The Official Musical Theatre Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexia Dark

Warrior Princess
Reaction score
As far as I know, there isn't one yet, and if there is, the search function doesn't work, so sue me.

I like Wicked, Beauty and the Beast, and Les Miz. If you like a musical, talk about it.

Simple, right? Begin.

A musical thread yeah!
I love Wicked, we will rock you, Mary poppins, Phantom, Beauty and the Beast, Mamma Mia, Chicago, Women in White and more, too many to remember.

But at the moment I love Wicked more then anyother one.

pic1-lge.jpg

You know, I've never really liked the Act II dress. It's too frilly, and the corset changes colors.

really, I liked it, I like her hat, was funny when she walks into the ball and she starts dancing lol.

What is this feeling is one of my favourite songs, its funny and a good song.

I went to NYC on a class trip in HS o so many years ago. We saw Singin In The Rain and 42nd Street. I was so amazingly impressed by Singin in the Rain,I ranted out about it for a few years and was hoping to catch it in Atlanta while I was there. They brought their own water since Ga was going through a water shortage.
Spring Awakening is awesome,if you're going up to NYC it's really worth seeing. http://www.springawakening.com/ Try not to get seats on stage if you're not into being so close to the intense sex and masterion scenes. :csad: I'm going up to see it again in Feb. :up:

I saw Beauty and Beast a few years back that was pretty awesome.
But my favorite of all time is The Lion King,when the actors came out all majestic in their costumes and the music just sank me in,yeah the tears welled up. :O

Lion King has a great starting when i saw it again I sat in the stalls just for the starting.

Cool! A muscial thread!
Well, my favorites are: The Phantom of the Opera, the Producers, Wicked, We Will Rock You,Mary Poppins, Whistle down the Wind, and Women in White.

Spring Awakening seems a little too intense for me. I don't think I'd ever like a musical based around so much sex.

Yeah I was suppose to sit in the stage not knowing what was in store,luckily I was late and had to sit in the general audience. Whew.
The music is great and the cast is so young which also has me super impressed.

I enjoyed Hairspray, Little Shop of Horrors, Wicked, Rent, and Dreamgirls.

In terms of quality, no. I've never actually seen the musical either, and have only seen the movie once or twice (I lost it :cmad: ), though I've heard many, many people say that the movie doesn't even come close to doing the stage version justice.

i honestly don't like musicals, they agitate me like no other.

but i don't mind hearings songs from disney animated films tho.

GoldenAgeHero said:
i honestly don't like musicals, they agitate me like no other.

but i don't mind hearings songs from disney animated films tho.
Why do they agitate you? :huh:

Alexia Dark said:
In terms of quality, no. I've never actually seen the musical either, and have only seen the movie once or twice (I lost it :cmad: ), though I've heard many, many people say that the movie doesn't even come close to doing the stage version justice.

I actually heard the opposite. They say it worked better on film than on stage. And after seeing both, I have to agree. It works better on film. Plus Mimi sucks on all the stage versions I have seen.

Charlie No-One said:
I actually heard the opposite. They say it worked better on film than on stage. And after seeing both, I have to agree. It works better on film. Plus Mimi sucks on all the stage versions I have seen.

Hmm. Interesting. I need to see it again. And I'll definitely see it on stage if I get the chance.

GolddenAgeHero said:
they just do. and they really come off as cheesy.

Then what you need is a serious musical. Listen to something from Les Mis, preferably Bring Him Home, Who Am I? or The Confrontation (is that what it's called?) and you'll see that there are more touching sides to musical theatre than just cheesy, upbeat popish numbers.

Those are certainly... interesting costumes.

2 students from last year's musical theatre program did 'Agony', parts 1 and 2, for their exams. It was hilarious.

Damn, how could I forget that I saw Cats here in DC.

i saw Rent on film first, and then i saw it on stage, which is the only play i've ever seen. i think both are equally great.

they can convey some things better on film than the play, and i really liked how they had most of the original cast in it, and used props from the original play and things from the late Johnathan Larson's home.

the play was also great. it was uptempo and high energy and i really liked how simplistic the backgrounds and how great they worked. it seemed like all they did was set up tables for la vie boheme and that was pretty much it.

i wish i could see dreamgirls on stage, like a dvd of when it was on broadway back when it won the tony's.

i bought the book wicked, but have yet to read it, is it worth looking thru?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"