The Official Metal Gear Thread

I'm willing to give the Metal Gear movie the benefit of the doubt (for now). Vogt-Roberts enthusiasm for the franchise is infectious.

like i said I don't know their full plan. "yet" just that this guy seem to wantto do this right. but details wise I don't know where he's starting from.

Ah okay, thanks.

I'm willing to give the Metal Gear movie the benefit of the doubt (for now). Vogt-Roberts enthusiasm for the franchise is infectious.

Yeah I am liking his enthusiasm, the games are practically movies already as well.

I like the guy too. He snuck in a Grey Fox reference in Kong (it was the name of the makeshift boat).

PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
[FONT=&quot]Metal Gear Solid V August 1 update to add Ocelot as playable character in FOB missions[/FONT]
Published 18 hours ago. 2 comments.

Plus, new Wormhole Generator functionalities and more.

MGSV-Ocelot_07-28-17.jpg

A Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain update launching for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC versions of the game on August 1 will add Ocelot as a playable character in FOB missions, Konami announced.

Here is the full list of changes, via Konami:
? Ocelot is finally available in FOB missions!
You can play as Ocelot to infiltrate FOBs. You cannot change the uniform or the head option, but Ocelot has a slightly increased camouflage value, and he reloads and draws his weapons faster. He can use one pistol in each hand with the TORNADO-6. He can also use ricochet bullets on marked enemies.
*The defense value matches the highest defense value within the unlocked battle dresses.
? New functionalities for the Wormhole Generator
When place beforehand the Grade 9(?9) Wormhole Generator can now automatically extract the player when in a critical situation. Additionally, opponents cannot remove a placed Wormhole Generator anymore, and it is now harder to destroy.
? New swimsuits for FOB staff
New swimsuits and new colors have been added. As usual you can wear those swimsuits when defending your FOB or infiltrating the enemy FOB.
Goblin Suit GOB SUIT
Only available for Diamond Dogs soldiers. There is no camouflage effect but the suit lightness increases your movement speed.
Megalodon Suit MEG SUIT
Only available for Diamond Dogs soldiers. There is no camouflage effect but the suit lightness increases your movement speed.
*Swimsuits are Online Development Items. You must develop these items after receiving as Event Point Rewards.
*To make soldiers in security teams wear them, you have to go to [SECURITY SETTINGS] ? [Advanced Settings].
*Soldiers can wear swimsuits when infiltrating enemy FOBs, but neither your avatar nor Snake can wear them.
*To check soldiers wearing swimsuits, go to [FOB MISSION] ? [Training/Visit Destination] and select your own base.
*Mother Base staff cannot wear the swimsuits.
? Other minor updates
Some minor issues have been fixed.
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is available now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360.

source: Gematsu

[FONT=&quot]Metal Gear Survive Gamescom 2017 screenshots, fact sheet[/FONT]
Published 4 hours ago. 39 comments.
Latest look at the survival action Metal Gear spin-off.
\

MG-Survive_08-22-17.jpg

Konami released new screenshots and an updated fact sheet for Metal Gear Suviveat Gamescom 2017.

Additionally, several Japanese outlets have gone up with hands-on gameplay reports: 4Gamer.net, Dengeki Online, Famitsu, Gamer.ne.jp, IGN Japan, and Inside Games.

Get the fact sheet below.
About
Konami Digital Entertainment breaks new ground with an original spin-off from Metal Gear Solid V titled Metal Gear Survive. This title introduces a fresh spirit of exploration, unique mechanics and strategic co-op gameplay.
Metal Gear Survive is a survival action game in an alternative universe. In a struggle to survive, and understand this new environment, players engage in both a Single Play and connected co-op Play. In the battle for survival scavenged materials must be wrought into usable items, gear and weapons if you are to have any hope of making it home.
Key Features

