The Official Mass Effect Thread - Part 2

ok here's our look at the multiplayer from what was said above in many out lets you have playit but you send ether playersb or NPC's to do the strike mission from the operations center of the Nexus . this isn't that different from what you did inthe shadow broker DLC in ME2 or dragon age inquisition with war table . you can't choose who on those teams.

But you pick the team and send them out while do other thing in the single player.

PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
[FONT=&quot]Mass Effect: Andromeda ‘Gameplay Series #4: Multiplayer’ video[/FONT]
Published 9 hours ago. 14 comments.

A look at cooperative multiplayer.

ME-Andromeda_03-14-17.jpg
Ads by Kiosked

The fourth video in Electronic Arts and BioWare’s Mass Effect: Andromeda gameplay series focuses on multiplayer.

In Mass Effect: Andromeda, up to four players will be able to join forces in cooperative multiplayer to battle through hordes of enemies and win using “high-tech armaments and deep customization.”

Mass Effect: Andromeda is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on March 21 in North America and March 23 in Europe.

Watch the footage below.
[YT]6OmW-4F4h30[/YT]

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA | Multiplayer | Official Gameplay Series - Part 4

• 435,269 views11 hours ago

Read More

PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, BioWare, Clips, EA, Gameplay, Mass Effect: Andromeda, RPG, Shooter, TPS

Also with

[FONT="]More bonus content for paying extra.[/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="]
[/FONT]

[FONT="]
[/FONT]

[FONT="]While we work our way towards Mass Effect: Andromeda's launch, BioWare and EA are doubling down on their efforts to get fans to buy into the Deluxe and Super Deluxe versions of the game.[/FONT]
[FONT="]The producer behind Mass Effect: Andromeda (as well as the Mass Effect Trilogy), Michael Gamble, detailed that gamers who purchase the Deluxe Edition or Super Deluxe Edition will be getting additional content at no further cost in May, on top of all the other perks those game versions come time.[/FONT]
[FONT="]What content can the folks that spend extra cash on Mass Effect: Andromeda get? Luckily, that's already been detailed for us:[/FONT]

• 1 exclusive Multiplayer Pack
    • Your highest chance of getting an Ultra-Rare item
  • 2 additional custom Nomad Skins
  • 1 additional Pathfinder Casual outfit
[FONT="]Here's what is in the Deluxe Edition for $69.99:[/FONT]

• Deep Space Explorer Armor
    • A unique armor set to help you explore the farthest reaches of the Andromeda Galaxy
  • Nomad Skin
    • A unique skin for the Nomad vehicle as you explore new worlds
  • Multiplayer Booster Pack
    • Jump-start your multiplayer co-op experience with a booster pack. Includes 5x of 50% XP Boosters (Receive instantly, limit 1 per match).
  • Pathfinder Casual Outfit
    • Look your best while aboard the Tempest and when docked at friendly locations.
  • Scavenger Armor
    • A unique look for the Pathfinder while exploring new worlds.
  • Pathfinder Elite Weapon Set (4)
    • Battle the dangers of Andromeda with this unique set of weapons.
  • Pet Pyjak
    • Everyone’s favorite space monkey is back and ready to join you aboard the Tempest.
  • Digital Soundtrack
    • Listen to Mass Effect's iconic music anywhere you go with a file download.
  • Multiplayer Deluxe Launch Pack
    • Get a head start on Day 1 Co-op play with the Multiplayer Launch Pack including weapons and equipment to kick start your progress (received instantly)
[FONT="]Additionally, if you purchase the Super Deluxe Edition for $99.99, you get all that plus more multiplayer booster packs.[/FONT]

• Multiplayer Super Deluxe Booster Packs
    • Own Co-op play with the best multiplayer value - a weekly Premium Pack for a 20 week period to deliver an ongoing boost to your progression. (1 pack per week over 20 weeks, worth up to $60).
[FONT="]Fortunately, Standard Edition purchasers get a little extra something too. Pre-ordering the Standard Version of the game for $59.99 will get you the following items:[/FONT]

• Deep Space Explorer Armor
  • Multiplayer 5x 50% XP Boosters Pack
  • A unique Nomad Skin
[FONT="]Mass Effect: Andromeda releases on March 21st for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.[/FONT]
IN THIS ARTICLE

[FONT="]Tags:
MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA[/FONT]

source: Gematsu&[FONT=&quot]http://www.gamezone.com/
GZ_logo-e60bbbfb8172ed2476fe1c65210e382e.svg
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Mass Effect: Andromeda multiplayer guide - Strike Teams, missions, classes, and customisation

