X-Men The Official MCU X-Men News and Discussion Thread

F4 is not one of their biggest IPs. And to be frank, neither is the X-men. Avengers is their money IP.
tumblr_o25x68AxCV1tyub33o2_500.gif

With that timeline, I really don't see Marvel Studios' X-Men being released in 2026. While 2027 sounds a bit too optimistic for me as well.

In hindsight, they really should have ditched Thunderbolts*, Eternals and this upcoming Captain America movie without Steve Rogers. Instead started developing X-Men and the Fantastic 4 and other films like Captain Marvel 2 much earlier.

I really hope they learned something from the last four years and their missteps won't continue on Fantastic 4/X-Men. Its weird how those two are being discussed as "big ips" in this thread, when the last film for those two ips, completely flopped at the box office. The success of those reboots would be achievable if they get everything right which I'm doubtful with Marvel's current workload...
2027? Lord I hope not. I'm old and could be croaked by then. :(

And even from the comics side, that is a BIG if on the FF. They can barely maintain an ongoing title.
Right, and F4 is a rung lower regardless, but I don't think current performance is the be all end all of being a big comics IP. Ms Marvel had great success with her debut series but decades of history are important too along with structural importance in the Marvel universe which drags them a level higher than their current comics popularity. But with any of these properties a film needs to be able to take full advantage of as many elements of the unique appeal of the property it's translating and X-Men, F4 and modern Superman haven't had that to date, while some Spidey/Bats/Avengers films have. It's not an easy thing to do but we live in hope.

2027? Lord I hope not. I'm old and could be croaked by then. :(
Before, i was expecting 2030, the furthest. Though I still don't see how they could introduce the reboot version of the X-Men, while also featuring the Fox-Men cast in several Mcu movies and Secret Wars. I bet there would be another cameo next year to further tease Secret Wars. Also sky is the limit when it comes to the cameos galore in Deadpool & Wolverine next month, which should give us more ideas who would show up in Secret Wars. Halle Berry, Famke Jannsen, James Marsden, Channing Tatum, Ian McKellen, Rebecca Romijn who are all rumoured to appear.

I really think they need to save the reboot, post The Multiverse Saga, because it is the remaining major ip of Marvel that have yet to get a feature film.

I think for the next 4years, it should be like this:
2025: Sam Wilson, Thunderbolts*, Fantastic 4
2026: Avengers, Shang-Chi, Spider-Man
2027: Dr. Strange, Avengers, Black Panther
2028: X-Men, Fantastic 4

This made me check which ips are getting their own Marvel comic books in August 2024.

https://www.gamesradar.com/comics/marvel-comics/marvel-comics-august-2024-solicitations-covers/

Avengers
Black Panther
Captain America
Daredevil
Deadpool
Dr. Strange
Fantastic 4
Ghost Rider
Hulk
Moon Knight
Namor
Nick Fury
Phoenix
Scarlet Witch
Spider-Man
Spider-Woman
Star Wars
Thor
Venom
Wolverine
X-Factor
X-Force
X-Men

Tons of X-Men and Spider-Man comic book titles. No Ant-Man, Iron Man, Guardians, Eternals, Captain Marvel and Shang-Chi. Though I think some of those are appearing in Avengers. Ms. Marvel will be in a X-Men series by that month as well.

Sith, humor me for 2 minutes.

If you were given full creative control of MCU X-Men, who would you select for the roster?

Had to come back to this, because I initially read the question wrong.

It is a complicated question. Frankly, the villain is an easier question, as the villains sort of helps to define the story. How does the action of their powers line up for the final battle. How does each character work with the main plot.

There are characters I like, but after reading Krakoa, I am willing to be sold on any X character. Toss in a random c list X character, see if the audiences love them.

97 is a good mix that makes the most amount of people happy. Of course it’s not going to make everyone happy but to do that you would need a roster of like eighty people.

So yeah expected

There is that creative ingenuity that gave us Assassin's Creed.

It makes sense that they would lean into a team that alot of normies know , and go with well known to normies characters like Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm , Beast, etc.

They could always sprinkle in lesser known to the GA characters to build them up, but I'm skeptical they'll go with a team full of lesser known to the GA characters.

They want to start out with their big guns out of the gate, as opposed to relying on less popular characters, and working the way up to more popular characters.

