The Official Mitt Romney Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Romney's speech was the most tweeted event thus far this year...lol

But, television viewer wise it dropped 39% in viewership from 2008. Which tells me, probably most of those people tweeting didn't watch the speech....

Romney's speech was the most tweeted event thus far this year...lol

But, television viewer wise it dropped 39% in viewership from 2008. Which tells me, probably most of those people tweeting didn't watch the speech....

I know personally ive seen better but i account that to nerves and some other factors. My biggest sticking point is how ellusive he is on details of how he plans to accomplish what he says he will do. He avoided the details and was entirely too vague.

Last edited:

They were to busy watching Honey Boo Boo

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/331961

What could possibly provide more stimulating, riveting entertainment than the Republican National Convention? When it comes to American priorities the irresistible wreck of hit-show "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" wins hands down.

When Digital Journal reported precocious 6-year-old Alana Thompson was to be given her own reality show, no one could have predicted the millions of viewers it would attract.

Potential Vice President Paul Ryan had the misfortune to have his televised address to the convention scheduled at the same time as juiced up Honey Boo Boo Child and her family hit the airways: there was no competition. The trash family, who enjoy throwing themselves into mud, bobbing for pig's trotters, and entering pageants, attracted almost three times the amount of viewers as Mr. Ryan ABC News reported.

Last edited:
lol......doesn't surprise me.

It's scary that "honey boo boo" was higher in the ratings...

Well if you combine all the networks and cable news networks together it wasn't higher, but it was higher then any one single network

Oh, hell I'm surprised AT ALL........reality TV has simply made America stupid. :o

Maybe one of the candidates should try and get Honey Boo Boo's endorsement. Get on that Reince Prebus.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...dec32c-f5a2-11e1-a93b-7185e3f88849_story.html

In the most recent Associated Press-GfK poll, 28 percent said they were better off than four years ago, while 36 percent said they were worse off and 36 percent said they were in about the same financial position.

While those numbers aren't anything great I do think it put's the "are you better off then 4 years ago" in perspective. when you combine better or same you get 64% who fit that category

A new Gallup poll shows that 38% of national adults rated Mitt Romney’s convention speech as either excellent or good -- that's the lowest percentage since Gallup began tracking this question in 1996.

I'm not surprised.

. An anonymous group of hackers — not to be confused with the hacking group Anonymous — claims it's sitting on a treasure trove of Mitt Romney's unreleased tax returns freshly lifted from the PricewaterhouseCoopers offices in Franklin, Tennessee, and say they will make them available to the public at the end of this month unless they receive a million dollars in unmarked Bitcoins.

In a grammatically challenged PasteBin post, the hackers detail how they went about obtaining the GOP presidential nominee's elusive 1040s:

Romney's 1040 tax returns were taken from the PWC office 8/25/2012 by gaining access to the third floor via a gentleman working on the 3rd floor of the building. Once on the 3rd floor, the team moved down the stairs to the 2nd floor and setup shop in an empty office room. During the night, suite 260 was entered, and all available 1040 tax forms for Romney were copied.

Skepticism abounds, not the least because the group hasn't released any hard proof to back their claims.

Still, there is at least enough evidence of sincerity for the Secret Service to become involved: The law enforcement agency reportedly dispatched agents to confiscate two four-gigabyte flash drives mailed to the headquarters of both the Williamson County Republicans and Democrats that allegedly contain the tax returns locked behind an encryption key.

Scam or no, an extortion attempt against a major political figure is generally frowned upon, and the hackers could be in big trouble regardless of whether or not they actually have any of Romney's returns.

Meanwhile, the clock is ticking.

"Failure [to pay the ransom] before September 28, the entire world will be allowed to view the documents with a publicly released key to unlock everything," the hackers wrote. "And the same time, the other interested parties will be allowed to compete with you."

UPDATE: PWC has issued a statement confirming the involvement of the US Secret Service, but denying that any of their systems have been compromised, "or that there was any unauthorized access to the data in question."

Man this is funny. I cant wait till they release them

http://m.gawker.com/5940730/hackers...ase-them-unless-million+dollar-ransom-is-paid

Man, they are going to end up getting caught and the information will never be released. Just release it now and get it over with.

Also,

Florida Lt. Gov. Jennifer Carroll and U.S. Rep. Allen West, R-Plantation, are among three national chairs of Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney’s newly-named “Black Leadership Council.”

Ha, really? That sounds so wrong.

I'm not saying I would DEFINITELY vote for Romney, but I'd be lying if said I'm not at least curious about what his presidency would look like. I'm still 50/50 on him

Imagine if Romney decides to pay them.

If it were me, I would negotiate with them and stall on giving the money until after the election (or like a week before). Since they will release the info. to the highest bidder I could leverage one of the super-PAC's to create a bidding war could be that would stall everything. I would then get all bidders to renege on the deal and let them release the info. I could always deny the authenticity once I had become president.

I have a hard time believing this is even true. How can you take them seriously when they are asking for $1 million worth of Bitcoin?

It might not be true. They should just release them, anyway. What is a Bitcoin anyway? A MMO currancy?

Internet currency. Been getting popular because of Europe. A number of Greeks are diversifying into it because no banks wants to touch them. It would make tracing the cash difficult for Romney.

The world will not end if Romney wins. Nor will it end if Obama stays in office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"