Comics The Official Marvel 'Civil War' Thread

that cover kicks so much ash, i wonder will those be the sides cos wolvie teaming with spidey and daredevil to take on the f4 sounds good to me

That left side looks like the rebellious side.

Newest Civil War image from Newsarama:

She_Hulk_8.jpg

But note that they said that this image was just a mock up done by Horn, and not anything really final.

I'm not looking forward to it. I'm tired of heroes vs. heroes. But then again, I do like political intrigue so it might be good. Who knows.

I've never actually read She-Hulk, but now that i think about it she'd have a very unusual view point for Civil War. Being a lawyer it is a duty to uphold the law, while as She-Hulk she would be a target for the proposed bill.

You really should read Slott's stuff. It's amazing.

After reading "Marvels" over today,the main idea of CW popped into my head more than ever.

There's a dialogue box which reads something along the lines of how the Atomic Bomb was a miracle and success when first discovered.Then the Cold War came.Then sooner and later,we eventually began to fear the Atomic Bomb.This is exactly what I think is going on with CW.The parallels are right there.

I hope this doesn't develop into one big fist fight. The political aspects of the story are what I think are most interesting. In theory you wouldn't think any superhero would support a registration act. They're suppossed to preserve freedom for all, and something like this infringes on that, no matter what the reason for the registration.

It'll also be interesting to see how heroes whose identity is publicly known react to registration versus those who have secret identities. And furthermore how will the government propose to "out" those whose identities aren't known? Within the superhero community itself I think everyone knows who everyone is, but will they sell eachother out?

Did anyone notice Storm isn't on the Cival War poster? Maybe the big surprise is that she gets killed off at her wedding. A political assasination of sorts.

SMroxs said:
I hope this doesn't develop into one big fist fight. The political aspects of the story are what I think are most interesting. In theory you wouldn't think any superhero would support a registration act. They're suppossed to preserve freedom for all, and something like this infringes on that, no matter what the reason for the registration.

It'll also be interesting to see how heroes whose identity is publicly known react to registration versus those who have secret identities. And furthermore how will the government propose to "out" those whose identities aren't known? Within the superhero community itself I think everyone knows who everyone is, but will they sell eachother out?

Don't you worry.Millar is writing this badboy and if there's anything he's good at,it's politically charged stories with meaningful action.

I was just thinking about this today reading thru alot of the CW stuff.If there were actually superheroes in the world,I would be scared to ****e of them.I would want them to be kept track of for sure.It's a scary thought if you think about.People flying or walking around with immense power among the rest of us,I wouldn't trust any of them whether they were as good lookin' as Cyke or as ugly as Hulk.

Blackpanther22 said:
Did anyone notice Storm isn't on the Cival War poster? Maybe the big surprise is that she gets killed off at her wedding. A political assasination of sorts.
If that happens, I'm prepping my "Dr. Strangelove" atomic bomb homage, and flying over Marvel's offices. Hm... I should also buy a cowboy hat.

Anyone remember when heroes acted like ummm, heroes?

The whole heroes fighting each other thing is getting really damn old. Heroes are also getting their butts kicked ALOT these days. And the sniveling drama stuff is seriously thick too.

Can we have some heroes beating up villains stories please? I mean besides T-Bolts, YA and Runaways?

Doc Destruction said:
Anyone remember when heroes acted like ummm, heroes?

The whole heroes fighting each other thing is getting really damn old. Heroes are also getting their butts kicked ALOT these days. And the sniveling drama stuff is seriously thick too.

Can we have some heroes beating up villains stories please? I mean besides T-Bolts, YA and Runaways?

I hope you're not talking about just Marvel because the same thing is happening right now over in Crisis Shmisis.

GNR4Life said:
I was just thinking about this today reading thru alot of the CW stuff.If there were actually superheroes in the world,I would be scared to ****e of them.I would want them to be kept track of for sure.It's a scary thought if you think about.People flying or walking around with immense power among the rest of us,I wouldn't trust any of them whether they were as good lookin' as Cyke or as ugly as Hulk.

LOL...I agree, I bet there would be no little kids in their hulk underwear begging their moms to take them to see the "incredible hulk"

GNR4Life said:
I hope you're not talking about just Marvel because the same thing is happening right now over in Crisis Shmisis.

Bzzzt, wrong. Bet you aren't even reading it.

Lt. Figgnuts said:
Perhaps the two are opposed to the registration, and step in to help shoot it down so it doesn't spread to other countries, like say, Britain.

Wow, foreign powers interfering in American affairs.

It's about time that happened. :up: But somehow, I doubt that's really the case. :down:

Blackpanther22 said:

No way. Storm probably gets summoned by the X-Men. She then leaves ditches T'Challa at the altar. He follows her so they can put all distractions behind them. Storm has one for the road with Logan before she finally gets hitched.

Why is Black Bolt in this again? If the InHumans live on the Moon's Blue Area then they should not be subject to this 'registration'. Black Bolt should only be campaigning for his people's recognition as a separate nation, apart from the human race.

ScarletSpider said:
I think the Civil War will go a tad deeper to be honest. I still think that the directions the characters are standing in could be a hint towards which side they join, if that were true it'd mean Johnny and Reed are on oposing sides to Sue and Ben...
If so it's interesting that Cyclops is standing against the other X-Men in the shot (except Wolverine, who's just being awkward). Maybe it's related to this New Hellfire Club stuff.

I'll have to read this series to understand everybody's position. Assuming they'll seriously tell everyone's position. If others simply join in for loyalty or by brainwashing then heck with it. Remember when the Avengers were framed for a crime and went to the Vault? What about the decision some made to go public with their identities? So why is this civil war happening now?

Red Mask said:
So why is this civil war happening now?
Because Marvel needs to crank out their annual Crossover Event. Remember how Joe Quesada became EiC, and he promised fans even more, bigger crossovers every year?

Red Mask said:
I'll have to read this series to understand everybody's position. Assuming they'll seriously tell everyone's position. If others simply join in for loyalty or by brainwashing then heck with it. Remember when the Avengers were framed for a crime and went to the Vault? What about the decision some made to go public with their identities? So why is this civil war happening now?

There's going to be an event which takes place in the mini-series within the first 2 issues wtih some sort of incident involving our heroes.The incident is said to be catastrophic having many civilian casualties.

Civilian casualties is hardly a new concern. These people are suppose to fighting to protect the people and such. Sounds like they're just revamping an old issue. There are fewer mutants now, so I thought the registration act was invalid. If any heroes should be facing this problem it should be DC superheroes. Their personal wars are getting more people hurt, as well as their comrades. I'd register their butts all the way to Superman, and write it so that it's a good thing.

Red Mask said:
So it's not really an unexplored issue? There are fewer mutants now, so I thought the registration act was invalid. If any heroes should be facing this problem it should be DC. Personal wars get innocent people hurt. I'd register their butts all the way to Superman, and write it so that it's a good thing.

Most likely not.The "event" is said to occur in the mini-series.Millar is the one writer who doesn't give cheap promises.He said #2 of the mini would be some of the best and shocking stuff since the 60s.That's a really bold statement.But this is the same guy who gave us one of the single best issues ever (Ultimates 2 #9) and made the FF cool again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"