THe Official Metal Gear Solid Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
can totally appreciate that thought. I'm the same. One part of we would love to see a full flown flick, but the other part of me shudders at the horror of what it could be. Thats one of the reasons why I like Hayter's idea of a cgi movie - more freedom to do what they want; keeping with the style of the games (not to mention keeping him as snake's voice).

assuming they won't go with an original storyline, what game or pre-existing story would you want them to turn into a movie?

Speaking in terms of a trilogy...

1) Outer Heaven (establishes Snake and Foxhound's relationship. you could intersperse the narrative with moments of Snake Eater to get a better understanding of Big Boss)

2) Shadow Moses (brings Snake back into the fold - having to encounter ghosts of Outer Heaven, ending with his commitment to continue hunting down Metal Gears)

3) Guns of the Patriots (the end of Solid Snake)

These are the staple moments in Solid Snakes life. (Sons of Liberty was pretty inconsequential for Snake).

However, if they were to only make ONE MGS movie, I'd go for Outer Heaven, primarily because it is an often aulluded to, but never really seen/explained in the games (not counting the ones made in the 80s). Plus, it leaves it open for possible sequels if we were lucky for that to happen, since its really the begining of Snakes story as we know him.

100% fully agree with this post. :up:

Just so Avatar today and I guess my pick for Old Snake is:

Stephen Lang

stephenlang.th.jpg

i was actually thinking about how perfect of a vehicle Metal Gear Solid is for James Cameron to direct. it's sci fi, it has mechs, it deals with a war-torn soldier with lots of charisma, Snake looks like a James Cameron character (watch the future scene in Terminator with Kyle Reese running/driving from the machines), it has deep/multiple themes, and the women are strong/kickass women! MGS is basically a James Cameron video game, hehe.

That only means, once the project gets eventually off the ground, they won't be half assing it. Just look at Capcom with all their mediocre movies that they apparently don't have a problem with.

Wow, I'm so late to the game for casting a MGS movie (I wouldn't even call it that). Of course there's probably hundreds suggesting Bale as Snake(s) and Oldman as Ocelot. I concur. But, I think this is where mine starts to drift off a bit.

I would love to see perhaps Michael Fassbender as Ocelot, Gary Oldman as Campbell, Sharlto Copley as Otacon. In my opinion, besides Snake these are the most important characters in the series. Sharlto Copley conveys weak, confused, hopeless very well as seen in District 9, in The A-Team he was pretty much just bland.

I still support Christian Bale as Solid, Liquid, Solidus, Naked (Big Boss), even age enhanced with the latter two and I wouldn't even call the movie "Metal Gear Solid". I would make it an adaptation that follows that same spiritual nature of the game, I'd set up a trilogy: Metal Gear: Sons of Big Boss (MGS), Metal Gear: Sons of Liberty (MGS2), Metal Gear: Outer Haven (MGS4).

Trimming most of the fat from the games whilst still keeping that same essence. I'd love to see Chan-wook Park direct it too with some Hideo influences, unstable camera work, frantic action, et cetera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"