The Dark Knight Rises The Official Nolan-Trilogy Nitpick thread!

InBeforeTheLockgif.gif

Why should it be locked? People were complaining about peoples complains so I thought id make a compilation thread lol.

John Blake should've been Dick Grayson or Terry McGinnis! I need to make this small wink to the fans a big deal!

How come Bane doesn't look like a luchadore? Ever since he was announced as the villain for this movie he's been my favourite Batman villain and it's an injustice that they'd remove his stupid looking mask!

Nolan's Batman isn't the REAL Batman.

Batman looks like a bobblehead.

I don't think any of the GA would know any name but Robin :woot:

Why did Bruce build a massive rising platform in the BatCave when he didn't even have the Bat?

.... yes that is genuine.

Why did Bruce build a massive rising platform in the BatCave when he didn't even have the Bat?

.... yes that is genuine.

Why did he build anything at all in that Batcave if he gave up being Batman the night Dent died?

Maybe it was built during the time in between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.

Why did he build anything at all in that Batcave if he gave up being Batman the night Dent died?

The only info we know is that Bruce was a recluse for 3 years we don't know he gave up instantly, anyways Alfred said that Bruce didn't move on so he probably built it waiting for things to go bad again.

Anyway lets not get too off topic.

Why should it be locked? People were complaining about peoples complains so I thought id make a compilation thread lol.

You make threads like a younger man, with nothing held back. Admirable, but mistaken.

:cwink:

"Batman should not be happy"
"Batman can't retire"
"Gotham can't be crime free"
"Marion Cottilard has still french accent, flawed acting and weak character in the movie "
"Talia must love Bruce Wayne"
"Bane's plans are weak"
"Nuclear bomb, cliche script"
"Terrorist can't hold such the city for moths"
"Bane can't be henchman.. Talia made him weak villain"
"Bane is henchmen, not strong villain like Joker"
"Marion Cottilard didn't care about the character"
"Script has many plot holes..."
"Nolan rushed the script"

Why is Bane's voice so inconsistent??!?!? WORST MOVIE EVAR!!!11

Came on the forums to ask this and don't know where else to put it:

How could Batman survive a knife-twist? According to Face/Off, the wound wouldn't heal, so how could Batman have dived out of the Bat, swam back to shore and healed himself (that too, using which procedure)? Unless it happened different to how I imagined it. I didn't get every line of dialogue towards the end so I don't know if there was some kind of explanation for that when Fox talks to the Wayne technicians.

Came on the forums to ask this and don't know where else to put it:

How could Batman survive a knife-twist? According to Face/Off, the wound wouldn't heal, so how could Batman have dived out of the Bat, swam back to shore and healed himself (that too, using which procedure)? Unless it happened different to how I imagined it. I didn't get every line of dialogue towards the end so I don't know if there was some kind of explanation for that when Fox talks to the Wayne technicians.

Even though this isn't actually a thread for nitpicking I will answer this - The armor is still armor. It may be more vulnerable to knives but it would still protect the wound being as deep as what it would be if he was just wearing a jacket. It would still be very painfull though.

Bane's not a villain.
Marketing treated him as one.
Arrest me, yeah, I'm a commie ;)

He was itching to get back on the streets. Remember, he was eager to go after Bane. It was probably a diversion for Bruce.

The only info we know is that Bruce was a recluse for 3 years we don't know he gave up instantly, anyways Alfred said that Bruce didn't move on so he probably built it waiting for things to go bad again.

The movie tells us the last sighting of Batman was the night Dent died. There was no reported sightings of him since. Alfred said he hung up his cape and his cowl but he didn't move on, meaning he didn't move on to build a new life for himself. Not that he was still doing Batman related activities. He just stayed in a state of misery for years shut off from everyone.

He was itching to get back on the streets. Remember, he was eager to go after Bane. It was probably a diversion for Bruce.

Really? Because it looked to me like the stern words from Blake were what shook him out of his rut. Someone who is itching to get back on the streets doesn't leave himself hobbling about on a cane for years. They keep themselves fit and at their peak so they can be ready to get back on the streets. He told Gordon "What if he doesn't exist any more?". He told Lucius he was retired. That's the worst enthusiasm I've ever heard lol.

