The Official Mass Effect Thread - Part 2

Originally Posted by Matt
I may be misunderstanding you, but I hate this narrative. Bioware played that same card during the ME3 launch, with devs boo hooing on Twitter and social media about how unfair the fans were being and even threatened to close down their message boards.

oh boy you are misunderstanding. but it happen's alot and I seem to have you mad going into rant mode .

which is under standable . Look if it was like what happened with pete M with the fable series or what Casey Hudson did where they over promised things and I did put of most the detail's for that and I was very disappointed and showed it with out loosing my mind, telling/sending death threats to the people of bio ware or making any of the women worker's shut off their own personal twitters like what happened with star citizen which that they went to the lady community manger to do that with her and they didn't do anything as over promise,

Yet. they went attacked her for stuff which I put up an article for that thread about it. in it's own thread . all I said was it reminded of what went down with another ip with some thing other dev's that didn't do what was done with bioware with ME3.

but people came and were doing death threats and were just nasty there a difference and they seem to not care who it is .

right now it just facial animations where bioware is involved which can and still can be easily fixed this isn't game breaking where the game is unplayable.

And unlike that thing where casey Hudson said all you chose's matter and will lead to multiple different ending's which they couldn't deliver this is a different animal and shouldn't be the world is ending and you stole my money and I want your life threat's for it.

yes there's a/are time where complaint's are valid and there are times where in this thing don't need to go to this level yet . and freaking hate dog piler's and there people taking advantage event like these .

with troll junk and yes I have been the victim of the corporate troll via a company. yes the video game side where they aren't listening to constructive complaints and the people I was doing that which were gaming buddie's and were on voice chat in thing like ventrillo and watching the event take place inwrriten form on their for . that pr person just ignoring what should been taken as advice and real concern .

unlike those that come and don't have any thing good to say other then to attack them.

I do feel where your coming from, though, get me. I do. but this thing like what was done at gamer gate and what done to this lady from star citizen for example below among the stuff I said

on page 3 of the Star Citizen - Space Sim MMO from Chris Roberts

Too many jerks that like Harass people have to much time on their hands .

Star Citizen’s Sandi Gardiner vacates social media over harassment

August 11, 2016 129 Comments

Cloud Imperium VP of Marketing Sandi Gardiner, best known to gamers for her role as one of Star Citizen’s most recognizable faces thanks to her stewardship of the long-running Around the Verse series (not to mention her marriage to Chris Roberts), told fans this afternoon that she was taking what appears to be a temporary leave of absence from social media as a result of an ongoing harassment campaign organized against her.
Quote:
uz1-zimq_normal.jpg

Sandi Gardiner @SandiGardiner
Due to ongoing online targeted harassment, I am taking a break from social media
2:29 PM - 11 Aug 2016

Star Citizen fans and pretty much all other decent human beings have rallied behind her on Reddit and Twitter.
Read more

Also with
STAR CITIZEN’S AROUND THE VERSE ON THE LIVES OF DYNAMIC NPCS

August 12, 2016 44 Comments

This week’s episode of Star Citizen’s Around the Verse kicks off with a check-in from the Austin team, specifically PR, animation, and QA. The star of the show is the behind-the-scenes segment on NPCs, however. The first NPCs will enter the game in late 2016 with the 2.7 update, gradually expanding to include hireable crew and merc NPCs.

“The initial set of characters will consist of things like shop keepers, store patrons, maintenance workers, entertainers, tourists and vagrants and they’ll be found predominantly in the larger landing zones,” explains CIG’s Tony Zurovec.
“The longer term objective is to inject as much as dynamism as possible into areas that will be populated with NPCs – one of the ways by which we mean to do this is via the addition of dynamically constructed daily schedules to the NPC population.” For example, at night, you’ll see fewer NPCs, and more of them entertainers, drunks, and criminals. So definitely always land at night.
Quote:
“Ultimately what we want is for the various landing zones to feel like living, breathing environments and not static portraits.”

