The Official Metal Gear Movie Thread

Kojima needs to hold a very tight leash (and I suspect he will). I think he's smart, experienced and fanboy enough to see how Hollywood has treated almost every video game adaptation, and that he won't leave control to someone like Avi f**king Arad.

They did tell Paul Anderson (the resident evil one) that they'd rather not make a film than have him dilute the franchise.

Good, that's a good sign. Now to take out the cyborg-Kojima who made a deal with Avi and replace him with the real one!

Cyborg Kojima is neither enemy nor friend.

I did like his list of people he would like to see involved. Excellent taste Mr.Kojima!

As long as they pull back on the "explain every single thing in the story through long winded exposition" aspect that the games have, then I'll be very interested.

I guess there's a reason why Kojima wants Nolan.:oldrazz:

Holy ****! It's happening! :wow:

I should really pull out my Nolan-ized casting for MGS. It's buried somewhere in the Batboards.

I remember it Doomsday, it was glorious!

Until there's a script, a director and a planned release date, I'm a little wary. Just like how it was exciting to hear about the Assassians Creed film but...there's nada on that project besides Michael Fassbender.

Speaking of Fassbender, I wouldn't mind seeing him as Snake.

I'd be happy with Fassbender, Bale and Jackman as Snake.

I wonder if they'll use David Hayter's script...

I can easily see The Fass here:
SolidSnake4Top10s.jpg

What I like about the Metal Gear series is how...it has these over-the-top, sci-fi/fantasy characters set in the real world. A world that doesn't know that these people exist.

I remember it Doomsday, it was glorious!

Did it feature Marion as Mei Ling?

It was modeled after MGS4. I don't have the link with the pics (perhaps kvz5 will find it later) but I got the list here:

Christian Bale as Solid Snake
Gary Oldman as Liquid/Revolver Ocelot
Marion Cotillard as Naomi
Cillian Murphy as Otacon
Tom Hardy as Raiden
Hugh Jackman as Vamp
Leonardo DiCaprio as Drebin
Rebecca Hall as Meryl
Joseph-Gordon Levitt as Johnny
Anne Hathaway as Rosemary
Michelle Pfeiffer as Big Mama/Eva
Guy Pearce as Big Boss
Liam Neeson as The General [Roy]
Ellen Page as Sunny
Jamie Chung as Mei Ling

We'll squeeze Michael Caine and Ken Watanabe in somehow.*

It was modeled after MGS4. I don't have the link with the pics (perhaps kvz5 will find it later) but I got the list here:

Christian Bale as Solid Snake
Gary Oldman as Liquid/Revolver Ocelot
Marion Cotillard as Naomi
Cillian Murphy as Otacon
Tom Hardy as Raiden
Hugh Jackman as Vamp
Leonardo DiCaprio as Drebin
Rebecca Hall as Meryl
Joseph-Gordon Levitt as Johnny
Anne Hathaway as Rosemary
Michelle Pfeiffer as Big Mama/Eva
Guy Pearce as Big Boss
Liam Neeson as The General [Roy]
Ellen Page as Sunny
Jamie Chung as Mei Ling

We'll squeeze Michael Caine and Ken Watanabe in somehow.*

Swap Liam Neeson and Guy Pearce and you've got my vote.

Tom Hardy as Raiden actually really makes me smile.

Of all the producers out there, it had to be Avi ****ing Arad.

:csad:

Of all the producers out there, it had to be Avi ****ing Arad.

:csad:
I think it might be okay since Kojima is a very hands-on person when it comes to projects, especially when the title has the letters, MGS. I can't see him letting a *****e like Arad make certain decisions.

I really can't think of anybody better for this than Nolan. I'm actually trying too, and non of my other favorite Directors make me think MGS more than Nolan. Bale or Fassbender would be great choices for Solid Snake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"