The Official NHL and Hockey Thread

darkdonnie said:
Are the Flyers in the market for anyone, or are they trimming payroll? I heard they wanted Neidermeyer, and I know there calling up the two young guys along with Nittymaki.

They have Jeff Carter and Mike Richards. Two very, very good young forwards. Not to mention they have Joni Pitkanen and they have a pretty good, young squad :o

John Constantine said:
They have Jeff Carter and Mike Richards. Two very, very good young forwards. Not to mention they have Joni Pitkanen and they have a pretty good, young squad :o
they... like the rangers realized..oh ****.. we ****ed up

John Constantine said:
yeah those are the guys from the Phantoms, but something is going on with there contracts or something I heard.

I heard they already signed them. But to minimum rookie contracts......

John Constantine said:
I heard they already signed them. But to minimum rookie contracts......
maybe your right! I heard rumors about Jagr possibly staying over in Europe to play this season.

So the Flyers Signed Hatcher and Rathje, which sadly means no Neidermeyer probably.
Aucoin signed with the Blackhawks :down: !

Venom Drool said:
i really doubt florida has the money or team chemistry to do that.. nor do i think players as high caliber as naslund etc would sign with a losing franchise

Well, i will have to defend my Panthers. We have alot of salary cap space, play in sunny S. Florida, no state income tax, hot spanish women all over the place, and a good core of young players. South Florida will always attract players from all pro leagues. Both players Roberts and Nieuwendyk received twice the money and twice the years that the Leafs offered them.

Venom Drool said:
his resume is outstanding.. that remains fact.. .and unless hes packaaged perhaps... wont accept any offer under 6 mill

I think the high salaries in the NHL are over. A single player cannot make over a certain percentage of the salary cap.

More updates:
Chris Therian resigns with the Flyers!

ESPN News is reporting that Mike Modano signed with the Bruins!

a saw a blip that Holik is signing with the Atlanta Thrashers.

it'll be intresting to TunE into hockey and find out what you're talking about

danielisthor said:
a saw a blip that Holik is signing with the Atlanta Thrashers.

Yep. A three-year deal worth $4.25 million in the first year.

Kinda interesting that teams like Florida, Columbus, and Atlanta are having the first crack at FA's now...:o

Oh, and Pavol Demitra apparently signed with the LA Kings. ****! :mad: :(

John Constantine said:

Kinda interesting that teams like Florida, Columbus, and Atlanta are having the first crack at FA's now...:o

Oh, and Pavol Demitra apparently signed with the LA Kings. ****! :mad: :(

I don't know what the cap space of Columbus and Atlanta were, but Florida had barely a handful of players under contract for a total of maybe 5mil, most of their free agents are restricted so they have a lot of cap space available.

darkdonnie said:
ESPN News is reporting that Mike Modano signed with the Bruins!
I would have rathered Naslund... but Modano will do. It isn't a done deal yet... it just said "Modano is expected to sign with the Boston Bruins".

danielisthor said:
I don't know what the cap space of Columbus and Atlanta were, but Florida had barely a handful of players under contract for a total of maybe 5mil, most of their free agents are restricted so they have a lot of cap space available.

Yeah, that's what I heard too. Probably why the other big-market teams aren't signing that many players. They have a few players tied up in contracts already.....

Apparently the Flyers were looking at signing Foote but lost out :down

The Flyers traded Danny Markov to Nashville for a third round pick in 06!

And Yserman resigned for one year!

Tuesday, August 2

Atlanta Thrashers - Signed unrestricted free agent forward Bobby Holik.

Boston Bruins - Re-signed free agent winger Glen Murray. Signed free agent winger Shawn McEachern.

Calgary Flames - Signed unrestricted free agent Tony Amonte. Signed unrestricted free agent Darren McCarty.

Carolina Hurricanes - Signed unrestricted free agent Cory Stillman.

Chicago Blackhawks - Signed unrestricted free agent defenceman Adrian Aucoin.

Detroit Red Wings - Re-signed unrestricted free agent Steve Yzerman.

Florida Panthers - Signed free agents Martin Gelinas, Joel Kwiatkowski.

Los Angeles Kings - Signed winger Pavol Demitra. Signed free agent goaltender Jason LaBarbera.

Montreal Canadiens - Signed defenceman Francis Bouillon. Signed unrestricted free agent forward Peter Vandermeer.

New York Islanders - Signed unrestricted free agent defenceman Alexei Zhitnik.

New York Rangers - Re-signed restricted free agent goaltender Kevin Weekes. Signed unrestricted free agent forward Martin Straka and unrestricted free agent defenceman Marek Malik.

Ottawa Senators - Re-signed unrestricted free agent Denis Hamel.

Philadelphia Flyers - Signed unrestricted free agent defencemen Derian Hatcher, Mike Rathje and Chris Therien. Signed free agent forward Jon Sim. Traded defenceman Danny Markov to Nashville for a 3rd round pick in 2006.

St. Louis Blues - Signed free agent forward Trent Whitfield.

well at least the strike is over im getting excited for the season.

Dangit, I was hoping Atlanta would resign McEachern :(

Oh well, we've got Mellanby ready. Adding to an already great lineup.

Report:Modano inks 5-year deal with Stars
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=132175
TSN.ca Staff
8/2/2005 10:16:08 PM

After speculation that he may be on the move to another city, it appears that Mike Modano will remain - and most likely finish his career - with the Dallas Stars.

According to RDS.ca, Modano signed a five-year deal to remain with the same organization that drafted him in 1988. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

On Monday, reports indicated that Modano would sign with one of three teams that were courting the forward's services - the Boston Bruins, Atlanta Thrashers and Pittsburgh Penguins.

Drafted by the Minnesota North Stars in the 1st round (1st overall), Modano has collected 458 goals and 1106 points in 1101 career games.

Good, Modano is getting up there in age. I really didn't want him to come to Boston with some big deal.

Blues Trade Chris Pronger To Edmonton
For Defensemen Eric Brewer, Doug Lynch and Jeff Woywitka

John Constantine said:

:(
well i underrstand the tampa ba lightning is considered the campions since they were the last team to win the stanley cup before the strike

darkdonnie said:
Blues Trade Chris Pronger To Edmonton
For Defensemen Eric Brewer, Doug Lynch and Jeff Woywitka

What the ****? :mad:

Unless they're willing to sign Pronger to a long-term contract (because he does go unrestricted next year), horrible horrible trade. Particularly since we traded away three good young defensemen

:mad:

EDIT: Oh wait, now I see from sportsnet that Pronger may have signed a five-year contract.

I'm not as pissed anymore......:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"