16 hours ago

BioWare may have built an epic galaxy-spanning space opera with Mass Effect: Andromeda, but it’s not a purely solo experience. Building upon the...Read more

Also with

The first hour of Mass Effect: Andromeda, as played and narrated by us

[YT]PE3qbpK0J5o[/YT]
Mass Effect: Andromeda Let's Play | New galaxy adventures

• 2,620 views15 hours ago

14 hours agoComments 1
A new Mass Effect is but days away, with the first few hours available to all on Thursday, and the full thing just a week later for the EU, less...
Read more

Fallowing that

Also with

[YT]OnJSHuinPPQ[/YT]
Two Hours of Mass Effect: Andromeda (Live Stream Archive)
16,490 views 8 hours ago

6:06
[YT]fOkwxOuC3rM[/YT]
Mass Effect Andromeda Collector's Edition Unboxing

• 13,488 views13 hours ago

Published on 14 Mar 2017
Check out our unboxing of the Mass Effect Andromeda Collector's Edition Nomad ND1

fallowing all THAT

\Lastly all From the same place Spoiler warning for these ones below

2:56
[YT]WDOe4FMNKjE[/YT]
Mass Effect Andromeda N7 Armor: How To Get Shepard's N7 Armor for Ryder in Mass Effect Andromeda
47,098 views 11 hours ago

source:PCGN , GI ,GameSpot's Youtube Channels ,Sly Nation&outsidexbox

Last edited:
watched those character creator vids and read about it online.

and wow! it looks like this CC will be even more limited than before. :(

apparently, you can't actually change the nose/mouth/eye style from the presets. you can use sliders to adjust the size/height, but you can't actually change the shape.

WTH??!!!

Sounds like the Division/Wildlands CC with just more sliders.

^ it feels like a disappointing step backwards. especially since the rest of the game is supposed to give you more "freedom of choice" in terms of combat, dialogue choices, decisions, etc.

the female presets look especially unappealing, and the default face is so-so for me. There's only one female preset that looks decently attractive to me ( #8 I think ) but that preset is tied to a darker skin tone. And it looks like skin tones are tied to the presets. So, even if I put the skin tone slider to the lightest setting, for preset #8, the overall skin tone will still be darker.

So, I wouldn't be able to take that preset which has an overall structure that I like and tweak that to make the skin tone pale/light and the facial features more "Caucasian."

hopefully, the lighter tone presets, once you play around with the available sliders, will be able to yield some decently attractive face models. but again, it would still feel limited because I'd be unable to change the nose, eye, mouth, etc. to what I want.

sigh.......at least there's a male preset that looks decently attractive ( aside from default face ). so, I think I can work with that.

But between this CC and the romance options, it's pushing me closer and closer to playing as male Ryder, which is the opposite of what I wanted to do. and the last thing I wanted to feel with this game was the feeling of being more restricted.

:(

Last edited:
^ it feels like a disappointing step backwards. especially since the rest of the game is supposed to give you more "freedom of choice" in terms of combat, dialogue choices, decisions, etc.

the female presets look especially unappealing, and the default face is so-so for me. There's only one female preset that looks decently attractive to me ( #8 or #9 I think ) but that preset is tied to a darker skin tone. And it looks like skin tones are tied to the presets. So, even if I put the skin tone slider to the lightest setting, for preset #8 or #9, the overall skin tone will still be darker.

So, I wouldn't be able to take that preset which has an overall structure that I like and tweak that to make the skin tone pale/light and the facial features more "Caucasian."

hopefully, the lighter tone presets, once you play around with the available sliders, will be able to yield some decently attractive face models. but again, it would still feel limited because I'd be unable to change the nose, eye, mouth, etc. to what I want.

sigh.......at least there's a male preset that looks decently attractive ( aside from default face ). so, I think I can work with that.

But between this CC and the romance options, it's pushing me closer and closer to playing as male Ryder, which is the opposite of what I wanted to do. and the last thing I wanted to feel with this game was the feeling of being more restricted.

:(

That's...dude...wtf?? I don't know how I feel about that. Which, I can admit is odd because default male Shep was my Shepard throughout the series. But, I don't like the default male Ryder I've seen. He doesn't look like a badass to me. I'm bummed to hear about Female Ryder.

There was a sense, with the way Bioware had been talking about Ryder, that there'd be less ownership of the character on our part. But, I was expecting about the same options as DAI. Dragon Age Inquisition didn't have as robust a create a character as I would have wanted, but I've seen enough examples of people cranking out various celeb faces. This sounds even more restricted than that.

