Switch The Official Nintendo Switch Thread - Part 2

SWITCH May 10, 2019232
Mary Skelter 2 coming west for Switch

A digital-only release in the west.
Mary-Skelter-2_05-10-19.jpg

The Switch version of 3D dungeon crawler RPG Mary Skelter 2 is coming to North America and Europe via the Nintendo eShop, publisher Idea Factory International announced. It will also include the first game, Mary Skelter: Nightmares, with revamped systems and balances. It will feature English and Japanese audio, and English subtitles. A release window was not announced.

Mary Skelter 2 first launched for PlayStation 4 in Japan in July 2018, and also includes the Mary Skelter: Nightmares. A Switch version was announced for Japan in March, but has yet to be released.

Idea Factory International did not announce plans to localize the PlayStation 4 version.

Here is an overview of Mary Skelter: Nightmares and Mary Skelter 2, via Idea Factory International:

About Mary Skelter: Nightmares

Originally released for the PlayStation Vita in September 2017, in Mary Skelter: Nightmares, powerful Nightmares actively stalk the player as you run through the dungeon—fight back with the dungeons’ gimmicks or the Blood Maidens’ abilities! Using a turn-based battle system, class changes, a blood-powered transformation system, and more, you and your party must solve the dungeons’ mysteries and satisfy the prison’s desires. In Mary Skelter 2, players can play the full revamp of Mary Skelter: Nightmares!

About Mary Skelter 2

Mary Skelter 2 evolves the core elements in Mary Skelter: Nightmares to bring to you a world teeming with twists and turns, topped with a new battle feature where the previous protagonist, Jack, is now a Nightmare. Players can use his Nightmare powers to defeat enemies, but at a maddening cost. Set in an alternate reality that includes familiar characters from the first installment, players must relive the torturous dungeon experiences and find ways to feed an almost insatiable prison. Will you be able to escape this prison and find sanctuary or will you fall into the clutches of madness?

Key Features

• Don’t Go Chasing Nightmares – Each Jail has three desires that players will need to fill up to provide bonuses and satisfy the Jail’s mood. However, if the Jail’s mood worsens, players will notice a white mist, signifying that a Nightmare is near and ready to fight. If the Nightmare gets too close, players will enter “Nightmare Hunt” mode, where the Nightmare will chase you through the dungeon in real-time. Nightmares cannot be defeated unless players destroy the core of the dungeon. Otherwise, players will have to stun a Nightmare to escape!
  • Jack is a Dull Boy – Jack, the protagonist from Mary Skelter: Nightmares, has now turned into Nightmare Jack. He can still help you along the way, but be wary of his heart rate meter! Once his heart rate reaches a certain limit, he will turn into Ripper Jack, causing him to go berserk. When in Ripper Jack mode, Otsuu also risks going into Blood Skelter mode, which will cause her to go berserk too! With first game, Mary Skelter: Nightmares included, you can play through an alternate world where Jack is the main protagonist.
  • Go Directly to Jail – Add another degree of difficulty by setting dungeon conditions like “no saves or heals” with the Jail Trial battle system. Successfully completing a Jail Trial provides better item drops and more experience! Want more special bonuses to help you through dungeons? By collecting Jail Pieces, players can add these items to a randomized roulette that can have beneficial results!
  • Farm for Blood, Reap The Benefits – Use Blood Crystals to plant Blood Flowers, which can be harvested for additional items. In a dungeon area where Blood Flowers are planted, splash them with Marchen Blood by performing a critical hit on enemies during battle to get even rarer items!
Visit the official website here.

source: Gematsu - Japanese Video Game News

We have direct sign!!!

Mario Maker 2 Direct tomorrow at 3 pm PST/6 pm EST. Look forward to seeing whats new.

I was wondering when we would get SMM2 info. The game is about to be out in 6 weeks, and we have no info on it. You can’t even preorder it, which is strange. This is one of the weirdest major Nintendo releases I have ever seen.

But anyways, a Direct was needed badly for this game. I’ll be watching.

It definitely means more time for other games in the E3 direct.

Mario maker 2 looks sick! A story mode with 100+ levels made by nitendo is sick! I may just start with those levels before I even play any one else levels to give people time to come up with good levels. I suck at creating things dont have any creativity so I will play other peoples levels. VS mode is great and being able to like drive a car in levels and having super Mario 3d world is great to!

Yeah, the 100 levels in game makes the Online less necessary.

The invitational is going to be fun at E3. I enjoyed that section of the Nintendo World Championship a couple of years ago.

Loved everything they showed, but I hope there's multiplayer that doesn't require everyone to have their own Switch and copy of MM2. I'd love to play some custom levels with my friends the same way we played the NSMB games. Also hoping for better quality control when it comes to selecting random levels for you to play, stopped using hard mode in the previous game very quickly because the random selection would frequently pick troll levels with a 0.01% clear rate.