• Two ways to play – Single Play and CO-OP Play. These modes are linked via Base Camp. Character progress and gear carries between the two modes.
  • Build and develop your Base Camp. This offers access to weapon and gear crafting. As well as offering you a command centre for planning missions in Single Play and CO-OP Play.
  • Gather resources for use in crafting including blue prints and raw materials. These can be gathered in Single play by exploring the environment or won in successful CO-OP missions
  • Develop Base camp with new facilities to aid survival – including crop growing, animal rearing, food and water storage. As your camp develops you’ll gain access to high grade crafting items.
  • Manage resources, including human essentials such as food and water as well as raw materials used for weapons, defences and expendables.
Metal Gear Survive is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in early 2018.
View the screenshots at the gallery.
visit gallery »

Industry
[FONT=&quot]Konami announces TGS 2017 lineup[/FONT]
Published 19 hours ago. 67 comments.
Metal Gear Survive and Trails of Cold Steel III playable.

Konami-TGS-2017_09-01-17.jpg

Konami has opened its official Tokyo Game Show 2017 website, announcing the lineup of games it is bringing to the expo in September.
Get the full lineup below.
Console Games

• 100% Pascal Sensei: Perfect Paint Bombers (3DS) – Playable (Family Game Park)
  • Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball Championship 2017 (PS4, PS3, PS Vita) – Stage
  • Metal Gear Survive (PS4, XBO, PC) – Playable, Stage
    • The demo available at Tokyo Game Show 2017 will include a four-player co-op mode with two stages, and with varying levels of difficulty to choose from. Those who play the demo will get a Metal Gear Survive sticker.
  • Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 (PS4, PS3) – Playable, Stage, Trailer
    • The new three-versus-three co-op mode will also be available to play at the booth.
  • Super Bomberman R (Switch) – Playable (Family Game Park), Stage, e-Sports, Trailer
    • Konami booth visitors can pick up an original sticker.
Mobile Games

• Love Plus Every (iOS, Android) – Playable, Stage
    • Enjoy a special moment with the Tokyo Game Show 2017 limited demo of Love Plus Every, which will be playable in virtual reality (mobile).
  • Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 (iOS, Android) – Stage, Trailer
  • Professional Baseball Spirits A (iOS, Android) – Stage, Trailer
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links (iOS, Android) – Stage
Partner Titles

• The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III (PS4) – Playable, Stage, Trailer
    • Those who play the demo will get an acyrlic key chain, and Konami booth visitors can pick up an issue of Falcom Magazine.
  • VA-11 Hall-A (PS Vita) – Playable, Trailer
    • Those who play the demo will get a coaster.
Konami has yet to announce its schedule of stage events.
Tokyo Game Show 2017 runs from September 21 to 24

[FONT=&quot]Metal Gear Survive launches February 20 in North America, February 22 in Europe[/FONT]
Published 2 hours ago. 14 comments.

Pre-orders include the "Survival Pack" downloadable content.
MG-Survive_10-24-17.jpg

Metal Gear Survive will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on February 20, 2018 in North America, February 21 in Japan, and February 22 in Europe, Konami announced.

Users who pre-order the game will receive a downloadable “Survival Pack,” which includes the following items:

• Four Gold Plated Weapons – Bat, Spear, Machete, and Sledgehammer
  • Two Additional Gestures – Happy and Thumbs Up
  • Four Metallic Survival Scarves – Purple, Green, Blue, and Silver
  • “Kabuki” Face Paint
  • “Boxman (The Orange)” Accessory
  • Mother Base Nameplate
View a new set of images at the gallery.
visit gallery »

hqdefault.jpg

[YT]-ipRHryb22U[/YT]

Animal Crossing Goes Mobile - The Rundown - Electric Playground
[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Roboto !important]1.1K views9 hours ago Published on 10/25/2017[/FONT]
[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important]Today in the Rundown, we find out about the microtransactions in Nintendo's new mobile game Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp. We also wish you a happy Life Day
with the Star Wars Holiday Special, get the latest on Captain Marvel, find out when you can play Metal Gear Survive, examine the Season Pass for Middle-earth: Shadow of War, and finally, have some bad news about Microsoft's Kinect.
That's it for our Rundown.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

source:[FONT=&quot]EPN.tv[/FONT]

I can't find a single thing that would make play Metal Gear Survive, not one thing.

