The Official Metal Gear Movie Thread

I'm sick of people being sick of that.

LOL, yea, sometimes people get overcast I agree. But I do think he would be good as Liquid, after seeing him in Prometheus with blonde hair, it convinces me more.

He would definitely work as Liquid :up: He would tone down that dreadful accent at least lol

I would love to see either Bale or Jackman as Snake battling Fassbender as Liquid!!!

I think Bale and Jackman are too old to play Solid Snake. He's 33 in MGS and this film won't be made for a while yet.

It's my opinion and one that I actually just acknowledge as my own bias, because I want them to do MGS 3 first and I want Christian Bale to play Naked Snake, who is younger than what Solid is in MGS. :o

Also, in my fancast, I'd have trouble imagining Christian Bale/ Hugh Jackman as Henry Cavill's twin.

Last edited:
I would actually prefer them to do MGS 3 first. I think that's what Hideo would want.

But I know they'll go for something safer, and less wise.

I think MGS 3 could possibly be their safest option. Being the first instalment canonically it doesn't exactly have as many twists, as say, the first MGS not to mention 2 or 4.

I'd like them to do MGS 3 first then do MGS and MGS 2 back to back and then a 2-part MGS 4 to wrap up.

MGS3 is my favourite but if they did that first it could be awkward to gloss over MG1 and MG2 then go straight to MGS for the sequel.

Not from a narrative point of view. It really does start out the entire series. For film it would work the best, that or the original Metal Gear.

MGS3 is my favourite but if they did that first it could be awkward to gloss over MG1 and MG2 then go straight to MGS for the sequel.

Not really, I imagine most people didn't play MG 1 & 2 until Subsistence came out. I didn't. In fact, I would wager most people didn't even know there were games before MGS.

For the confines of a film universe, I would be fine with Outer Heaven and Zanzibar Land being combined and just a few contextual flashbacks.

It's for EVERYTHING though! lol

Batman
Bond
Snake
God

Though I could see him as Liquid...

Interestingly enough, this was Bale about 7 to 8 years ago and I remember one poster saying Bake was being suggested for every single role including Jesus and low and behold, he had already been cast as Jesus in a film about Mary haha!

Anyway! Am I the only person upset by this news?!? I didn't ever want a MG movie to be made because it'll never be done with the justice it deserves. Animated films or keep them as games is the way to go. This upsetting news for me.

If this was announced in 2005 or so I'd be going crazy over it. Now however I'll assumed the worst and hope for the best. No doubt there's always been great potential in a MGS movie but whether or not the studio decides to properly pull the trigger on it remains to be seen.

Interestingly enough, this was Bale about 7 to 8 years ago and I remember one poster saying Bake was being suggested for every single role including Jesus and low and behold, he had already been cast as Jesus in a film about Mary haha!

It happens to every 'hot actor of the moment'. They get suggested or offered every single lead part in Hollywood. It happened to Jude Law, Colin Farrell, Orlando Bloom, Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale, James Franco, Ryan Reynolds Channing Tatum, etc. and more recently to Ryan Gosling, Michael Fassbender and Tom Hardy.

Last edited:
Not really, I imagine most people didn't play MG 1 & 2 until Subsistence came out. I didn't. In fact, I would wager most people didn't even know there were games before MGS.

For the confines of a film universe, I would be fine with Outer Heaven and Zanzibar Land being combined and just a few contextual flashbacks.

My first was the original Metal Gear, played it back in 1991 with an older cousin like crazy.

Anyway! Am I the only person upset by this news?!? I didn't ever want a MG movie to be made because it'll never be done with the justice it deserves. Animated films or keep them as games is the way to go. This upsetting news for me.

Bold statement. With Kojima I don't think it impossible. Could it suck? Yes. But this is the one series of games that I think could make excellent films. I would never want a cartoon for it. To me MGS always reached in terms of aesthetics for realism. Not it's content of course, very sci fi, and over the top. But the look of the games always strives for realistic graphics and looks. I remember still to this day when they showed the demo of MGS2 at E3 2000, everyone's jaw was to the floor because at the time the graphics were some of the most realistic I had seen up to that point. So to me film fits MGS much better then animation.

I think that this is the one series that could be given great justice and the highest probability of being successful. Though it still will be an uphill battle, and still risky. But oh well, we always have the games. I have hope. I would love it to start out with Outer Haven and the original MG stuff.

A lot of fans were introduced to the games through MGS. Old school MG fans? I'm not aware of many of them around the web lol

It depends on what they go for story wise. To me, it would be more safer for them to set the movie within the modern setting, with Snake. It's easier for fans and the GA to swallow on first showing. But that is why I sense something dumbed down will happen. Because it took me a long time for the whole MGS franchise to sink in with me, and just imagine what things would do to less intelligent people out there? :p

But after TDKR, people have seemed to turn on him lol

Bold statement. With Kojima I don't think it impossible. Could it suck? Yes. But this is the one series of games that I think could make excellent films. I would never want a cartoon for it. To me MGS always reached in terms of aesthetics for realism. Not it's content of course, very sci fi, and over the top. But the look of the games always strives for realistic graphics and looks. I remember still to this day when they showed the demo of MGS2 at E3 2000, everyone's jaw was to the floor because at the time the graphics were some of the most realistic I had seen up to that point. So to me film fits MGS much better then animation.

I think that this is the one series that could be given great justice and the highest probability of being successful. Though it still will be an uphill battle, and still risky. But oh well, we always have the games. I have hope. I would love it to start out with Outer Haven and the original MG stuff.

I think MGS as a series is largely focused on story over gameplay content. The games themselves are only a couple hours long, so squeezing the several hours of story content into 2.5 hours will be a real challenge.

I can't see Nolan tied to another franchise. I think in the upcoming years, he is going to make a few runs at the academy. Alfonso Cuaron would be ideal.

I'd **** myself if they got Cuaron. But I don't see him working with someone like Arad.

I have no doubt Nolan couldn't pull this off.

But I would also look at Brad Bird as well.

And how about Stephen Lang as Ocelot? or even Big Boss?

There is only one Ocelot, and that is Gary Oldman.

Hmm, yes. I could see that.

And I'm expecting to see Christina Hendricks or Amy Adams as Meryl in the coming weeks of fan casting lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"