Days of Future Past The official Michael Fassbender / Magneto thread - Part 1

from my perspective, Magneto, Xavier, Moira, and Shaw turned in the only good performances in the movie. i hated the x-kids. Azazel and Riptide were just kind of window dressing. and 'Emma Frost' looked like she would have rather been doing her nails.

from my perspective, Magneto, Xavier, Moira, and Shaw turned in the only good performances in the movie. i hated the x-kids. Azazel and Riptide were just kind of window dressing. and 'Emma Frost' looked like she would have rather been doing her nails.

Sounds about spot on if you know Emma Frost. lol

from my perspective, Magneto, Xavier, Moira, and Shaw turned in the only good performances in the movie.

Take out Shaw from that list and I would agree with this. Bacon just did not impress me at all.

I really liked Bacon with Fassbender but not so much in the other scenes. I really liked Moira and Beast

Bacon was essentially playing a Bond Villain with superpowers, and it was glorious. I agree about Moira, Magneto, and Xavier being really good. I also really liked Beast and Mystique, and Banshee and Havok were decent for what little they got to do.

Bacon was essentially playing a Bond Villain with superpowers, and it was glorious. I agree about Moira, Magneto, and Xavier being really good. I also really liked Beast and Mystique, and Banshee and Havok were decent for what little they got to do.

^^ agreed :up:

Matthew Vaughn made no secret he was basiclly doing the X-Men version of Bond.Michael Fassbender was Like Sean Connery.

Shaw was basiclly blofeld.Emma was the sexy bond villainess.

Darwain was the sacrifial lamb from bond films where villain kills ally of bond.

Beast was Q.

I felt Moira was underused.should have keep the scenes between her and Xavier In final film.

See, I didn't think Moira was underused at all. Initially, after seeing the movie I was pleasantly surprised with how well they brought her character into the overall story and how much of an presence she had. I originally thought she wouldn't play that big of a role.

She ended up being one of my favorite parts of First Class in addition to the Bond-esque tone. I really hope we get that character and Rose Byrne back in further movies.

I felt they should have keep the deleted scenes with her and Xavier in film.

Once they hit the mansion she kind of disappears.

Take out Shaw from that list and I would agree with this. Bacon just did not impress me at all.

I thought Kevin Bacon was good for the role.

And Caleb Landry Jones was good too.
I felt they should have keep the deleted scenes with her and Xavier in film.

Once they hit the mansion she kind of disappears.

She kinda disappeared when they hit the mansion. I think her only scene at the mansion (that made the final cut) was telling Erik/Charles to watch the news.

Though I don't think they should have included the deleted scenes (with Moira/ProfX), they weren't very good.

Last edited:
And Caleb Landry Jones was good too.

I would agree with this but his bad acting in the CIA headquarters attack scene was very distracting. Watch his screaming shots (together with Jennifer Lawrence's...yikes!). I cringe every time.

I would agree with this but his bad acting in the CIA headquarters attack scene was very distracting. Watch his screaming shots (together with Jennifer Lawrence's...yikes!). I cringe every time.

LOL that was funny especially with Jennifer Lawrence screaming when Shaw/company were attacking the CIA headquarters.

Here's the video for it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dRuwBwnmsU

LOL that was funny especially with Jennifer Lawrence screaming when Shaw/company were attacking the CIA headquarters.

Here's the video for it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dRuwBwnmsU

That clip looks like it's been (badly) editted. I remember a lot more bad reaction shots from the kids. That's what's wrong with these CG-fests action sequences, most of the time the actor is reacting to something that isn't there and, especially on this clip, it's very noticeable.

*Quick look there, now scream*

Jennifer Lawrence's fake hysterical crying in this clip. Hilarious. :oldrazz:

uNMRfj.gif

How many official images have we seen of Magneto's new armor/suit? Is it just the airborne one with the cape and the poster/banner?

I'm curious as to how much his helmet deviates from First Class and the one McKellan wore in the first 3.

edit: Seems like the shape is closer to McKellan's helmet but it has that ornament looking thing like he had at the very end of First Class. Decent compromise, kinda liked the traditional rounded shape a little better but oh well

Last edited:
And Fassbender gets a Golden Globe nomination for 12 Years a Slave, along with Lawrence for American Hustle. :up: Perhaps we'll get to hear more about Days of Future Past, or even Apocalypse, during the awards circuit.

Last edited:
How many official images have we seen of Magneto's new armor/suit? Is it just the airborne one with the cape and the poster/banner?

I'm curious as to how much his helmet deviates from First Class and the one McKellan wore in the first 3.

edit: Seems like the shape is closer to McKellan's helmet but it has that ornament looking thing like he had at the very end of First Class. Decent compromise, kinda liked the traditional rounded shape a little better but oh well

We also got that pic of Fassy as Magneto where he's turning to the side and what looks like Air Force One (?) on the background.

Fassy's going to be on The Graham Norton Show on the 17/01/14.
He'll be promoting 12YAS but hopefully he'll talk about DOPF and Frank again :word:

I hope none of the other guests get drunk and completely overshadow Michael.

:hehe:

No kidding. Stupid Wahlberg.

Wahlberg was a complete idiot on that show. It put me right off him as an actor.

Sarah Silverman and Graham Norton were riding with the flow at first, but you can tell it got more and more awkward as time went on, and Fassbender seriously looked like he wanted to punch Wahlberg in the face.

I hope none of the other guests get drunk and completely overshadow Michael.

:hehe:
Lol. :funny: I hope Lena Dunham doesn't talk that much and Fassy is on the left side of the sofa.

Wahlberg was a complete idiot on that show. It put me right off him as an actor.
He was sf annoying and attention-seeking! Interrupting other guests' stories, the dick challenge, twisting Graham's nipples, dismissing Laura Mvula and the nurse! :doh:

Sarah Silverman and Graham Norton were riding with the flow at first, but you can tell it got more and more awkward as time went on, and Fassbender seriously looked like he wanted to punch Wahlberg in the face.

tumblr_mhxyvj2S6x1r92sc8o5_r1_250.gif

Graham was ill when they filmed that episode so he couldn't be arsed to deal with Marky Mark. Apparently it was much worse (especially the groping, Sarah was apparently very uncomfortable) but they somehow managed to edit the show to not make him look like a total *****e :whatever:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"