Nope. Not a single one.

Frankly, if Konami is now in the business of blatant cash-grabs, just remaster the original games. They've already got the Fox Engine in-house.

I wish they just would do season 2 for Phantom Pain. New open worlds maps, new story, new side missions, new weapons and upgrades, new platforms for your mother base, such as a airstrip for fighter/attack aircraft that can provide you unique fire support on your missions. Add a factory that produces your own unique moble vehicles and tanks. Maybe add a bar or a basketball court for your mother base. Making the mother base more interactive. The game has so much open potential, it’s ridiculous that they aren’t taking advantage of it.

Last edited:
hqdefault.jpg

[YT]-hnTBJNecgc[/YT]

Nintendo Switch Gets Hulu - The Rundown - Electric Playground[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important]1.5K views7 hours ago Published on 11/09/2017[/FONT]
[FONT=Roboto !important]
[FONT=Roboto !important]Today in the Rundown, we take a look at Hulu on the Nintendo Switch! We also have the first details on a Harry Potter augmented reality game from the makers of [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Roboto !important]Pokemon Go, gather the latest intel on the Metal Gear Solid movie, go ape with King Kong on Broadway, have another nail in the coffin for the Dark Universe, find out how Ridley Scott is scrambling to replace Kevin Spacey, have bad news for the investors behind Blade Runner 2049, take off with flying taxis from Uber, and finally, have a timely look at the next Doctor Who! [/FONT]

confirming the video above

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]NEWS‘Metal Gear Solid’ movie gets 'Jurassic World' writer Today at 11:52 am

The last we heard about the Metal Gear Solid movie was that director Jordan Vogt-Roberts was tweaking the...Read more

[/FONT]

source:[FONT=&quot]EPN.tv[/FONT] &Gamezone

Besides the obvious missing ending for MGSV, I think the series has come full circle and is pretty much done for me. I loved the games and despite never finishing MG1/2, I played MGS1-5 to death and had a blast.

It was sad to see Kojima go and Konami turned into a real ****show in the past decade but we'll always have Silent Hill 2.

I finished MG1.

After I accidentally killed a hostage in the last boss fight and found out I couldn't carry enough C4 to destroy the TX. No solution but to start over. I enjoyed the game though, want to play it again before trying out the sequel, which I've never played.

But yeah, Metal Gear is done. Let's just get ready for Death Stranding.

[FONT=&quot]Metal Gear Survive single-player gameplay walkthrough, beta set for January 18 to 21[/FONT]
Published 16 hours ago. 35 comments.

Participate in the beta to receive rewards in the full release.

Metal-Gear-Survive_12-13-17.jpg

Konami will host a Metal Gear Survive beta for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One from January 18 to 21, 2018, the company announced.

The beta will allow players to jump into co-op mode to build, defend, and fight alongside friends online. Users who participate in the beta will receive an in-game bonus including a Fox Hound” name plate, Metal Gear REX accessory, and bandana accessory when the full game releases.

Additionally, Konami has released a new gameplay video featuring producer commentary that provides a first look inside the single-player campaign. The story of Metal Gear Survive picks up from the ending of Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes. Players are pulled through a wormhole and find themselves in a dangerous world filled with biological threats and hostile environments where they must survive and find their way home. Not only will they fight off deadly creatures, but also explore and forage the environment for food, water and other resources to stay alive.

Metal Gear Survive is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam on February 20 in the Americas and February 22 in Europe.

Watch the gameplay video below.

[YT]jCsxfR7jxvs[/YT]

[FONT=&quot]Metal Gear Survive single-player gameplay trailer[/FONT]
Published 3 hours ago. 15 comments.

Six minutes of new footage.

Metal-Gear-Survive-Gameplay_01-08-18.jpg

IGN has gone up with a six-minute single-player gameplay trailer for Metal Gear Survive.

As previously announced, beta for the new Metal Gear title will run from January 18 to 21 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Metal Gear Survive is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam on February 20 in the Americas and February 22 in Europe.

Watch the trailer below.

[YT]eqMIqJDjarg[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"