaxy. Check out Silver Surfer.

is fury still wanted by shield after what happened in secret war? as far as ONE and the government are concerned would'nt the punisher be considered a bad guy anyway? for that reason alone he is about the only character we can be 100% of what side he's on. The whole MU already knows every thing any regristration form would want to know, except a current address.

Manic said:
No, they appear to take over the galaxy. Check out Silver Surfer.
Not to mention Black Bolt, or did he move away from the Moon while I had my back turned?

Chamber_UK said:
I doubt the poster is indicating which side they are fighting on, is just looks like a moody montage. And no offense to Specter, but where does it say it has anything to do with Marvel Civil War?

That's where checking where the pic is linked from comes in handy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"