The Official Metallo Thread

Um yah, every opinion you post after this will be taken with grain of salt because that is something only John Peters would agree to. I also think I hate you now.

Kiefer Sutherland.....

EDIT:..as Metallo ,or Brainiac

This guy could well be perfect,he recently had a part on CSI and got decent reviews and his hateability is beyond that any actor could bring to the role
I'm not saying he's the only choice i'm just throwing his name out there:yay:

ny12912061856bigol5.jpg
u got 2 b kinding me:wow:

Well K-Fed wouldn't be the badly cast actor in a Singerman movie.
But I doubt that any movie with him in it would pack the theaters... Might actually keep people away.

Remember he is America's Most Hated! :woot:

If that idiot ends up anywhere near a superhero franchise I swear to God I will stuff my head into the gears of a ferris wheel.

Well, that I remember we haven´t even heard any indication of Metallo being the villain, so I won´t speculate on that for now.

There should never ever be an indirect correlation between any Superman Movie and Britney Spears. That is just wrong. :whatever:

I'd say Kevin Bacon.
Co-sign on this. I think he'd be an excellent choice as he's the right type physically and he can act with the best of 'em. On another note, I can't believe hunter could actually be serious. It's like I'm in Bizarro World.:hyper:

This guy could well be perfect,he recently had a part on CSI and got decent reviews and his hateability is beyond that any actor could bring to the role
I'm not saying he's the only choice i'm just throwing his name out there:yay:

ny12912061856bigol5.jpg

I second this, and not just because your name is in red.

I saw him on csi as well and I was impressed with his screen pressence, certainly not oscar worthy, but definately professionally competent. For some reason I want K-Fed to succeed in life while Britney slides into trailer trash obscurity.

Not sure why. :cwink:

but Hank Henshaw? Nah...I could see him as that guy who splits into clones of himself whatever his name is...tip of my tongue...he was featured in the video game...

Multiplex...?
Plex...?
Multi...?

I dunno, but you know who I mean. K-Fed can't sell a punch on screen so he'd have to be a gangly fighter or a blaster.

Replicant...?
Replicor...?
Schizm...?
...damn it.

When I see Kevin Federline's face, I always wish that we were technologically advanced enough to resurrect the dead. That way I could kill him every day for the rest of my life.

I think Federline should only get cast as Metallo if we get to see Superman kill him on film. No, I don't just mean in the movie. I mean LITERALLY kill him. I'd love to see Superman go all MK1 Kano on this SOB and rip his still beating heart right out of his chest. I don't think it counts as a snuff film if no one cares that you were alive to begin with.

So if Metallo does make it into the sequel, which origin would you prefer? The Silver Age, John Byrne Version, TAS, an original version?

here's his wiki in case you're not familiar with all his origins http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metallo

metallo.jpg

John Byrne's and the Silver Age origin are almost exactly the same; small-time crook, car accident, Dr. Vale snatches him up and then puts his brain in the robot body. The only real difference is Vale's motivation.

Unless, of course, you wanna get into Roger Corben, who, contrary to popular belief, was by far the dominant character to use the name "Metallo" in the Silver Age (John only had 1 appearance, as far as I know), but that's a whole different can of worms.

I think that STAS improved on the origin quite a bit, and is probably the direction I'd like to see Metallo go if he makes it to the big screen. Make him someone that Superman knows beforehand, giving them a history and possibly an actual motivation to kill Superman, rather than just the old "I wanna be king of the mountain" motif that the majority of Superman's villains have.

At this point, I think that Richard would be a prime candidate to become Metallo.

I'd be upset if Richard became Metallo. I think him becoming evil would be an easy way out of resolving that love triangle situation, I'd rather see Richard die at the hands of Corben maybe protecting Jason. I dont want Superman and Lois together, until the end of third film

Personally, I could not care less about the love triangle, nor do I care one bit if it's taking the easy way out (if I wanted to see a tragic romance movie, I'd watch Titanic or something), so this would just be my way of doing something worth a damn with Richard's character.

But that was just one option for Metallo's alter ego. Hell, he could end up being the rooftop gattling-gun guy and it would fit my criteria mentioned before, and I'd be satisfied as far as Metallo goes.

What is up with killing Richard? Hes a likeable character. Let him live. Not everybody has to either die or go bad.What is this, the spiderman franchise?

I think, imo, the best way to get of Richard is to have him slowly but surely realize Lois doesnt love him anymore, but loves Superman, and than slowly but surely have him realize Jason isnt his son, and than just sort of bow out, respectfully knowing this isnt his place.

What is up with killing Richard? Hes a likeable character. Let him live. Not everybody has to either die or go bad.What is this, the spiderman franchise?

I think, imo, the best way to get of Richard is to have him slowly but surely realize Lois doesnt love him anymore, but loves Superman, and than slowly but surely have him realize Jason isnt his son, and than just sort of bow out, respectfully knowing this isnt his place.

The only thing is, the father that raises the child is more important to the child than the biological father that wasn't interested in the consequences of his sexual relations. At Jason's age he will have no concept that anyone else could be his father, no child could and no child would until they understand the mechanics of human reproduction.

It would be a horrible thing for Richard to 'bow out.' Jason is more Richard's son than SUperman's.

Biology gives the DNA, but nuturing gives the love and sense of belonging. That's why adoption and foster programs work.

The only thing is, the father that raises the child is more important to the child than the biological father that wasn't interested in the consequences of his sexual relations. At Jason's age he will have no concept that anyone else could be his father, no child could and no child would until they understand the mechanics of human reproduction.

It would be a horrible thing for Richard to 'bow out.' Jason is more Richard's son than SUperman's.

Biology gives the DNA, but nuturing gives the love and sense of belonging. That's why adoption and foster programs work.

It depends who the other villain would be. I would like their stories to be intwined. Both Luthor and Brainiac would be able and willing to build Metallo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"