Playstation The Official Playstation 5 Thread

It will be good being able to dive into games much more quickly.

Load times are the one thing that really keep me from switching games on the same console too often.

Yeah. It’s good to get quality of life improvements along with graphics and gameplay improvements.

$400 would definitely be the sweet spot. Based on the specs, I'm expecting PS5 to be cheaper than the Series X.

of course, Series X could be $600, meaning a $500 PS5 would still be cheaper. However, I think $600 is too high and MS would be pricing themselves out of the market.

so, I'm thinking $500 for Series X and $400 for PS5.

$400 would definitely be the sweet spot. Based on the specs, I'm expecting PS5 to be cheaper than the Series X.

of course, Series X could be $600, meaning a $500 PS5 would still be cheaper. However, I think $600 is too high and MS would be pricing themselves out of the market.

so, I'm thinking $500 for Series X and $400 for PS5.
yeah, $500 sounds about right. there is no way mS is gonna price the Series X at $600. All that is gonna do is bring back bad Ps3 memories.

$399 would be a great price.

the dedicated gamerbase will show up to buy the new consoles, no matter the price or economic/social conditions.

but I agree, for the average consumer, it's going to be a hard sell to get them to spend money on an expensive console, especially in this environment. it will be tough on the dedicated gamerbase, too, but they are more likely to still buy the new consoles.

that's why I think any price above $500 would be a no-go.

I feel like Sony should just save this til neXt year.

Also, I imagine the big games that were supposed to come out in late 2020 are now behind schedule because of the coronavirus and videogames get delayed all the time. After all video game companies s aren't considered essential business and like movies, I cant imagine hundreds of people polishing a videogame straight from home.

the dedicated gamerbase will show up to buy the new consoles, no matter the price or economic/social conditions.

but I agree, for the average consumer, it's going to be a hard sell to get them to spend money on an expensive console, especially in this environment. it will be tough on the dedicated gamerbase, too, but they are more likely to still buy the new consoles.

that's why I think any price above $500 would be a no-go.
$500 is the max. Any more and any next gen console now would attract unwanted negative publicity.

Last edited:
I fear 3rd parties are gonna develop toward the common denominator, whether that’s the Xbox with its slower read speeds or even the PC with old mechanical hard drives. 1st party will take all the advantages.
thats almost always been the case

I feel like Sony should just save this til neXt year.

Also, I imagine the big games that were supposed to come out in late 2020 are now behind schedule because of the coronavirus and videogames get delayed all the time. After all video game companies s aren't considered essential business and like movies, I cant imagine hundreds of people polishing a videogame straight from home.
good point.

they may be able to get the hardware out on schedule for launch, but who knows if the launch titles will be ready? And launching a new console without launch titles is kind of meaningless.

so, yeah, if this crisis drags on and starts affecting the release date of the launch titles, then that could affect the launch of the new consoles themselves.

also, now that TLOU2, one of Sony's big titles for the PS4 this year, has been delayed indefinitely, they may want to reconsider the launch of PS5 to give TLOU2 more breathing room to sell on the PS4.

I think ps5 is going to be pushed back now. Like ever thing is being effected by this virus and now games that should have been launch games i think will not be ready in till early 2021 and games that should have been like launch window meaning early 2021 i think will be middle 2021 now. If that is true then having ps5 come out this year would not really make sense has you would be waiting like 5-6 months for like any exclusive games and even cross gen/multiplatform games may be pushed back.

I'm sensing Last of Us 2 is delayed due to most of the physical stores being closed right now and a late physical release for a game that already came out online for three months is not a good idea for maximizing sales income.

And so many games were delayed this year and last year before the pandemic and this outbreak would just even further delay things for the big games.

more bullshxt. but hey, something to talk about

EUnDIdtWsAEz_Us

Well its weird they haven't revealed what the console looks like especially if it is supposed to come out later this year.

If that post is true, Sony should just delay ps5. We have the coronavirus pandemic affecting the entire globe, this isn't the right timing for a new game console, launch titles/upcoming games would be delayed because of the pandemic and I just don't think this new Xbox console is going to be a threat to playstation especially in certain parts of the world. Like imo, Xbox already lost to Playstation several years ago. Even the switch didn't hurt ps4.

Last edited:
Well its weird they haven't revealed what the console looks like especially if it is supposed to come out later this year.

If that post is true, Sony should just delay ps5. We have the coronavirus pandemic affecting the entire globe, this isn't the right timing for a new game console, launch titles/upcoming games would be delayed because of the pandemic and I just don't think this new Xbox console is going to be a threat to playstation especially in certain parts of the world. Like imo, Xbox already lost to Playstation several years ago. Even the switch didn't hurt ps4.
maybe there is something going on, but THAT particular post is bullshxt. that guy has been caught making FUD over playstation several times in the past

There's no pre orders yet. Theyhavent even revealed whatit looks like.

That looks gorgeous! Really love the design. Makes me think the console itself will be white and black.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"