The Official Nintendo Switch Thread - Part 2

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Thread Manager, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Sithborg

Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

Not as big as I hoped. But it is a direct.

2. spiderman2

spiderman2 Well-Known Member

Nothing in there that I am interested in. Ports of DKTF and HW I already have them on wii u and seeing DK in the Mario Rabbit game and a port of DKTF hurts. Why Nintendo why must you do this to me? 2 DK related things but no new DK game.

3. X Knight

X Knight Hope

Hyrule Warriors is one of the Wii U games I wanted to play and was hoping it would get a Switch release.

also, the Mario Tennis game looks like it could be fun.

so good news for me.

4. Sithborg

Good to get a date for Kirby, though. It is a fairly solid spring lineup.

It is good to see updates and DLC for Poken and Odyssey. I am real interested in Mario Tennis. And I will rebuy Hyrule Warriors, since I never got the 3DS stuff.

I will keep an eye on The World Ends With You and YS.

Yeah, it isn't the big guns, but there is enough variety to continue the momentum of the Switch.

5. Travesty

Travesty Well-Known Member

I still have my Wii U hooked up, so I don't care about DKCTF, as I still own it. I was hoping for some VC updates, and maybe some news on a new Smash or Mario Maker 2. Not a fan of Kirby, so meh.

Absolutely nothing stood out that I wanted to play or get. Maybe Fe? Oh well....

Oh, and if Mario Tennis is anything like the Wii U version, I would skip. You should definitely wait on reviews before you buy.

6. LibidoLoca

LibidoLoca Sensually Delicious

Fe looked very interesting. As someone who doesn't own a Wii U, the ports are exciting since I never got to experience those games. I still have to get Splatoon 2 and Pokken Tournament Deluxe though. But Tropical Freeze and Hyrule Warriors are great additions to the library as well. Also Dark Souls Remastered (I honestly thought it would be a Bayonetta trailer from the wicked line).

7. Matt Mortem

Matt Mortem RIP Hype Forums

Loved most of what I saw. I sold my Wii U so I'm stoked for ports of those great Wii U games I enjoyed before. I always wanted to play The World Ends With You so that's an awesome announcement. I do hope there's an alternative to the touch controls and motion with the joycon. Playing it on the go like that, sans stylus, seems like it'd be a pain in the ass. It seems like the touch requires a bit of precision that your finger just can't handle as well as a stylus.

I'm glad they finally confirmed Dark Souls for Switch. I know rumors started swirling pretty early on in the Switch's life that Dark Souls was runable on the Switch, but a confirmation is nice. Never played the first Dark Souls so I'll grab it. From what I saw on Gamestop it's only $40 which is terrific. I love these sort of budget priced ports and remasters that are becoming a big thing in the gaming industry.

8. LibidoLoca

I'm hoping Mario Tennis Aces is good.

9. Matt Mortem

I'm not 100% sold on Mario Tennis Aces. The one for the Wii U was so shallow and dull. It stopped being fun less than an hour into playing it. I'll definitely be waiting for reviews for Aces.

10. LibidoLoca

I'm hoping Camelot got it together for this one. It would be cool if they took inspiration from the handheld Mario games (maybe a little Tennis RPG) for this iteration since it's on a part-handheld system. Yeah Fe is definitely a must purchase cause it looks really good, but it's EA... conflicting.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  11. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

That new Mario oddysey update sounds fun. I love green Mario!

And funky Kong is so fly he's going to make you say "damn that's funky!"

12. LibidoLoca

Well I actually agree on the Funky is the game's new Easy mode analysis that's going around.

13. rashad

rashad Hype Board Junkie

Please note this was a Nintendo Direct MINI. This wasn't meant to be a full-blown Direct.

14. CB Fan

CB Fan The Watcher

Looking forward to Pokken updates though I wish mew was actually playable. Happy to also see DK:F and Madio Odyssey update.

15. Travesty

I was hoping that Luigi would be playable in Odyssey, but oh well. That DLC didn't really excite me.

16. Matt Mortem

I kinda prefer this mini direct format. I felt like they didn't waste as much time with relentlessly dull gameplay demos. I tune into Directs for announcements so I'd rather they just sling out a handful of announcements and be done with it.

17. Travesty

I don't mind the mini-aspect to it, I was just disappointed that I didn't see anything I wanted to play.

Super Meat Boy just dropped on the eShop, and I'm wondering if I want to buy it again, and try to 100% it, or just wait for it to go on sale? :hmm

18. Sithborg

There will likely will be a bigger direct next month to hype up Kirby a bit more. And then a Kirby only direct in March.

19. Matt Mortem

I'm gonna wait for it to go on sale. I own it on other platforms. It's a great game and I eventually want it on Switch, but I can wait.

20. Sithborg

I had forgotten how much they added to the 3DS version of Hyrule Legends. Definitely picking it up.

21. Matt Mortem

I think it'd be interesting to see a port of Wario Land Shake It on Switch. It had a gorgeous art style and the motion stuff wasn't too obnoxious.

22. LibidoLoca

At least a sequel.

23. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Oh heavens I feel spoiled! I was happy with that one!

What a wonderful time to be a Nintendo fan

24. Sithborg

I will say, they have learned a great way to market their games. Even the smaller, indie titles.

25. KillerMcQueen

KillerMcQueen Mortal-ish

Yeah, I really liked how this got straight to the point, just a quick video showing off a bunch of upcoming games.