And look, I'm all about storytelling. I'm a firm believer that having a more set-in-stone character on the storytellers end is better for storytelling. But, Bioware's history is about giving players ownership of their Playable character. It's not too much different from Bethesda, and what players have come to expect from them. If we get a more restrictive experience, not just in creating our Ryder, then....man, people will be pissed. Bioware offering less ownership over our playable character...that could be a ****storm.

That's...dude...wtf?? I don't know how I feel about that. Which, I can admit is odd because default male Shep was my Shepard throughout the series. But, I don't like the default male Ryder I've seen. He doesn't look like a badass to me. I'm bummed to hear about Female Ryder.

There was a sense, with the way Bioware had been talking about Ryder, that there'd be less ownership of the character on our part. But, I was expecting about the same options as DAI. Dragon Age Inquisition didn't have as robust a create a character as I would have wanted, but I've seen enough examples of people cranking out various celeb faces. This sounds even more restricted than that.

And look, I'm all about storytelling. I'm a firm believer that having a more set-in-stone character on the storytellers end is better for storytelling. But, Bioware's history is about giving players ownership of their Playable character. It's not too much different from Bethesda, and what players have come to expect from them. If we get a more restrictive experience, not just in creating our Ryder, then....man, people will be pissed. Bioware offering less ownership over our playable character...that could be a ****storm.

exactly!! what's the point of giving us a character creator if we don't.....y'know.....have the freedom to create OUR OWN characters??

I mean, it's not like this is the very 1st character creator, or the 1st game in the series, or even the 1st "new gen" game. It's not. This is 2017. We've had 3 Dragon Age games and 3 Mass Effect games. The last DA game was released for both new gen and prior gen systems, and it had a more robust CC!!

the plus side is that it seems the devs are aware of the complaints and have said they are "looking at" post-launch patches.

the problem, though, is that this should have been resolved before launch. and having to wait for a post-launch patch to hopefully get a more robust CC puts a hamper on my ability to play their game. I was planning on getting this next week. Have it preordered and all paid off. But now, why would I spend anytime in CC and start a character, only for them to release a patch who knows when down the line that allows for better CC. I'd have to restart all over and create a new character!

such a dumb, dumb, dumb decision Bioware. Did not anyone notice this or point this out during development??

exactly!! what's the point of giving us a character creator if we don't.....y'know.....have the freedom to create OUR OWN characters??

I mean, it's not like this is the very 1st character creator, or the 1st game in the series, or even the 1st "new gen" game. It's not. This is 2017. We've had 3 Dragon Age games and 3 Mass Effect games. The last DA game was released for both new gen and prior gen systems, and it had a more robust CC!!

the plus side is that it seems the devs are aware of the complaints and have said they are "looking at" post-launch patches.

the problem, though, is that this should have been resolved before launch. and having to wait for a post-launch patch to hopefully get a more robust CC puts a hamper on my ability to play their game. I was planning on getting this next week. Have it preordered and all paid off. But now, why would I spend anytime in CC and start a character, only for them to release a patch who knows when down the line that allows for better CC. I'd have to restart all over and create a new character!

such a dumb, dumb, dumb decision Bioware. Did not anyone notice this or point this out during development??

I don't know if I'd wait, short of Bioware confirming that they will add more CC options post-launch. If they confirm it, then I think I might wait.

But, like you said, what a dumb position to even be in. It's like they don't know their own fanbase and the things that the fanbase wants and expects. It was one of the reasons I never believed the rumors that Bethesda wouldn't have a female playable character in Fallout 4. You figure there's some stuff they know would be expected. Create-a-character and Bioware are very synonymous. I don't understand why they wouldn't know how important that is to their own fans.

I don't know if I'd wait, short of Bioware confirming that they will add more CC options post-launch. If they confirm it, then I think I might wait.

But, like you said, what a dumb position to even be in. It's like they don't know their own fanbase and the things that the fanbase wants and expects. It was one of the reasons I never believed the rumors that Bethesda wouldn't have a female playable character in Fallout 4. You figure there's some stuff they know would be expected. Create-a-character and Bioware are very synonymous. I don't understand why they wouldn't know how important that is to their own fans.

I want to actually try out the CC myself before passing final judgment. who knows, maybe I'll be able to play around with the presets enough to get something to my liking. or find some character sliders online that I can emulate.

