The Official "Ohhhmerrgerrd Panic" Thread

It's disappointing. I think Wright was a perfect mix for Ant-Man's mad scientist/superhero style, but I don't think it means this movie can't be salvaged and turned into something special. There are a lot of great directors out there who could work.

It is my hope that names for potential directors might start surfacing tomorrow.
Get it done quickly.

What about that guy who was helming "The Runaways"? I think he's on retainer for directorial debut in the MCU.

I'm worried that this will be a train-wreck and a blemish on Marvel Studios record.

But I'm not panicked. Mostly because I'm not a huge fan of Ant-Man.

Michele McClaren. She's directed episodes of Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones. She's quality and needs a first film opportunity.

Michele McClaren. She's directed episodes of Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones. She's quality and needs a first film opportunity.

I agree in the sense that she and more female directors need major motion picture opportunities, but I disagree in the sense that I don't think anyone deserves to have their first major motion picture director job be coming onto a sinking ship at the eleventh hour and performing triage on the production. That's just cruel.

I agree in the sense that she and more female directors need major motion picture opportunities, but I disagree in the sense that I don't think anyone deserves to have their first major motion picture director job be coming onto a sinking ship at the eleventh hour and performing triage on the production. That's just cruel.

I don't think it is a sinking ship. All marvel projects have pretty big feel as you go, schedules as well. So really any Marvel gig wouldn't be that different. The only thing is she wouldn't get to make casting decisions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"