The Official Musical Theatre Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But there's also that element of 'they're singing out of nowhere' that's more realistic on a stage.

Whether or not to read the Wicked book is complicated. It's a very long, often boring, and very quirky book, but it deserves to be read by every fan of the musical.

Alexia Dark said:
Those are certainly... interesting costumes.
yeah the picture is from an amateur production. I can't show the Broadway version. The Wolf is anatomically correct

Dew k. Mosi said:
yeah the picture is from an amateur production. I can't show the Broadway version. The Wolf is anatomically correct
Interesting...:wow:

My fav has and shall forever be...

sweeney-todd.gif

BRUTAL said:
My fav has and shall forever be...

sweeney-todd.gif

Ooo. I've heard of it many times, but I've never heard a song or read a synopsis.

That it is, can't WAIT for the movie :woot:

I hope Johnny Depp surprises me. I can imagine the tone of his voice and the creepy look in his eye behind the barber's chair without even needing to try. I hope he brings something unexpected to the role, rather than a reprise of Secret Window in a barber shop.

Will it be a musical? Or just a film adaptation?

I hope he has hidden talent and learns really fast. One of the biggest complaints I hear about the movie version of The Phantom of the Opera is that Gerard Butler's voice wasn't good enough for the Phantom, though I disagree; he just wasn't given enough time for voice training. I personally think he has the sexiest singing voice I've ever heard, he just needs to work on it some more, to sort of smooth it out. I also think that the voices of the main characters were the best things about the film. The direction and the cinematography, and even some of the sets were what was wrong with it. And the cut lyrics and changed lines and so forth.

Ok, a heck of a lot was wrong with it, but I blame it on Schumacher.

I enjoyed it, but after seeing it on stage, I have to agree with you. Have you seen Dreamgirls yet?

A secret: I've never seen the stage version of Phantom either, but something about the movie just didn't feel right to me. Especially once I found out about a cut song that would've made a huge difference (No One Would Listen).

No, I haven't seen Dreamgirls, but I will if I get the chance, or I'll at least rent it at some point.

Alexia Dark said:
I hope he has hidden talent and learns really fast. One of the biggest complaints I hear about the movie version of The Phantom of the Opera is that Gerard Butler's voice wasn't good enough for the Phantom, though I disagree; he just wasn't given enough time for voice training. I personally think he has the sexiest singing voice I've ever heard, he just needs to work on it some more, to sort of smooth it out. I also think that the voices of the main characters were the best things about the film. The direction and the cinematography, and even some of the sets were what was wrong with it. And the cut lyrics and changed lines and so forth.

Ok, a heck of a lot was wrong with it, but I blame it on Schumacher.
A lot of people blame Schumacher for many things. :o

ComicChick04 said:
i bought the book wicked, but have yet to read it, is it worth looking thru?

The stage show is soooo much more better then the book, I read a lot, and I got bored some part into it, but the stage version is amazing and so much more better, its worth seeing and worth the money as well, I have seen it twice now and I want to see it again.

Also anothe musical i like is The Producers, anyone else seen it? I have never laughed so much though a show its so funny.

I thought the book was better. The musical was amazing but I think the book touched upon somethings that were very interesting.

Charlie No-One said:
I thought the book was better. The musical was amazing but I think the book touched upon somethings that were very interesting.

Well yeah there was a lot more depth I would say and more school life with them growing up, also did you think the show made some good changes like the end and the connections to the lion, scarecrow etc, but there was this part where I got bored which was when Elphie stayed at this house or castle when she first made her broom fly, I found that bit a dull.
But the stage ending made me smile
she didn't deserve to die, and when Fiyero came to get her and they walked off, and when Glinda took charge and put Madam away and the Wizard left. All though it was sad as they couldn't tell Glinda that Elphie was alive

I liked some of the changes like the connections, but I liked the book ending better. It meshed better with the rest of the story.

Charlie No-One said:
I liked some of the changes like the connections, but I liked the book ending better. It meshed better with the rest of the story.

Really, it made me sad knowing that she isn't really wicked and stuff and I thought she didn't deserve it, so the stage ending made me smile and feel happier and the fact that you notice how most shows end happy as well lol.

No one likes a sad ending.
Reminds me a Producer song lol.

'Meshed better'?

She just suddenly died in an accident, almost out of nowhere. Just 'I'll save you!', BLAM! and she's gone with no resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"