The Official Pirates of the Caribbean 2 Picture, News and Information Thread!

hunter rider said:
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=10901

First Pics From Pirates Sequel

Source: ComingSoon.net
August 22, 2005

The first seven pictures from Walt Disney Pictures' Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest have been revealed. Directed by Gore Verbinski, the sequel will hit theaters on July 7, 2006.

In the action-adventure follow-up, Johnny Depp returns as Captain Jack Sparrow and is caught in yet another tangled web of supernatural intrigue. It turns out, Captain Jack owes a blood debt to the legendary Davey Jones, ruler of the ocean depths and captain of the ghostly Flying Dutchman. If Jack can't figure a crafty way out of this one, he'll be cursed to an afterlife of eternal servitude and damnation. And as if that weren't enough, Captain Jack's problems throw a huge wrench into the wedding plans of the blissful Will Turner (Orlando Bloom) and Elizabeth Swann (Keira Knightley), who quickly find themselves thrust into Jack's misadventures.

pirates21.jpg

pirates26.jpg

pirates22.jpg

pirates25.jpg

pirates27.jpg

pirates23.jpg

pirates24.jpg
link, please. All I see are red dots

Interesting. So he's not dead.

"That's very interesting" -Jack Sparrow

Thanks for posting the teaser poster! I'm so excited!

Looks like Barbossa and Bootstrap Bill are going to be in this movie.

Will Turner needs to grow a f'in beard! Not some thin goatee, but an actual beard!:mad:

That's all you have to say about these pictures?!?!

why is elizabeth under arrest??

I don't know. That's what we're going to find out in 2006!

Cool pics,thanks Gamma:up: .......needs more Sparrow though:)

I watched the original before it was released in cinemas - I got a pirate copy.*

BWA-HA-HA-HA-HAAAAAAAAAA

*This statement is intended as humour and has no basis in fact. Neither Kevin Roegele or the Ultimate Warrior endose video and DVD piracy.

hunter rider said:
Cool pics,thanks Gamma:up: .......needs more Sparrow though:)

Agreed! All they gave me was a picture with him in the background!

Found these really good Q&As.

Q: So is Keith Richards going to be in the sequel(s)?
A: So far, the Two Ts (Ted Eliott and Terry Rossio) have said no; Lately however, Johnny Depp has been saying in interviews that he’s hoping Keith will be in the third film. (KR can’t be in the second one because he’ll be on tour.)

Q: Wait a second… Why the heck is Barbossa back? Isn’t he, like, dead?
A: Apparently, Davey Jones has an army of the undead, which explains why he’s being featured in the two sequels. Also the monkey has nothing to do with Barbossa being in the sequel. He died when Jack shot him, and the curse was lifted. Only Jack the monkey is affected by the curse, since he took a coin directly from the chest.

Q: But, but – Stellan Skarsgard looks NOTHING like Orlando Bloom!
A: Stellan is getting, shall we say, an extreme makeover. (Myself, I don't know HOW extreme, because I didn't read the huge spoiler over at Ain't It Cool, but if you want to read what he looks like, head over there.)

Q: My cousin’s best friend’s sister’s boyfriend worked for a day on the set and he said that there’s a role for Jack’s long-lost daughter…so is it true?
A: No. No mention is made of any other members of Jack’s family. That whole ‘Cora Sparrow’ post IMDB has is a joke someone decided to play on gulible people who don't know that whatever info is submitted is never checked. That’s how the Rent page ended up with, ‘James Earl Jones… Tom Collins’, at one time. So say it with me THERE IS NO CHARACTER CALLED CORA SPARROW IN THIS MOVIE!

Q: Since Bootstrap Bill is in this movie, won't there be flashbacks, 'cause he's dead and all?
A: First of all, there are no flashbacks in DMC. Let me repeat: NO FLASHBACKS! Bootstrap Bill could have very well survived, given that he had years to untie himself from the cannon. Then again, he could also be somehow apart of Davey Jones's army of the undead, given that he wasn't just thrown underwater at first, but to the crushing oblivion of the deepest depths of the ocean....

Q: Who is Tia Dalma?
A: One creepy lady, that's who. She's a clairvoyant, a practitioner of voodoo and she's got a history with our Captain Sparrow. She also "sees something" in Will (paraphrasing anon22). Also, according to anon22: "Her role in the story is essentially that of a fortune teller, -someone that the main characters go to for advice on how to proceed in their quest. It's a relatively small role in Dead Man's Chest but grows more prominent in the third film."

Gamma Ray said:
Found these really good Q&As.
Q: Who is Tia Dalma?
A: One creepy lady, that's who. She's a clairvoyant, a practitioner of voodoo and she's got a history with our Captain Sparrow. She also "sees something" in Will (paraphrasing anon22). Also, according to anon22: "Her role in the story is essentially that of a fortune teller, -someone that the main characters go to for advice on how to proceed in their quest. It's a relatively small role in Dead Man's Chest but grows more prominent in the third film."

Tia Dalma = The Oracle
Jack Sparrow = Han Solo
Will Turner = Luke Skywalker

http://comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=11543

Keira Knightley Reveals Pirates Scene

Source: MTV, iF Magazine
October 13, 2005

pirates2story.jpg

Keira Knightley spilled the beans to MTV on a new character in one of the two "Pirates of the Caribbean" sequels.

"I had my first day back [recently], because we had a little bit of a break over the summer. My first day back was being dragged across the deck by an invisible giant squid, invisible because it's being put in by CGI afterwards," Knightley giggled.

"So I just spent the entire time pretending that it was tentacles everywhere, and the director was running around going, 'I'm a tentacle, I'm a tentacle.' It takes a little bit of an imagination; I have no idea what it's going to look like, but hopefully it'll be cool."

Meanwhile, the films' director Gore Verbinski told iF Magazine that they are "a quarter of the way through the third one and three quarters of the way through the second one. It's madness."

"We actually have a pretty good second script and the third script is still on the operating table," he added. "And we're in triage constantly, everyday. I don't recommend making two movies at once. I think that we're going to get there, but it's just madness...There's a lot of fun and I think that the second movie is strong and clever and has a lot going on. The third movie we're still working on."

Verbinski also commented on the rumor that the production is still trying to get Keith Richards to play Captain Jack Sparrow's (Johnny Depp) dad in the sequels. "We hope so," he says. "We're trying to work out his dates. We all want it to work, but it's his tour dates and his lawyers."

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest will hit theaters on July 7, 2006, while Pirates of the Caribbean 3 is coming in summer 2007.

hmmm... sooo... I still don´t know if the two sequels are related to each other? i mean, like Back to the Future 2 & 3...

Because i don´t really like all this "filming both at the same time" deal... It sounds like we´ll be getting a "To be concluded" ending in the 2nd...

the Pirates sequels should be more like Indiana Jones. Same characters, different stories. That´s all.

(and in my perfect world... Will Turner and Elizabeth will die in the opening credits...)

I want a teaser,Oh and Will looks like he needs some sunscreen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"