Last edited:
I still play Mario Maker 1 to this day, so I'm stoked for all of these new features. Now that the Switch has both Smash and Mario Maker, I can now box up my Wii U, and put it in the closet. I only have it hooked up to still play Mario Maker. I'll also continue to play with my Wii U Pro Controller, as the d-pad is far superior to the Switch Pro Controller. I'll also probably pick up the $70 version, and stack it onto my online.

I will say, the $100 voucher is highly tempting. Especially with the games it has listed.

You have to buy the voucher by the end of July, and it expires within a year that you buy it. So its a limited deal with an expiration date. Keep that in mind.

Yeah, I'm aware. But considering Ultimate Alliance and Astral Chain are on the list, I would use it fairly quickly.

Mario Maker 2 does look damn awesome. I’ll grab it for sure.

2 days ago
NINTENDO LABO Director Shares Some Insights About The Brand-New VR Kit
Nintendo has just shared the first video in a Nintendo Labo mini series, which features Director Tsubasa Sakaguchi; who shares some insights about the brand-new VR KitRead more

| 5/20/2019
Filed Under: "Nintendo" Source: Nintendo
15926.jpg

Nintendo was really onto something very special when they first thought about the idea of Nintendo Labo, a software that allows players to make their own games and creative inventions using cardboard sheets that are included in the package.

Some players have gone as far as making their own cardboard constructs; making new things that further prove how versatile and fun Nintendo Labo can be; although, it is worth mentioning that the software isn't too user-friendly, but with a bit of practice any one can master it.

Today, Nintendo has released the first video in a new Nintendo Labo mini series called "Director Insights". In this first episode, Nintendo Labo Director Tsubasa Sakaguchi introduces us to the brand-new Toy-Con 04: VR Kit, as well as showing us some of the 64 VR Plaza mini games; promising that there will be even more of those mini games coming out in the future.
Nintendo was really onto something very special when they first thought about the idea of Nintendo Labo, a software that allows players to make their own games and creative inventions using cardboard sheets that are included in the package.

Some players have gone as far as making their own cardboard constructs; making new things that further prove how versatile and fun Nintendo Labo can be; although, it is worth mentioning that the software isn't too user-friendly, but with a bit of practice any one can master it.

Today, Nintendo has released the first video in a new Nintendo Labo mini series called "Director Insights". In this first episode, Nintendo Labo Director Tsubasa Sakaguchi introduces us to the brand-new Toy-Con 04: VR Kit, as well as showing us some of the 64 VR Plaza mini games; promising that there will be even more of those mini games coming out in the future.

Check it out:

Stop an alien invasion, paint like an elephant, create your own VR games, and more! Nintendo Labo: VR Kit combines the innovative physical and digital gameplay of Nintendo Labo with basic VR technology to create a simple and shareable virtual reality experience for kids and families. Watch the full video to see what else you can do with the Nintendo Labo: VR Kit

Nintendo Labo - Toy-Con 04: VR Kit wis currently available.

source: GameFragger.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Trailers and more!

safe_image.php

SWITCH May 23, 201925
DC Universe Online coming to Switch this summer
Free-to-play massively multiplayer online game adds another platform.
DCUO-Switch_05-23-19.jpg

DC Universe Online is coming to Switch this summer, developer Daybreak Game Company announced.

The DC Universe-themed, free-to-play massively multiplayer online game first launched for PlayStation 3 and PC in January 2011, followed by PlayStation 4 in November 2013 and Xbox One in April 2016.

Here is a brief overview of the game, via its PlayStation Store page:

DC Universe Online is free-to-play! Join thousands of other players in a massive online action game set in the popular DC Comics universe. Create and customize your own powerful Hero or Villain and experience true action combat as you fight alongside and against legendary characters such as Batman, Superman, The Joker and Lex Luthor. Become a part of our thriving community at DCUniverseOnline.com! Please note the download could take several hours, but it’s worth the wait!

Watch the Switch version announcement trailer below.

Thanks, CBR.

source: Gematsu - Japanese Video Game News

We have Direct sing!!!

The week before E3, now that is another game that is freeing more time for the e3 presentation.

CD Projekt to launch Witcher 3 game for Nintendo Switch in 2019 (Bloomberg). Not sure if that's old news as I'm not up to date on E3. (the news just flashed up for me so I thought I'd pass on just in case).

Zelda and Panzer Dragoon are my two favorite game series of all time so, yeah, Nintendo's E3 presentation absolutely slayed me.

And a dungeon creator in Link's Awakening HD? Are you freaking kidding me?

They just said they're going to update Mario Maker 2, so you can play with friends online. Not sure when the update will be released, but they said they're working on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"