The Official Metal Gear Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zenien said:
IT'S CALLED ATMOSPHERE!!!! I really like the methodical pacing of this trailer, it's definately emulating a 'western' in how it holds character shots and takes its time. I really like it, it's actually one of my most re-watchable Metal Gear trailers. I'll sit back and just watch it from start to finish for no othr reason but to watch the mini storycontained within.

IT IS AWESOMENESS CUBED :mad:
Atmosphere is more in art direction/cinematography than it is in having prolonged cuts of Snake sitting on a box.

Then we get to see Kojima's attempt to make Raiden cool, a fifteen minute clip of Raiden dancing around the walking robots until they all die. It's going to take a lot of strong writing and pretention (that the fans will no doubt eat up) to bring Raiden back from "suckiest character ever".

WhatsHisFace said:
Atmosphere is more in art direction/cinematography than it is in having prolonged cuts of Snake sitting on a box.

Then we get to see Kojima's attempt to make Raiden cool, a fifteen minute clip of Raiden dancing around the walking robots until they all die. It's going to take a lot of strong writing and pretention (that the fans will no doubt eat up) to bring Raiden back from "suckiest character ever".

Raiden is not the suckiest character ever, he's just really hated because he replaced Solid Snake in Metal Gear Solid 2 and was nowhere near the levels of coolness that Snake had.

hippie_hunter said:
Raiden is not the suckiest character ever, he's just really hated because he replaced Solid Snake in Metal Gear Solid 2 and was nowhere near the levels of coolness that Snake had.

And kept getting phoned by a b!tch called Rose that no one liked :(

Don't hate Raiden because of Rose, jerkfaces, he wasn't a bad character!

Zenien said:

...but he wasn't Snake either :(

Zenien said:
Yes but you need to be a member, or you can just use the torrent I have conveniently posted that CONTAINS said IGN file in its full glory.

I've been a member of IGN Insider and Gamespot Complete since more than three years now, which is how I get all the best downloads at the fastest of speeds. Meanwhile, keep seeding, young ones. :cool:

IT'S CALLED ATMOSPHERE!!!! I really like the methodical pacing of this trailer, it's definately emulating a 'western' in how it holds character shots and takes its time. I really like it, it's actually one of my most re-watchable Metal Gear trailers. I'll sit back and just watch it from start to finish for no othr reason but to watch the mini storycontained within.

IT IS AWESOMENESS CUBED :mad:

It would have been a lot better had that stupid broad stopped with her wailing and instead, we got some quality MGS music by Harry Gregson-Williams.

And the game is set in the Middle East right? But the music and presentation is...Japanese? WTF? Talk about inappropriate. Guess Kojima occassionally gets so wrapped up in trying to make something increasingly (and perhaps even unnecessarily) emotional that he ends up trying too hard and forgetting what works and what does not.

Zenien said:

He could have been at least a decent character had it not been for his overflowing feminism (but I could see you would love that) and the fact that he was a whiny, gutless and increasingly gullible prick who constantly got played around like a cue-ball.

I don't hate Raiden...much. Even if Spyro does sit about 40 spots above him on my list. Of course, Spyro sits above a lot of guys on my list...Spyro...Ok, back from my tangent now. Raiden was an OK character but not exactly the type to appease the fans. It's obvious from his designs and attitude that he was meant to be a favorite in Japan where strangely enough, Snake isn't as popular. Japs just love their Bishonen type characters. Just be grateful he wasn't one of them Cold pretty boy types who are predominant in Japanese media right now. And not that my opinion matters or anything but the fact that MGS 4 has this much heat on it shows that Kojima knows exactly what works. About the Middle Eastern thingie...well...I don't think something out of Radio Del Mundo would have been appropriate either. A trailer's a trailer man. Well see when the real deal hits.

...a little OT but any word of a Spyro game in the works? Just kidding. Oh yeah, Valkryie Profile Silmeria hit Japan today. Any reviews yet?

Zenien said:

I'm inclined to agree here. MGS2 when playing it 1st time round was a bit baffling at certain points and I think Raiden was a good character in representing a somewhat confused player. However, this wears off once you actually get the gist of what the hell is actually going on. Still, I thought Raiden was a cool character. He was just inexperienced, not fully informed and most importantly wasn't solid snake. Raiden turned out to be a scape goat once we were robbed of playing snake.

W00t!

Threads back on page one thanks to the division of the games board.

metal-gear-solid-4-20050915072836606.jpg

metalgear1.jpg

DSC_2423.JPG

Raiden was great character in MGS2. The fact that he replaced Snake made me a little pissed but then he became a cool character once him and Snake fought side by side. And I can't wait to play as him online....if the rumors are true.

he shouldnt of replaced snake, but he's a cool character nonetheless.

SO when's that new trailer suppose to hit again?

Zenien said:
SO when's that new trailer suppose to hit again?

24-27th of August, along with a Portable OPS one too. :up:

Yesss, the ****ing game that's making me buy a 600 dollar Console. DO! :mad:

There is a rumor that microsoft is buying Rockstar.

There was a rumor they were buying Nintendo, wrong thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"