The Official Metallo Thread

A mixture along the lines of Brynes and TAS would work for me.

Mine.

Currently while still in the mindset of manipulation as a theme throughout the movie, here is what I would like which is subject to change ...

Well, I think it only makes sense that in order to give fans what they want... The following would be a great approach.

1. We know we want Brainiac AND Metallo.

2. We know many fans if not all want a Lexcorp business tycoon Lex for the sequel. The few that aren't pushing for it, don't oppose it. So that's a no-brainer imo.

3. I doubt there is fan that would oppose seeing STAR LABS and Professor Hamilton introduced.

So where does that leave us?

Well, if people don't mind a little bending of known characters:

I say, Brainiac manipulates Lex. Provides the technology needed to "destroy" Superman when infact to Brainiac it's the first BIG test for the MOS. So out of this, Lex involves himself with an unsuspecting Professor Hamilton to create a man as a prototype for the government. A military project that will be for the good of our country. The first of his kind. Lex finds the perfect guy that HE will manipulate into becoming what we know as Metallo. An ex military guy. The first time we see him introduced as John Corben we would have him in a wheel chair with no legs (ok well I think that would be cool). He could be established as having a bit of a suspect record, maybe even a discharge from the military. Lex could give a little speech like "I have chosen you for a very important project. How would you like to walk again? Infact, how would you like to be as strong as say... Superman?"

Maybe even establish Corben as doing some good at first making a few rescues BEFORE Superman can, then when Lex has him unleashed on Superman he cuts his ties claiming no involvement with this newly esablished "METALLO" keeping him in the clear.

Something like that anyways

We could see some of the creation from Professor Hamilton. Superman could even talk with the Professor and be told by him he feels it was a mistake to work on this project, wanting out. Later Lex could talk with the Professor saying something like "There is no in or out. There is only in." etc..

The only thing is, the father that raises the child is more important to the child than the biological father that wasn't interested in the consequences of his sexual relations. At Jason's age he will have no concept that anyone else could be his father, no child could and no child would until they understand the mechanics of human reproduction.

It would be a horrible thing for Richard to 'bow out.' Jason is more Richard's son than SUperman's.

Biology gives the DNA, but nuturing gives the love and sense of belonging. That's why adoption and foster programs work.
This is my biggest problem with this how that entire dynamic was handled. You've placed Superman squarely in the middle of a messy family dispute. It brings into play unnecessary scenarios like Supes as an absentee father, Lois continuing to perpetuate a lie to someone who loves her or a very confused child. Those aren't themes I'd like to associate with Superman. I don't really see a feasible resolution to this outside of someone dying (which I actually don't have a problem with). Richard graciously stepping aside is weak. It could work if there wasn't a child that only knows him as his father, but that's not the case. Maybe it's possible to pull this off without forcing the movie to wade through more melodramatic crap, but I'd need someone to point it out.

Regarding Metallo, I think something close to TAS could work. I'd like to see 'the Metallo project' under the umbrella of the newly-formed LexCorp with Luthor trying to court public favor. Corben gets more than he bargained for as goes rogue. I don't want Lex as an out front, main villain, but more trying to manipulate the situation after things go awry. Have Luthor upgrade Metallo's power source to Kryptonite in an effort to kill two birds with one stone.

I'd be upset if Richard became Metallo. I think him becoming evil would be an easy way out of resolving that love triangle situation, I'd rather see Richard die at the hands of Corben maybe protecting Jason. I dont want Superman and Lois together, until the end of third film

The problem with that is that Richard looks even more like a hero and competes with Superman.

I would like to see fresh view of Metallo, not just versions from either comics or TAS, but something that we have never seen before.

I want Metallo to be part Cinnamon as well.

How many different ways are there to go with a guy who gets a robotic body? :huh:

They can spin a few small details, but outside of the groundwork that's been laid in the comics and TAS, nothing comes to mind that isn't ridiculous.

I am sure if Metallo is used Singer will grab from the comics and add his own twist, same with Brainiac.

I'm praying whomever is chosen, isn't given some artificial sympathy angle. There's nothing wrong with a villain who's just drunk with power or sees others as inferior.

I agree with you if they are using multiple villians, one can be as you described. Good and old fashion.

Assuming they go with Corben, if they try to redeem Metallo and there's some line at the end about 'how his real heart isn't made of Kryptonite', I'm flinging a box of Milk Duds at the screen. :cmad:

Richard White should become Metallo if Metallo is ever going to be in the sequel. This way we solve many of the problemas with Superman Returns wich are:

1)Hero to compete with Superman - The character of Richard is a good character but i don`t wanna pay 10 bucks to watch my favorite hero on the big screen for the first time to find out that Richard is more heroic than Superman in the movie. Thats really what we didn`t need to see after so many years waiting to see the greatest hero on Earth in action.