READ MORE

source:Massivelyop.com/

the stuff I mean is too far on ourside and there stuff up there can get certain in jail now with these action and they don't realize these especially they use the death threats and other stuff people like doing. oh I also mentioned there are people that come that don't even care about the games at all they just like coming to these things to attack people.

which I found out via little diggng during the marvel heroes thing and saw it in other places. now please under stand I know what happen here and what's happened with the company side with bioware end and that doesn't mean I always support the company or that action. there alot I'm against with comapanies and I was against what bio did back then and it was there in the ME3 thread and was there with the hello games thread with No man's sky too. and I nearly got mistaken there too .

but I was never in support of shadyness by a company. You as company promis something you can't deliver, you should be held accountable. cause basically lied .

I've always said that . especially recently . . but being overly nasty, it ain't gonna help anything on our side ether.

And this isn't the same deal here. not yet any ways.

Last edited:
When the doctors still owned the company they would NEVER ship an unfinished game. I guess that's why the left around ME3.
I want to say I really like Bioware's games for the most part. I complain a lot, but I enjoy the majority quite a bit. But there is a rather rose tinted aspect to a lot of them imo. Like we forgot the faults because we enjoy them so much.

I thought it was rather interesting how honest people were being about KOTOR on the Gamespot show this week. It is a great bit of nostalgia, but it doesn't really hold up well, at all.

While I probably do prefer Mass Effect for narrative reasons, playing through the first two again, it is easy to see why Mass Effect 2 is probably their best game, even with stuff like the mining for minerals which are just there to extend the game. It is a collection of mostly really good characters, the combat is decent, probably their best outside of ME3, and because there is no overall overarching narrative to really contend with. The mission structure and even hub structures allows for a much more streamline experience.

I want to say I really like Bioware's games for the most part. I complain a lot, but I enjoy the majority quite a bit. But there is a rather rose tinted aspect to a lot of them imo. Like we forgot the faults because we enjoy them so much.

I thought it was rather interesting how honest people were being about KOTOR on the Gamespot show this week. It is a great bit of nostalgia, but it doesn't really hold up well, at all.

While I probably do prefer Mass Effect for narrative reasons, playing through the first two again, it is easy to see why Mass Effect 2 is probably their best game, even with stuff like the mining for minerals which are just there to extend the game. It is a collection of mostly really good characters, the combat is decent, probably their best outside of ME3, and because there is no overall overarching narrative to really contend with. The mission structure and even hub structures allows for a much more streamline experience.

I don't know. I replayed Kotor last year and it held up pretty well. I played Jade Empire 2 years ago and that held up well enough. Obviously you gotta take them for what they are, but for their time they were revolutionary.

You can't compare a game from 15 years ago to todays standards. But you can hold a game from this year to today's standards and that's where BioWare has failed.

Bethesda got away with it just barely in FO4 because as a development studio they've quietly been setting the standard for what RPGs should be. But even they realized it's time to up their game and that's why they've been extra quiet on the Elder Scrolls 6 front. Rumor has it they built a new engine.

The truth is that new companies like CDPR have taken the industry by storm. Some of the old guard are adapting well enough while staying true to themselves (BGS) while others have been sinking (BioWare).

I think a great comparison for that is that Bioware is like JJ Abrams. Their games are so fun and engrossing with engaging characters that you forget the faults, but when you step back and think about them, there are a lot of faults.

Losing Drew Karpyshyn a huge blow for them in terms of writing and characterization. Then you lost the Doctors and Casey Hudson. The real Bioware ended around Mass Effect 3. It's not the same studio anymore.

No, it's not the same studio. I think there's alot of people who don't really know that. But, I enjoyed DAI. I had my enjoyments, and major issues as well, with DA2...and still have fond things to say about that.

So, I think I'm probably going to end up liking MEA. If I don't, that'll just put them on an uphill battle with me on whatever next release they have.

