Days of Future Past The official Michael Fassbender / Magneto thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id like to see Magneto encase someone in a metal sphere and squeeze it until it was the size of a basketball. I remember he did that to Cannonball in the age of Apocalypse. He pulled metal from the walls and vehicles, just anywhere around him and wrapped cannoball up in it where it was sphere of metal and then he began to squeeze to the point where it went from this huge ball to the size of basketball. It was sweet.

Was watching 300. This is SO Magneto.
photo.jpg

is that how you guys want magneto's helmet or do you want it like it was in x men 1-3?

Literally, if you take the nose piece off, that's Magneto's helmet from the comics and looks 100x better than the ones they made for the films.

Well, Magneto doesn't wear a helmet to physically protect his head or to be intimidating. So, I think they made his helmet with practicality in mind, not necessarily for looks...

Well, it's a movie. Everything is made for looks.

Well, it's a movie. Everything is made for looks.
My rationalization has more merit.. :p I think you know what I meant...

I'm not saying that the 300 helmet doesn't look nice.

And I think you know what I meant as well. :)

What defines an appropriate look is an extension of its actual and intended function.

hmm i think his helmet doesn't come into play i think for "years" later, because in X1, Xavier realized that his helmet blocked him from reading his mind...but would be interesting to see how he was able to come up w/the technology to prevent X from reading his mind, Ms. Frost prehaps???

I so want to see Wanda/Pietro, but I think they'll be mention when X and him meet, probably w/him stating that he had a wife and twins, but something happened and he does not know what became of them...if their is a sequel or prehaps in a 3rd film they will be introduced

Yeah I'm sure he will wear the helmet since frost is the villain. Might be the same helmet from xmen or if what is said is true it could be the comic helmet.

In the Magneto spinoff Magda and their daughter Anya were killed In fire according to reviews of the script.It's possable In First Class Magneto may mention he had a wife and daughter once.And it could create a conflict when he tells Xavier they need to be more forceful to protect younger mutants.

I think Magneto's helmet will come into play at the end after he and Xavier split up. It would be a cool scene to see Magneto put it on for the first time.

hmm i think his helmet doesn't come into play i think for "years" later, because in X1, Xavier realized that his helmet blocked him from reading his mind...but would be interesting to see how he was able to come up w/the technology to prevent X from reading his mind, Ms. Frost perhaps

Actually in X1 when ProfX mentioned that Wolverine asked him how would he know how to do that and Prof X said "cause he helped me build it" referring to Cerebro.

Man its going to be wierd watching someone else play Magneto, Ian Mckellan owned that role and really made Magneto more of a bad guy than he was in the comics

the more i look at fassbender he really resembles magneto from the comics

I just had a thought, if this does become a trilogy i wonder how the rest of his character will be portrayed?? They can focus on his children & his formation of the Brotherhood, but it seemed like in X1 that's when he actually makes his move against humanity and apparently its the first time he goes up against the X-Men.

Guess I'm just wondering how will they retconn Magneto actually being a major threat in the earlier years...

I just had a thought, if this does become a trilogy i wonder how the rest of his character will be portrayed?? They can focus on his children & his formation of the Brotherhood, but it seemed like in X1 that's when he actually makes his move against humanity and apparently its the first time he goes up against the X-Men.

Guess I'm just wondering how will they retconn Magneto actually being a major threat in the earlier years...

I dont think it was the first time, because remember Prof X knew who Sabretooth was and Sabretooth seemed to reconize Storm and Cyclops first time he saw them, but i dont think they hade alot of encounters, thats just my thinking

I would have liked to see Toad and maybe another guy who was a part of Magnetos early brotherhood, maybe Mastermind?

I dont think it was the first time, because remember Prof X knew who Sabretooth was and Sabretooth seemed to reconize Storm and Cyclops first time he saw them, but i dont think they hade alot of encounters, thats just my thinking
They definitely have encountered them before...At least to the point where Magneto and his goons knew about their strengths and weaknesses...to an extent anyway.

If we keep that in mind, I wonder if Sabretooth is going to factor in these prequels, and what Singer will do with him if he does. Will he stick to the Tyler Mane Sabretooth or show an in between stage between that Sabretooth and the one from Origins? I think having Mr. Sinister or some other villain experiment on Creed would be a good way to explain that character change but I wonder if Singer would even care about Liev's Sabretooth.

For what it was, Liev's Creed was pretty great. I really liked his performance.

I wonder if Mags is going to have white hair, brown hair, or streaks of white(ala Rogue's exposure to large amount of magnetism)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"