The Official Metal Gear Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
But... you do rank MGS4 as the top soooo...

:p

MGS3 really is fantastic. The HD version is incredibly beautiful too.

But, MGS4 is top dog for me. It isn't just one thing, but everything about it. I think it being a Solid Snake joint is important for me, too.

But, I definitely get the love for MGS3. That game did stuff that other games still haven't attempted.

Right, be honest. ...has anybody actually cried or been close to tears when playing any of these games? :p

No. I cant recall any moments I found particularly sad.

Really?

Not when Meryl was shot?
Sniper Wolf?
The ending where Meryl dies?
EE dying?
Olga?
Naomi?
Big Boss?
The Boss?

Well I'm emotional, so... :hehe:

Really?

Not when Meryl was shot?
Sniper Wolf?
The ending where Meryl dies?
EE dying?
Olga?
Naomi?
Big Boss?
The Boss?

Well I'm emotional, so... :hehe:
Meryl, she lived so nothing to be sad there. I as Snake got shot up more times

Sniper Wolf not only tried to kill me twice in the game, she also shot Meryl (see above). I had no reason to feel sorry for her.

I didnt get that ending when I originally played but its non-canon anyway

EE was annoying. Id have killed her in the water segments if it didnt cause a gameover.

Olga was a soldier; she knew what she was getting into. I as Snake had no personal investment in her so there was little reason to get broken up over it.

Naomi gave Snake the Foxdie virus and I never trusted her. She's someone I wanted dead since MGS1

When Big Boss dies, he is a crazed evil lunatic out to murder you. Why would I get emotional over him pretty much forcing you to kill him for your own survival?

The Boss, like Olga, knew what she was getting into. I was more upset over her dying as a traitor in the eyes of everyone than her actually dying. Her death was well done and its what she wanted.

The only time I've ever cried over Metal Gear Solid was before, during, and after Snake and Otacon's handshake and bro-hug.

I'd throw the word "epic" around but that would just be an insult to one of the greatest moments in the history of the earth.

Last edited:
I haven't "cried", but I teared up some at the end of MGS4.

Came close to tears, yes :)

I get why Hideo doesn't really agree with a movie. It doesn't allow all the emotional depth of the games.

I think everyone thus far has misspelled "Metal Gear Acid 2 is definitely the best."

I forget those games even exist.

I think I even beat the original twice.

Haha, they were kind of fun. Very odd mix-up, but solid enough. Never owned a PSP, just played them on a friends, never got to finish either.

I was very close to crying when Big Boss hugs Snake and then the "This is good, isn't it?" scene and when the cigar drops. :'(

The only moments I teared up were:

MGS3 - The ending, such a damn good ending, with EVA explaining about The Boss and then finally when Big Boss salutes her unmarked grave. Probably my most favorite scene in all the games.

MGS4 - Snake going through the microwave tunnel, until you had to press the X button way too much, then that quickly dissipated lol

MGS2 - Otacon with Emma's parrot saying "Hal, I miss you" after Emma died.

I might've cried at the end of MGS4 if everything that preceded it hadn't been the ramblings of a mad man.

MGS4 was emotional. The hall of microwaves was pretty sad. But I think what really got me was when Otacon cried at Meryl's wedding when Sunny asked about Snake, and said that Snake has had a difficult life. Just kinda of the reflection on all the pain and how unfair things seemed towards him (having a father that never wanted him, a twin brother that hated and tried killing him, the advanced aging, etc.)

I did find solace in how his story ended, though. His life ending in peace rather than in violence, that was much better I think.

That damned microwave hallway had me ruined. The soundtrack, coupled with all the various scenes of your allies getting their asses handed to them showed how much was on the line and how it was all on Snake's dying shoulders. It was tough :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"