I think whenever online harassment happens, it's always going to draw attention. I think we're used to that happening on the internet,and we shouldn't be okay with that. It's normalized. Matt's right. That **** happens everywhere, over everything. That's a very bad thing. It's even crazier when it's directed at people who have nothing to do with whatever is happening, like it did with the complaints over the animation. And it's even stranger when you can say that nobody's had their money "stolen". The game hasn't come out yet. So, people can still cancel their pre-orders.

If Bioware has weaponized it, then it's only because the people who do that stuff have allowed them to. I don't know if I'd compare Bioware to Donald Trump, either. But...I guess I can see where Matt was going with that.

Last edited:
It's still no excuse. You can't make a game to release in 2017 and have it look like it could have been released 10 years earlier in any single aspect.

not just in terms of looks but features, too.

look at the CC. they've taken steps back from their own prior game, DAI, which came out 3 years ago. Indeed, MEA's CC lacks features that the original ME trilogy CC had.

a poster on another board commented how you'd expect a limited CC in, say, 2006 or 2007. not 2017.

It is pretty shocking to hear that something like the CC, has take steps back...and not forward.

There's new things they should be adding. Things like giving us previews of what our characters will look like under different lighting, for example. There's been times in previous Bioware games (or Bethesda, too, to be fair) where my character looks completely different under different lighting, or just different when occupying an actual space rather than the CC settings, only to have me scrap it and go back to the drawing board to try and approximate some stuff that may account for the different lighting we'll get in game.

That's just an example that I think would have made alot of people giddy, and I don't think would have been to labor intensive to make happen. I don't think it would have been, atleast. Sure, maybe they're limited with the systems and engine (which is weak argument nonetheless) but that doesn't mean they can't give us more tools to mess around with.

Same thing with taking away our ability to control squad powers. What's up with that?

There are much much bigger problems with this game than the damn CC limitations. *****ing about the CC limitations of this game is like *****ing about the wallpaper in a condemned rickety house.

Last edited:
^ I disagree somewhat, Marvolo. I'd say CC is a big draw of Bioware games. it's one aspect that sets them apart from other RPG makers. the chance to create your own character, then define your character through dialogue and action, instead of being forced into a set protag with a set personality.

so for many fans, myself included, the CC is a vitally important aspect. What good is the rest of the game if you feel hampered and limited right out of the gate in creating the character you want?

I'm not saying the other aspects aren't important - they are. But so is the CC.

but yeah, if CC has problems, as does story, characters, animations, etc., then the whole house is shaky.

hopefully, this game doesn't turn out to be so bad. guess we'll find out in a few days.

Fair point about the CC. It'd be like Bethesda making a small map with copypasta dungeons. There are certain lines you don't cross. When the only thing you're praising in a BioWare game is the combat (which itself isn't revolutionary or anything) then there's a yuuuuge problem.

I always found the CC the butt of a lot of Bioware jokes. Like a lot of people enjoy it, but they also know it has always been kind of crap.

Fair point about the CC. It'd be like Bethesda making a small map with copypasta dungeons. There are certain lines you don't cross. When the only thing you're praising in a BioWare game is the combat (which itself isn't revolutionary or anything) then there's a yuuuuge problem.

yeah. when I think of Bethesda RPGs, I think open world. the freedom to go where you want, do what you want, be who you want. That freedom also includes creating your own character. So, for me, a new Fallout or Skyrim wouldn't feel right without a CC or a very limited one. It also wouldn't feel like a Beth RPG if the world wasn't an open-world sandbox.

the difference between Beth games and Bioware games, for me, is that Bioware places more emphasis on story and characters and companions/romances.

so if a Bioware has crap story, crap characters, crap companions, AND crap CC, then that's an epic fail........lol.

I always found the CC the butt of a lot of Bioware jokes. Like a lot of people enjoy it, but they also know it has always been kind of crap.

there's always going to be frustrations and limitations when trying to create your character.

but that's why, I think, there's an expectation that as the years and games go by, the system should be improving. We expect progress, not regress.

