The Official PHOTOS Thread

Angamb

Avenger
Reaction score
There is an official News and Set pics thread, but there wasnt one for the official pics and promotional shots, so like none had created yet, here it is! :woot:

- Official Photos to date:

Chris-Hemsworth-Thor.jpg

4793527134_919713be81_z.jpg

MAN-14499RTake1_1279598143.jpg

13790L.JPG

thorx-large-1.jpg

Wow, never saw that last one. I guess it must be new. Jesus H. Christ, Hemsworth is huge. :wow:

Wow, never saw that last one. I guess it must be new. Jesus H. Christ, Hemsworth is huge. :wow:
Tellin ya man EVERY time I go to work another pics pops up....I'm off tonight so watch nothing will show up

It's all the build-up toward Comic-Con. You know they're gonna drop a ton of stuff on us in that Thor/Cap panel. :up:

You might as well put the costume concept art in here too, because this is the first place people would think to look for it.

As good as the chain mail looks, I want him to go bare armed for the Avengers.

He is JACKED

Yeah, I was in favor of the mail because I figured they could pad Hemsworth's arms if he didn't get big enough for the movie. But as of that last pic, I don't think there's any doubt that he definitely got big enough to do without padding. :up:

They probably filmed the Asgard/Armor scenes first while Chris was still jacking up those massive pythons!!!!!! so they could do these scenes afterwards.

That last picture will have everyone smiling :)

Triple H who!?!?!?!

Nah, nothing pleases everyone. I'm waiting for someone to come along and suggest how much bigger Hemsworth could've been if he'd just taken some steroids. :doh:

As good as the chain mail looks, I want him to go bare armed for the Avengers.

He is JACKED

Same here. He actually looks smaller with the mail than bare armed. If he has the muscle, he might as well show it off. Plus I think it will give him a more classic look, not just in terms of the comic but even just for a classic viking/ barbarian feel.

The Destroyer pic. is still floating around the internet, but it has been banned from being posted on Superherohype, as it has not been approved by Marvel as an official image that they want to have released.

Surfer

This thread should have been a no discussion one; Just official photos...Like we did with Iron Man 2.

High-res versions of the first 4
man2ndunit0001r1.jpg

6a00d8341c630a53ef01348l.jpg

thorhr1.jpg

thorhr2.jpg

Technically not official but there's also these
hiemdall.jpg

sifp.jpg

God, this thread reminds me of just how good this week has been to us thus far.

:up:

Yeah, it has been an extremely exciting week, and I want it to keep coming. However, at some point in time I hope I don't overdose on news and photos and ruin the movie for myself.

Surfer

Considering the barren months were we've got nothing, I'm fine with gorging myself on new pics, footage and information.

Screw the consequences - gimme it all now!!! lol.

Actually, to be fair, I've never found prior knowledge of a movies 'ins and outs' to ever ruin the experience for me.

Yeah, I suppose seeing more footage would not hurt. I mean afterall if I like a movie sometimes I will go and see it more then once. So, by my analogy I would dislike seeing the same movie the second and third time, which is not the case. So, I guess what I am trying to say is bring it on. :yay:

Surfer

I have been waiting for that last pic. A pic that shows how big Chris really got for the film. He is the perfect Thor, IMO. He looks beefed up and dense (but agile, like a linebacker) like how I imagined.

Last edited:
If there was any doubt in my mind that Chris Hemsworth is perfect for Thor, it has been laid to rest by that picture.
Good NIGHT he is big

thorx-large-1.jpg

This pics makes me scared for the movie, as by just looking at it i can see the all movie...and i don´t like it....one bit.
And it screams King Arthur and the sword in the stone.

Just by looking at the pic, the movie will be more of less this one:

Thor is stripped-down of his godly powers and sent to Earth (so, no Donald Blake), and only when he is able to lift Mjolnir once again, do his powers return.
The question that remains is, is he sent to Earth by Odin like in the comics, for a lesson in humility; or is he or Odin tricked by Loki....i fear is the last one.
That´s why the Entertainment Tonight video of the movie has Thor running around with regular clothes and fighting like a normal human.

You can see the video here and the fight is at 3:08

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX4KtF0Xnc0&feature=player_embedded#!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"