The Official Marvel Team Up Thread

Damn, those numbers suck. :( Maybe Marvel will cancel the series and relaunch it with bigger promotion like they did with Runaways and will do with She Hulk.

twinkle said:
Damn, those numbers suck. :( Maybe Marvel will cancel the series and relaunch it with bigger promotion like they did with Runaways and will do with She Hulk.

If they cancel it, odds are they'll change the format to MTU starring Wolverine. Don't wait for Marvel to come up with a miracle plan to sell it. Do it yourself. Tell your comic reading friends what a good read it is.

Those numbers PISS ME OFF! And it's because of people who are too afraid to drop a bad book ''because it's they're favorite character'' WTF would you buy something you don't like? God dammit,The ONE time a really great book comes,and people are ignoring it,because they're too busy having a wet dream over House of M.:rolleyes:

I can't wait until MARVEL TEAMUP #8: THE PUNISHER AND BLADE!

It's gonna rock HARDCORE!

Goddamnit! :mad:

They better NOT cancel this book!

Someone show me one f***ing AD for Marvel Team-Up.

Just one.

Bastards.

Hey! It's nice to see you again, Gambit, but could you at least give Marvel credit for MAKING THE GODDAMN BOOK. I mean jeez, don't the fans get ANY of the blame.

*cough*Deadpool*cough*

I'm glad he's back around in Cable/Deadpool but I'd love to see the merc pop up in MTU

All I can say is we need ideas to build a following in MTU.

Perhaps a site where readers can pledge to support MTU

me said:
MARVEL TEAM UP

Do not cancell this book. This is one of your best books out there and the reason it is doing poorly in sales is because you guys dont advertize for it. You use up your advertizing budget telling us about the Ultimate books that we have known about for years of pusing the next big thing from Bendis. Then you are all baffled when MTU sells poorly. There is only so much that I can do by word of mouth alone. You folks need to step up and advertize some of your best books. Let us know that they are out there.

Thanks for your time

I just sent that to Marvel.

I'm with you KAD. Just tell me where to go. I'd hate to see this series die for so many reasons, not the least of which is that IT'S FUN. I think this whole "Marvel doesn't advertise it" is just an excuse. Get off your tail and tell people how good it is and stop blaming Marvel for everything. Advertising didn't get me to buy Runaways, Elijya did. Advertising didn't get me to buy JSA, Corpulent did. Marvel did it's part by putting together this book. Now it's you turn to create buzz.

From All the Rage

Thunderstruck

According to a post made by Robert Kirkman, Scott Kolins is leaving Marvel Team-Up to work with Michael Oeming on his Thor project. Paco Medina will be doing the art for MTU #11-13.

This Has A “Like Thunder And Lightning” Factor of Eight Out of Ten

a look at Paco's art.

SUICIDE_SQUAD_5_inks.jpg

Gotta love Deadshot

venom10.jpg

Ooops. Beat me to the punch, Anubis. It takes me to long to type! One good thing, I'll definately buy Thor!

Oh, that wasn't a comment on Medina. I like his stuff too. I just really like Kolins.

SWEEEEEEET!!! Kolins on Thor with Oeming gives me quite a geekgasm. Medina's also a great artist, if a little cartoonish. Looking forward to both projects.

Well, I got issue #9 today, because I have the luxury of living in Canada... ;)

It was quite surprising to see SleepWalker in the book

:)

And the writing in this issue was far superior to the somewhat disappointing Blade/Punisher team-up.

That Blade/Punisher issue was really boring. There are very few writers who can make an entire issue of 2 guys on a rooftop compelling, and apparently Kirkman isn't one of them. :(

Just got the latest issue today. All I have to say is: Greatest. Comic. EVER!!! Next to Falcon Limited Series Issue #2, natch.

Well, ok, that's not all. For those who haven't bothered to pick this book up yet, your loss. The current issue features the greatest villain ever in the history of comics, or even in the history of humans too. Don't know what you crazy kids are waiting for, but if there was ever a time to buy a comic, any comic, the time is now!!

Ok, that's all I have to say for real this time.

I can't believe that nobody talked about the conclusion to this latest arc.
Oh, iloveclones, how you've disappointed me... :(

The writing on this book has been pure brilliance. And the fact that Marvel has announced they will continue with the title for another year despite really disappointing sales figures is a positive sign that they have faith in Kirkman to revitalize continuity which has been sorely lacking in the Marvel Universe for the last 10 years.

Buy this book NOW!!!

Seriously. When it first came out, i was only planning to buy it when Spider-Man was featured, but it impressed me so much, i continued with it, and love it.

Sorry to see Kollins go, but Medina's stuff looks like it will fit in nicely.

Yeah, that Thor mini Kolins is working on sounds sweet! He says there will be an entire issue dedicated soley to a Thor/Hercules throw down.

Themanofbat said:
Oh, iloveclones, how you've disappointed me... :(

:D

I'm pretty sure I talked about it somewhere. I must've forgotten about this thread. I'll try not to let you down again, TMOB.

If it puts me in your good graces again, though: I was in my local comic book shop, and a teenage kid was in with his mother (how unusual is that?!?). They had been out of the country for a while, and the kid wanted to get back into comics, so the store owner was making a few recommendations. So I immediately jumped in with MTU.(Don't worry, Elijya, someone had already mentioned Runaways :) ) Told him it was a great way to get introduced to a wide array of characters, AND it's one of the best written out there.

CaptainStacy said:
Seriously. When it first came out, i was only planning to buy it when Spider-Man was featured, but it impressed me so much, i continued with it, and love it.

Sorry to see Kollins go, but Medina's stuff looks like it will fit in nicely.

Yeah, that Thor mini Kolins is working on sounds sweet! He says there will be an entire issue dedicated soley to a Thor/Hercules throw down.

I agree I was thinking of dropping after Kollins but I saw the preview of Medina's first isuue and I must say I'm impressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"