THe Official Metal Gear Solid Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
eric bana too *****. mortenson looks just like snake and has the voice. bana has brown eyes. snake doesn't. bana teh *****.

Viggo Mortenson isn't official...

...Kojima simply said he think he'd be a great Snake, but Kojima didn't even know Viggo's name. he called him 'that cool guy from Lord of the Rings'. he said he'd be a great Snake but he never said Mortenson's signed on or even in talks to play Snake.

I know, this isn't creative, but maybe an unknown is the best route to go with the Snake roles.

I mean, there HAS to be a good actor out there that looks alot like them, right?

chi-boy said:
eric bana too *****. mortenson looks just like snake and has the voice. bana has brown eyes. snake doesn't. bana teh *****.
how does it feel to be an idiot?

Boom said:
I know, this isn't creative, but maybe an unknown is the best route to go with the Snake roles.

I mean, there HAS to be a good actor out there that looks alot like them, right?

I was thinking the same thing. Snake's iconic like Superman, they need someone that nobody has any preconceived notions about.

Boom said:

going with unknowns is always ideal, but if Kojima struck a deal with one of the bigger named companies they'll probably want a name or at least a FACE that the general public is familiar with.

DorkyFresh said:
going with unknowns is always ideal, but if Kojima struck a deal with one of the bigger named companies they'll probably want a name or at least a FACE that the general public is familiar with.

so would the same person play solid snake and liquid?

with today's technology, i don't see why not. they did an awesome job duplicating Ewan McGregor in the Island.

but i'm not so sure Liquid will even be in the movie.....Kojima stated a while back that if he were to ever have a Metal Gear movie made, it'd be a totally original story but with Snake, of course.

I think that's the right way to go. As long as the key elements are there: snake, metal gear, and the anti-war/exploitation of soldiers message. The rest of it isn't nearly as nessecary. Although, I would like to see Meryl and Campbell, I'm sure if Kojima writes a new story with new characters, I'll enjoy it.

Sandman138 said:
I'm sure if Kojima writes a new story with new characters, I'll enjoy it.

Judging by the way you ***** about everything else, you'd only enjoy it if you wrote and directed it yourself. :) :up:

Well, I usually do nothing but praise the games and Kojima's stories. Hell, I defend Raiden and just about everything in MGS2 (brilliant story). So, yeah, Kojima could write a much better Metal Gear movie than me or anyone else.

PS: You're a jackass :):up:

DorkyFresh said:
with today's technology, i don't see why not. they did an awesome job duplicating Ewan McGregor in the Island.

but i'm not so sure Liquid will even be in the movie.....Kojima stated a while back that if he were to ever have a Metal Gear movie made, it'd be a totally original story but with Snake, of course.

untrue. in his latest interview, kojima hinted that if/when they make the Metal Gear movie, it'll be set in alaska. it's hard to get any more obvious than that.

Mr. Credible said:
untrue. in his latest interview, kojima hinted that if/when they make the Metal Gear movie, it'll be set in alaska. it's hard to get any more obvious than that.

ugh, i don't want to watch solid snake dog sledding. :mad:

I'm still not convinced Metal Gear Solid can work as a live action movie.

Silent Hill isn't really proof for me that these things can work as movies.

TheVileOne said:
I'm still not convinced Metal Gear Solid can work as a live action movie.

Silent Hill isn't really proof for me that these things can work as movies.

nah it can work. just picture bourne identity mixed with kill bill and a cartoon.

chi-boy said:
nah it can work. just picture bourne identity mixed with kill bill and a cartoon.
That's cute on paper and everything. That's not proof it can work to me.

Kill Bill didn't have giant live action mecha in it.

TheVileOne said:
Kill Bill didn't have giant live action mecha in it.

neither did your mom but i banged her anyway.

MGS has one giant mecha and it's logically explained. THe bigger thing to worry about is how they handle the stupid codenames and super powerful human bosses.

chi-boy said:
neither did your mom but i banged her anyway.

Try this again and I'll report you.

MGS has one giant mecha and it's logically explained. THe bigger thing to worry about is how they handle the stupid codenames and super powerful human bosses.

Same way Blade 2 handled them, bleh :p .

The Blood Pack is not unlike boss or signature characters from video games or anime.

TheVileOne said:
Try this again and I'll report you.

Awww, did I hurt your feelings? :)

Same way Blade 2 handled them, bleh :p .

The Blood Pack is not unlike boss or signature characters from video games or anime.

Oh, but you can't picture one giant bipedel superweapon that's explained logically in the game? I guess a giant ape climbing the empire state building, terminator 3, lord of the rings, x-men 3 - hell anything with special effects is beyond you. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"