If that's what you call someone who is itching to get back on the streets then I'd hate to see him when he's unenthusiastic :cwink:

The movie tells us the last sighting of Batman was the night Dent died. There was no reported sightings of him since. Alfred said he hung up his cape and his cowl but he didn't move on, meaning he didn't move on to build a new life for himself. Not that he was still doing Batman related activities. He just stayed in a state of misery for years shut off from everyone.

The last "confirmed" sighting. I think there's a hint of ambiguity in that line, although I don't personally believe he was out in full costume between the two movies.

I do think he used the cave at some point though, probably keeping an eye on things in Gotham. Alfred's line, "You haven't been down here in a long time" confirms that Bruce had been down there doing stuff at some point or another, since that cave did not exist in the TDK-era.

Also, we have no idea when the Dent act was passed. I'd like to think the order went something like:

-Batman takes the fall for Harvey
-The new batcave is built in the new Wayne Manor, Bruce keeps an eye on things but activity is slow in the time period following TDK.
-Dent Act is passed, within a year of its institution the streets start getting cleaner
-Bruce realizes there's truly no longer a need for a Batman, and the lie to keep Dent Gotham's hero has paid off.
-Still having an itch to help where he can, he turns to philanthropy and takes on Miranda Tate's clean energy project at Wayne Enterprises.
-Pavel writes a paper about how it can be turned into a nuke, Bruce halts the project (I can just see him reading that paper in the Bat-cave)
-Bruce becomes the bitter recluse we see in TDKR and starts wasting away

Last edited:
I don't think there's any ambiguity in that line at all. Confirmed sighting is confirmed sighting. Any criminals Batman took down can confirm they were taken down by him. But nobody else sighted him since that night. The movie is peppered with dialogue that pretty much tells you once Dent died Batman was done.

The cave very much existed in the TDK era. The cave was not destroyed in the fire of Wayne Manor. Bruce just used the bunker in the city because it was handier to get to since he was living in a penthouse in Gotham, too. It would be too time consuming and awkward to keep going out to Wayne Manor and then back again. Dent makes a joke about Wayne Manor even not being in the city limits. It's obviously not close by. Hence why Bruce goes to the bunker when Gotham is sealed off in TDKR. I'd say it's because Wayne Manor is inaccessible. Alfred saying "You haven't been down here in a long time" doesn't mean he was down there making improvements to the cave the last time he was down there.

When Bane exposes the truth about Dent didn't Blake say to Gordon "Those men locked up for eight years in Blackgate, and denied parole under the Dent Act, based on a lie?".

I don't think there's any ambiguity in that line at all. Confirmed sighting is confirmed sighting. Any criminals Batman took down can confirm they were taken down by him. But nobody else sighted him since that night. The movie is peppered with dialogue that pretty much tells you once Dent died Batman was done.

I think Bruce realized there wasn't any point in Batman surfacing. It would keep reminding the people of the villain that was still out there when they should be reminded of Dent's legacy and keeping true to it.

Plus, Batman's final job was to inspire Gotham. The lie was the impetus of the inspiration. And in turn it corrupted them. Joker did somewhat win at the end of the film. He made Gordon and Batman damaged goods.

This one is serious: There is only a few interviews from cast. There are dozens of interviews for Marvel movies...but there are only a few(on same day) for TDKR. I like those promotion stuff. :yay:

The worst response to nitpicks are "Well cause he's the goddamn Batman".

Basically the equivalent of "Hey look over there" *Runs away as persons back is turned*

Even though this isn't actually a thread for nitpicking I will answer this - The armor is still armor. It may be more vulnerable to knives but it would still protect the wound being as deep as what it would be if he was just wearing a jacket. It would still be very painfull though.
...For you.

Hearing/seeing how Dangerous Bane was from Alfred and the surveillance footage at the stock exchange, along with what happened to Gordon was pretty much the breaking point for Bruce's return, despite Alfred's pleading with him not to.

If Alfred wouldn't have been so against the idea of a comeback, Bruce would have jumped back into the suit instantly. But out of respect to Alfred, he had to see just how much of a threat Bane was/could be.

Bruce Wayne: If this man is everything that you say he is, then this city needs me.

I feel that this is a redundant thread. The entire board is a nitpick thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"