I don't think the villain will be Magneto though, in that sense they won't be predictable.

It makes sense that they would lean into a team that alot of normies know , and go with well known to normies characters like Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm , Beast, etc.

They could always sprinkle in lesser known to the GA characters to build them up, but I'm skeptical they'll go with a team full of lesser known to the GA characters.

They want to start out with their big guns out of the gate, as opposed to relying on less popular characters, and working the way up to more popular characters.

I don't think the villain will be Magneto though, in that sense they won't be predictable.

If 97 is the inspiration then I definitely see them using Sinister as the first antagonist.

Wouldn't be my choice, but we'll see.

It comes off as a cynical pitch. A pitch from someone who isn't a fan or even knowledgeable of the franchise. A pitch designed to appeal to upper managements need for a commercial success. That he doesn't have his own ideal team, that is easy to come up with. There are so many combinations you can make with easily 20 top name X-men. And once again, the "commercial appeal" goal of Feige and Iger is anethma to the X franchise. They are going to sell white washed, white approved "I have a dream" MLK, and not reality "Riots are the voice of the unheard" MLK.

And nevermind I don't trust a white cishet man to see just how so much anti-trans speech is right out of the X books.

But hey, at least me straight white guy whose favorite character is Kitty red flag is cleared.

If the X-Men TAS roster was that boring it wouldnt have been such a huge and popular show back in the day and people wouldnt have loved X-Men '97 either.

So yeah....... it would be a smart move on Marvel Studios part, if they actually end using the TAS roster on the live action reboot (third big screen X-Men version, by the way. Crazy)

No one said TAS was boring. The roster for the MCU film is aboring choice since they are literally over 90 X-Men in the comics and that writer (if true) didn't decide to mix it up like as if he has only seen the cartoons and didn't think of switching things up a bit for the MCU.... And why are we getting a new version of The Wolverine right away when he is literally headlining another movie this year?

Also, we've had Cyclops, Jean, Beast and Storm (and Nightcrawler) in Dark Phoenix, the last actual X-Men movie.

Gambit, Jubilee and Rogue are good choices. I have my doubts that Bishop is included since he was barely in that show compare to the others.

Them literally taking the same roster from X-Men '97 is boring as it doesn't really offer anything different from that cartoon, roster wise. Imagine if all the cartoons (Evolution, WATX, Anime) after TAS just featured the same roster as TAS...

The key here is this:
- Most people from the general audience didnt watch Dark Phoenix, so I'd leave that movie out.

- And a similar thing can be said about X-Men 97, since we all know not everyone watch animated marvel cartoons (as awesome as XMen 97 is). And we can also add that Storm and Beast (and basically all the other supporting x-men) were nowhere near as faithful/great as their comic counterparts in all the x-men prequels.

So taking all this into account, doing the TAS roster doesnt sound as bad as an idea, right? The whole world basically hasnt seen these "overused" characters on the big screen as they really are. At all. Cyclops, Storm, Rogue, Beast, Gambit were heavinly underused/wasted in the 7 Fox movies. So..... what about actually showing their full potential from the very first Marvel Studios movie? the results can be huge, boxoffice wise.

I have a question for the court. In 2024, would jubilee still meet rogue, storm and jean at the shopping centre? It’s a bit dated now. What’s the modern equivalent?

Jubilee meets them while doing a TikTok video?

It would surprise me if they stayed true to the origin story or how certain members joined the X-Men.

If I were to update Jubilee's story of how she met the X-Men. The X-Women meeting Jubilee at Dazzler's concert in Sofi Stadium would be my idea.

That’s kind of cute. It would be a great way to add that Taylor swift as dazzler cameo since everyone was so normal about that.

I like the idea of the x-men as looking like glam weirdos. Like they’re not the avengers. Imagine what would happen if people stepped out of studio 54 and into rural mid west America. That’s sort of the vibe I want when jubilee first sees the x-men.

That’s kind of cute. It would be a great way to add that Taylor swift as dazzler cameo since everyone was so normal about that.

I like the idea of the x-men as looking like glam weirdos. Like they’re not the avengers. Imagine what would happen if people stepped out of studio 54 and into rural mid west America. That’s sort of the vibe I want when jubilee first sees the x-men.
1719310534429.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"