The Official Metal Gear Movie Thread

I honestly wanted him as Rico Rodriguez in a Just Cause movie.

fVYTnir.jpg

Interesting casting idea!

How about Dan Stevens for Snake?

f543ccec5a5dbb747d4d3c7491f8b6d6

I certainky wouldn’t be disappointed if Oscar got the role

I think this has the same likelihood as the Uncharted movie.

How about Alex Pettyfer for the Snakes?

alexpettyfer.jpg

Please, Lord Otaku.

Yeah hopefully it happens I am just skeptical they can make it work.

if anyone can make it work, it's Jordan Vogt-Roberts. I honestly don't care about anyone else in the director's seat on this one.

I still contend the best Metal Gear film we are ever likely to get is Winter Soldier.

It probably needs the same vibe as Skull Island almost, and a little Tarantino.

Hal Emmerich: "Call me Otacon. It's short for Otaku Convention."

Solid Snake:

b7e39630ce93c4a4a21b73f3d075996e.gif

I hope it's weird as ****. I also hope Vogt-Roberts goes for broke, because regardless of how good the movie is I'm inclined to think it'll be a one-and-done.

This, it NEEDS to be weird as **** for me or it ain’t Metal Gear

if anyone can make it work, it's Jordan Vogt-Roberts. I honestly don't care about anyone else in the director's seat on this one.

Not sure what's so special about him that he can be the one to make it work.

If nothing else, he's shown more passion and energy towards this project than any other director of a video game movie I've ever seen.

May not amount to anything, but his desire to make this movie is infectious.

Watch "Kong: Skull Island." He put so much madness into the movie and specific sequences, and directed the HELL out of the movie. He also used some tricks I've seen "video game cut scenes," and twisted them around to suit movies. Aside from that, he knows how to zig zag between different tones and make the characters, even if underwritten, come alive.

"Kong" might not have the most spectacular script, but dang, it's a showcase for Jordan Vogt-Roberts as director. The movie just oozes manic energy like I hadn't seen in a while.

His passion for the project helps, as well.

I loved the "Metal Gear Solid" videogames, but am mostly excited about a new Jordan Vogt-Roberts movie, and him taking on the material.

P.S.: His "Destiny 2" trailer was hilarious, as well. "Do it... FOR THE PUPPIIIIESS!!!!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"