I never cared about the CC in RPGs i only Cares for the next three

1- Can I choose what my character says

2- Can I choose what my character do

3- Can I choose who my character do :woot:

There are much much bigger problems with this game than the damn CC limitations. *****ing about the CC limitations of this game is like *****ing about the wallpaper in a condemned rickety house.

the character creator was arguably one of the selling points of the OG trilogy. there was kind of an uproar during Me3's launch because people had trouble transferring their character created code from Me2 to Me3

Last edited:
there's always going to be frustrations and limitations when trying to create your character.

but that's why, I think, there's an expectation that as the years and games go by, the system should be improving. We expect progress, not regress.
I don't disagree at all.

the character creator was arguably one of the selling points of the OG trilogy. there was kind of an uproar during Me3's launch because people had trouble transferring there character created code from Me2 to Me3
Which is funny, because they never looked nearly as good as the default Shepard. The skin always looked weird.

That last one from 3? Because that is some good work Baneful. :up:

No, it's not the same studio. I think there's alot of people who don't really know that. But, I enjoyed DAI. I had my enjoyments, and major issues as well, with DA2...and still have fond things to say about that.

So, I think I'm probably going to end up liking MEA. If I don't, that'll just put them on an uphill battle with me on whatever next release they have.

I think whenever online harassment happens, it's always going to draw attention. I think we're used to that happening on the internet,and we shouldn't be okay with that. It's normalized. Matt's right. That **** happens everywhere, over everything. That's a very bad thing. It's even crazier when it's directed at people who have nothing to do with whatever is happening, like it did with the complaints over the animation. And it's even stranger when you can say that nobody's had their money "stolen". The game hasn't come out yet. So, people can still cancel their pre-orders.

hmm I'm not sure what happened here, but I was sure most that was what I said before showing the star citizen simlaritys showing it's happening every where. but ok no problem matt can have it. me pointing this out will likely just lead to trouble with someone else saying "who cares who said it " cause can't be me and I'd be better off doing what did in my early to mid 20's, when I was at bar's and the clubbing mostly drinking when I had bad week.

can't do that now, it's the start of the work week. lol and I'm 38, I'd just look like someone that become depressed old drunk these days . then again most people can't tell how old I'm since I weirdly look younger. so I should be thankful for that.

ok I'm gonna look stuff up and move on

I do agree with blue lantern tha bio is very different from when the Bioware doctors were there and since they've alot has changed kind a the same way Capcom changed when most ob the talented people were on the japan side of it and since then that place hasn't been the same and they struggling to find the right direction with certain ip and over all .

and I do agree with X knight that character creator is important for what bio ware original started in that the point of that originally was to make your Protagonist being Shepard or any character fallow as the main lead should be the plays own it extended the role play aspect especially with what they were supposedly originally pushing with the multiple paths with the chose you too and the multiple ending's.

which didn't turn out to be true in the end. un like other former RPG's which seem only certain place's like japan companies that do visual novels only fallow this pattern for the time being
while north america has picked up that thing where visual novel go it's still in a lite tone compared like what tell tales doing. but it's good start the multiple rout's and ending are involved .

but the point is to make the character your own. so I know what X knight means. there nothing wrong with wanting better way to have him/ her (the protagonist of the game you play as ) be your own creation in looks as well in chose.

Last edited:
What time does the embargo go down? Midnight?

What time does the embargo go down? Midnight?
yes it's usually mid night and some of the reviewers have most of their articles ready by 11 pm eastern time . point is most of them will bring out their reviews this week. after most of t he really good ones have made significantly far in all aspects(like seeing each mode) of the game

I actually really liked the one in Inquisition. Having the x and y axis instead of sliders felt like a leap forward. The ones in the ME trilogy have always been pretty rough, though. You have to really work it to make a good looking character.

yes it's usually mid night and some of the reviewers have most of their articles ready by 11 pm eastern time . point is most of them will bring out their reviews this week. after most of t he really good ones have made significantly far in all aspects(like seeing each mode) of the game
Thank you zenith. :yay: :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"