2)The triangle problem - Richard becomes evil, Superman gets to raise HIS son. Fuch this Richard is Jonathan Kent to Jason and Superman is Jor-el. Superman is not dying. He can be there for his son. Him and Lois in the comics have a serious relationship and he still saves the world. Many parents are very busy(like mine) and could still educate me. Lois doesn`t love Richard. She loves Superman. Its that simple.

Richard should be in a plane accident that Superman didn`t save. This would be a parallel of the movie. Lets imagine that Brainiac is causing a chaos in the world and Superman doesn`t have time to save the plane Richard was in. Its emotional and its a good way to show Superman is not all that powerfull and cant be everywhere at the same time. Richard then dies and is revived by Luthor. He becomes Metallo. But Richard doesn`t become evil because he is a good guy. Using the animated series origin, Richard because he is dead, he loses the sense of touch so now he cant touch his son or feel LOis Lane`s kiss. We can make him a tragic Character that makes sense not a Terminator ripp off. Add Brainiac who sees in Jason a way to preserve the Kryptonian Legacy since he thinks Superman is way to good to become to evil and We`ll have a great sequel.

The only way Richard turning bad is if

1. Something happens to both him and Jason to which he finds a reason to blame Superman for it's cause.

2. Jason dies, he lives just barely.

3. He also loses Lois as he feels she betrays him by siding with Superman on whatever happened.

That would be about the only way I can see his anger being enough to cause him to get manipulated.

^^^Did u read my post? I showed a way to turn Richard evil. Because he dies in the plane accident and later revived as a robot to compete with the Man of Steel, he loses the sense of touch so he cant feel anything anymore. This was one of the greatest things in the animated series version. This way, he can blame Luthor and Superman for not saving him. This makes him a tragic character and an interesting villain/anti-hero. He then later can sacrifice himself to save Superman, Jason and Lois from Brainiac and Lex.

Again standing by my original statement

Currently while still in the mindset of manipulation as a theme throughout the movie, here is what I would like which is subject to change ...

Well, I think it only makes sense that in order to give fans what they want... The following would be a great approach.

1. We know we want Brainiac AND Metallo.

2. We know many fans if not all want a Lexcorp business tycoon Lex for the sequel. The few that aren't pushing for it, don't oppose it. So that's a no-brainer imo.

3. I doubt there is fan that would oppose seeing STAR LABS and Professor Hamilton introduced.

So where does that leave us?

Well, if people don't mind a little bending of known characters:

I say, Brainiac manipulates Lex. Provides the technology needed to "destroy" Superman when infact to Brainiac it's the first BIG test for the MOS. So out of this, Lex involves himself with an unsuspecting Professor Hamilton to create a man as a prototype for the government. A military project that will be for the good of our country. The first of his kind. Lex finds the perfect guy that HE will manipulate into becoming what we know as Metallo. An ex military guy. The first time we see him introduced as John Corben we would have him in a wheel chair with no legs (ok well I think that would be cool). He could be established as having a bit of a suspect record, maybe even a discharge from the military. Lex could give a little speech like "I have chosen you for a very important project. How would you like to walk again? Infact, how would you like to be as strong as say... Superman?"

Maybe even establish Corben as doing some good at first making a few rescues BEFORE Superman can, then when Lex has him unleashed on Superman he cuts his ties claiming no involvement with this newly esablished "METALLO" keeping him in the clear.

Something like that anyways

We could see some of the creation from Professor Hamilton. Superman could even talk with the Professor and be told by him he feels it was a mistake to work on this project, wanting out. Later Lex could talk with the Professor saying something like "There is no in or out. There is only in." etc..

If Brainiac and Luthor are the villains for the sequel, then I think they should save Metallo. Maybe just have John Corben cameo in the sequel.

I want to see Luthor responsible for the creation of Metallo. Something similar to TAS would be great.

My problem with Metallo is that he is powered by kryptonite. I am tired of seeing superman defeated because of kryptonite. Between STM, SR, and Smallville...i am just tired of it.

Well, the Singer-verse leaves us a bit limited, but I would've put him in SR. It would've made so much difference. Imagine how much better the movie would've been with some kind of pay off at the end. A big battle between Superman and Metallo on New Krypton. Superman knows NK is expanding and has to be gotten rid of, but Metallo won't let him. Would've made all the difference.

How could it have been done?

First, you'd have to establish Lex as someone with a great bit more resources than the movie gave him.

Second, make the bank robbery scene earlier...have one of the robbers be John Corben (of course, a slightly more credible actor would've been needed). A bullet bounces off Superman and into Corben's chest. He is pronounced dead on the scene. However, the EMT who pronounces him is none other than Kumar who loads him up into an ambulance and drives off.

The next scene is Lex's lab. He has turned Corben into a machine and convinces him that Superman is to blame and with Lex's help, he will get his revenge and then some.

Just like that, in five minutes worth of extra footage, you have a super villian who could've actually made the climax exciting and added more credibility to Lex as a villian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"