Switch The Official Nintendo Switch Thread - Part 2

I love my Switch but I have no idea what games I am supposed to look forward to this year.

Which is fine, I guess, I still need to get around to Astral Chain, Link's Awakening, and Luigi's Mansion.

Astral chain is flat out amazing been stuck on the file boss for like ever though need to lower difficulty or i will never beat it but yeah game is amazing great combat, music and good story. LM3 is my first Luigi's mansion game i have played and i have been enjoying it still got to beat it.

Tomorrow is the 3rd Birthday of the Switch and BotW...hope we‘ll get at least some news soon
Right now the only game I‘m looking forward this year is the remake of Seiken Densetsu 3...and it’s not even a Nintendo exclusive

So tomorrow switch will be 3 years old here is a little like recap of what i have on the switch. Most played game BOTW 250 hours. Top 3 favorite games in order. BOTW, Splatoon 2, Astral chain. don't have any wii u ports has i had a wii u unlike a lot of people lol. Own 18 games 15 physical 3 digital. I always like Physical but there are 3 i have that are digital only. 13 of the 18 games are exclusive games. I don't normally buy multi platform games on switch has i have a ps4 and games tend to look/play better on ps4 and i almost never play in handheld mode always had a hard time playing on like a 4 inch screen when i can play on a tv. Out of the 5 games i have that are not exclusive 3 of them are games that at first were only on xbox one but later came to switch but never came to ps4. Out of the other 2 one of them i got on switch because it had a physical version with dlc that the ps4 version did not have that game is hat in time has it never got the dlc on ps4. The other game i got on switch because it came with stuff on switch that the other console versions didn't get and that is star link game with its star fox stuff. After 3 years I would say switch is already a top 3 all time console for me and still has time to get higher. For only 3 years the switch already has a incredible amount of games. That 13 exclusives is already like 1 more then i have on ps4 and ps4 has been out way longer. Just need a new dk game.

Arms is finally getting a character. :funny:

I do wonder how much the pandemic is affecting development. It is nice that they finally released a direct, but there wasn't anything super exciting. The June Direct will probably be a bit clearer on new stuff, as the pandemic is factored in.

Mario sunshine! Yes! And playing Mario 64 would make me so happy with nostalgia.

I would really love to see a new paper Mario too. Hope they announce soon!

I think the main thing I want to be true is the new Paper Mario going back to the gameplay of the first two, those two games were masterpieces, Thousand Year Door in particular was easily one of my favorite games of the gamecube era, second only to Wind Waker.

Last edited:
I never played the Galaxy games, because I hated the Wiimote. Hopefully this rumor turns out true.

Yeah I just want to see Toad Town again. That’s what I want

I, uhhh, may be spending $100 for that Bowser's Castle...

**** you Nintendo, teasing a Mario 2 mode. That better be in Mario Maker 3, you jerks.

Still, a lot of cool stuff in there.

Nintendo accounts are getting hijacked—including one of ours

Throughout the month of April, and particularly this weekend, users of online Nintendo accounts on devices like the Switch have reported receiving email notices that their accounts have been accessed by outside parties. Our ability to verify these claims was bolstered by an unfortunate intrusion on Monday: the hijacking of an Ars Technica staffer's account.

A few years ago I had to part with my switch to pay a big bill that came up at the last minute and it happened when I was out of work on medical leave. I plan on getting a new one now that there are a lot more games out so hopefully in 2 weeks or so (my bday is on the 23rd) and I usually get a check from my dad and with a gift card I got from work I should be able to get it for about 100 off not bad!

Hope you can find one, I hear that they have been in demand recently.

A few years ago I had to part with my switch to pay a big bill that came up at the last minute and it happened when I was out of work on medical leave. I plan on getting a new one now that there are a lot more games out so hopefully in 2 weeks or so (my bday is on the 23rd) and I usually get a check from my dad and with a gift card I got from work I should be able to get it for about 100 off not bad!
Ah sorry to hear that and I hope you manage to get one. :up:

yeah if all goes well 2 weeks I have a new one I wish I had mine back mine had the ones with the 2 'mario red' joy cons instead of all gray or neon red/blue.

beating-a-hard-level.jpg

figures that I have extra money to spend on a Switch and NONE are available either in store or online (unless you count the scalpers lowest I seen em go for is 100/150 over MSRP!) if anybody knows a legit source where I can get one A: new and B: for the 299 price please let me know *sigh*.

figures that I have extra money to spend on a Switch and NONE are available either in store or online (unless you count the scalpers lowest I seen em go for is 100/150 over MSRP!) if anybody knows a legit source where I can get one A: new and B: for the 299 price please let me know *sigh*.

That be quarantine life.

Sadly, it sounds like we will not get a June Direct, like we would with E3, due to the corporate lifestyle at Nintendo slowing a lot of things down.

I don’t think they‘ll be absent on whatever E3 will be this time.
They can‘t rely on the success of Animal Crossing in 2020.
Paper Mario is nice, and I‘ll probably get it, but that’s not enough to compete against when Sony and Microsoft will take over media.
I don’t think they‘ll stay calm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"