But even if I find something online to emulate, I don't always follow those to a "t" either. I use them as a starting point then tweak and make changes to my liking. Here, though, I won't be able to do that other than using the very limited sliders available. If I want to change the nose or eyes to a different shape, can't ******* do that in this game. stupid!!

if all else fails, I'll just use default Male Ryder or the one male preset ( #6 I think ) that I think I can work with. I was seriously leaning towards male Ryder as my 1st playthrough anyways due to PeeBee being a LI and the seemingly lack of good male LIs for Fem Ryder.

but still, it sucks and I feel restrictive, because I PREFER to create and play as female characters in the Bioware/Bethesda games.

now, I feel like I'm being steered towards playing as male Ryder based on decisions/mechanics in the game.

and I bristle anytime I feel like I'm getting restricted or forced into a certain way in these type of games.......lol.

we shall see in a week's time.........

but I'm not going to lie and say in the past few days my hype for the game hasn't ticked down a notch or two.

Last edited:
I hate character creators anyways so I dont mind it being limited. I have zero intetest in adjusting **** like my character's nose bridge width or the mouth to nose distance and other meaningless character physical features. Just give me a predetermined character like the Witcher RPG's do or a randomly generated character and Im happy. Its not like Im going to be staring in the mirror in the game admiring how my character looks.

I hate character creators anyways so I dont mind it being limited. I have zero intetest in adjusting **** like my character's nose bridge width or the mouth to nose distance and other meaningless character physical features. Just give me a predetermined character like the Witcher RPG's do or a randomly generated character and Im happy. Its not like Im going to be staring in the mirror in the game admiring how my character looks.
This is why I defaulted wit the original Mass Effect.

This is exactly my feelings on the matter as well.

if you don't like character creators, then you have the option to just use the default model or one of the presets. that's fine.

but for all of us who do like to go in and spend hours fine tuning our custom characters, giving us such limited options is a huge slap in the face.

I watched a vid earlier of a youtuber who's a big fan of these games. she was super excited to be able to get her hands on the game and start playing.

she tried to create herself but was immediately frustrated due to the lack of "pale skin" options. Then she was disappointed by the lack of long hair options. But she was most puzzled by the lack of the option to actually change the eyebrows.

in the end she came up with a character I guess she was satisfied with, but it didn't meet her original goal of trying to create a character who looked like her.

and that's not good. that's limiting and restricting. true you're never going to accurately be able to recreate yourself ( though I'm sure in past games some have succeeded ). but when lack of simple customization options and a wonky skin tone slider get in your way of even being able to attempt something close, that's not good.

and it doesn't have to be trying to recreate yourself. a lot of people like to recreate celebrities or other fictional characters. and that's going to be much harder to do with MEA's current CC.

why bother including a CC at all if you don't allow the user to create characters how they want them to be?

why not just have a set protag like Witcher or whatever?

or be like Diablo where you can choose the gender and class and that's it.

just don't include a half-a****, water downed version of a CC that's a step backwards from your prior game.

Last edited:
Holy bad place, the reviews coming in for this game's first few hours, which launched today, are awful. Apparently the voice acting, dialogue, and characters are about as sophisticated as a PS1 game and the worlds and alien designs are generic and empty. Further, it sounds like Bioware doubled down on the mistakes they made in Inquisition.

I was worried this may happen. After Skyrim, Bioware developers kept talking about how they wanted to work on the scale of a Bethesda game. Then Inquisition dropped and it turned out to be a solid, albeit uninspiring, 15 hour RPG, locked away by mandatory 100 hours of bad MMORPG fetch quests that had to be completed to access the good parts. Sounds like Andromeda is no different.

Such a total bummer.

Usually, I'm either not interested at all...or too interested. Default male Shep was my Shepard for the entire trilogy. With the Dragon Age games, I wind up spending a little over an hour (I know, I know...) creating my player. In the Witcher, I pretty much kept Geralt with the same ponytail and clean shaven look. In the MLB The Show games, with my RTTS character, I spend way too much time creating my guy. With Bethesda, I spend alot of time even though I pretty much play in First-person.

I think if I'm given a preset I like, then I just won't mess with it. If not, then I start messing around with it. It depends on what I'm given, really.

I'm eager to see for myself. I haven't gotten a new game on release in a while, and I've liked enough Bioware games in the past to jump into this. Hopefully, it's not a step back. But, I'll find out soon. Hopefully the Character creation isn't so bad.

Last edited:
Oh, by the way, if you have EA Access the game trial is up now on Xbox Live. It's about 45 gigs.

Holy bad place, the reviews coming in for this game's first few hours, which launched today, are awful. Apparently the voice acting, dialogue, and characters are about as sophisticated as a PS1 game and the worlds and alien designs are generic and empty. Further, it sounds like Bioware doubled down on the mistakes they made in Inquisition.

I was worried this may happen. After Skyrim, Bioware developers kept talking about how they wanted to work on the scale of a Bethesda game. Then Inquisition dropped and it turned out to be a solid, albeit uninspiring, 15 hour RPG, locked away by mandatory 100 hours of bad MMORPG fetch quests that had to be completed to access the good parts. Sounds like Andromeda is no different.

Such a total bummer.
Can you point me into the direction of where you are getting this from? Is it one review?

Oh, by the way, if you have EA Access the game trial is up now on Xbox Live. It's about 45 gigs.

hopefully this means more people will post their created characters online so we can get a better idea of just how limited the CC really is.

maybe Bioware knows what they are doing and there's a method to the madness, so to speak.

I hope I'm proven wrong cuz so far what I've seen isn't exactly encouraging for female creations.

watched those character creator vids and read about it online.

and wow! it looks like this CC will be even more limited than before. :(

apparently, you can't actually change the nose/mouth/eye style from the presets. you can use sliders to adjust the size/height, but you can't actually change the shape.

WTH??!!!
sorry I'm late and I was stuck with alot odf shoveling dure to alot of snow where I'm at.

here's the thing alot of dev studio when they put out these demo's they stated when it happened with deus eX human revolution and another game kingdom of amlure when fans had issue with something not being complete to them.

this may be the case with the creation system with this game they are on a new engine and the demo's aren't always representative of what in the final product of the game . But if your still worried just wait for reviews .

this is all I'll say on this .

sorry I'm late and I was stuck with alot odf shoveling dure to alot of snow where I'm at.

here's the thing alot of dev studio when they put out these demo's they stated when it happened with deus eX human revolution and another game kingdom of amlure when fans had issue with something not being complete to them.

this may be the case with the creation system with this game they are on a new engine and the demo's aren't always representative of what in the final product of the game . But if your still worried just wait for reviews .

this is all I'll say on this .

Normally, the EA Access trials are the full games but with a countdown. I haven't played the trial for ME:A, but it sounds like it might be the same deal here.

I'm hearing some positive stuff though. I hear it's very Star Trek-y. That's something I'm hoping for.

Normally, the EA Access trials are the full games but with a countdown. I haven't played the trial for ME:A, but it sounds like it might be the same deal here.

I'm hearing some positive stuff though. I hear it's very Star Trek-y. That's something I'm hoping for.
yeah it'll be fine and what ever they couldn't do now for this one there's always the sequal to this and there's still another mass effect ip installment besides this ones that was in production at the same time which was announced from the jump.

oh sly nation finally got to that video he promised

20:33

[YT]GKV6973DRHE[/YT]
Mass Effect Andromeda | Multiplayer Breakdown

4,929 views7 hours ago

Published on 15 Mar 2017
Nation! Check out my latest breakdown! This time of ME: Andromeda Multiplayer. This is all the information I have collected over the past week or so. I added that with what we could see on the latest Mass Effect: Gameplay Series Trailer (Part 4- Multiplayer) and created one large breakdown of everything we know so far. Enjoy!

also with

Multiplayer: What to Expect and Why it Matters

Posted Mar 15, 2017 Mass Effect: Andromeda | Columns | 16 Comments

There's been a trend over the past decade or so to pad the value of story-driven games out with tacked-on multiplayer and to tack on story-driven single player campaigns to games that are largely known for their multiplayer (ex. Battlefield). So, when Mass Effect 3 launched with a multiplayer component in back in 2012, I asked myself a familiar question: Why? Read more

lastly all from the same place

AMD’s Mass Effect: Andromeda drivers go live tonight, promise a 12% performance boost

https://www.pcgamesn.com/mass-effect-andromeda/mass-effect-andromeda-graphics-drivers
Mass%20Effect%20Andromeda%20jetpack.jpg
11 hours ago

Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.3.2 is going live tonight for AMD GPU owners. The new drivers will give a boost to Mass Effect:...Read more

Mass Effect: Andromeda Origin Access trial start times

11 hours ago
Comments 2

Update: It turns out the times we reported below were bang on and the trial is available to download now.
The only thing standing between you and...Read more

source:Sly Nation ,
MMORPG.com & PCGN

Last edited:
Can you point me into the direction of where you are getting this from? Is it one review?

Link

I'm afraid not. Here is a Forbes article that compiles several early reviews (links within the article). They range from mediocre to total ****. Nothing outright positive. In fact, the only thing that seems to be getting praised is the combat, which is apparently a considerable improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"