The Official PS4 Thread - Part 13

Discussion in 'Sony' started by Thread Manager, Feb 3, 2018.

1. _Superman_ Man Of Steel

I have it and have played it. It is an alright game. It just feels like it takes forever to load while playing. Other than that it is a good game. I tell you what though that one bullet left commercial wasn't playing around. Because there are times in that game where you might get down to that last bullet and have to decide to risk it or run away and try to restock. And I'll say this running isn't always as easy as it sounds.

On a side not I am glad that Until Dawn has finally gotten a sequel. Hopefully The Order will get one.

#301 _Superman_, May 21, 2019
    Last edited: May 21, 2019
  2. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

3. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

4. TheWallCrawler hero or a menace?

I'm hoping the playstation 5 can elevate single player games especially. Multiplayer online play just doesn't interest me. I like to escape into a video game like one would into a book.

5. Jick Auxiliary Assistant

Me too, but I would also like more linear triple A games.
    Open world games can get tiresome.

TheWallCrawler likes this.
  6. psylockolussus Spice Mutant

I have this weird personality trait when I'm playing videogame by myself, I get stressed and scared especially in creepy areas and there's no around in the area but just enemies that I have to beat. While I wouldnt have this feeling with online gaming/multiplayer games, but I just don't have the patience to deal with other players especially in combat. Its annoying when they beat me and then they actually sent me messages like haha through my ps account. I'd rather play alone than to deal with other players which would take me out of my game mode.

TheWallCrawler likes this.
  7. zenith16 Registered

8. psylockolussus Spice Mutant

9. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

10. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

11. Havok83 Registered

12. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I’ve pretty much stopped. Pricing is the only thing stopping me going all in, but a portable digital library is a huge advantage to me as my physical collection was getting way too big. I prefer now to get game merchandise rather than the physical games themselves for that feeling of ownership.

13. Teelie Jokerface

I still mostly buy physical because I'd like to be able to play them even if the download title disappears. I do have a handful of downloaded games (Skyrim, Hollow Knight, Psychonauts, older titles like that or DL only types mainly) but if I can get a physical copy, I do.

I also just had to extend my PS4 storage for the first time. I used up the 1TB drive it came with so I went big. 8TB. No running out of space any time soon. :D

14. ComicChick I Work Too Much

i usually prefer the physical disc. and usually if i don't like the game i can sell it and recoup some of my money

LightDaggers likes this.
  15. Dave McFly Darth Rey

I have yet to buy a digital game now if I get a free one from my Plus membership then I add to my library I have more digital games in my library than I have physical discs lol same with the Xbox One

16. Jick Auxiliary Assistant

Uncharted 4 is the only physical game I bought this generation.
    I'm all about the digital, now. It's just too convenient.

17. psylockolussus Spice Mutant

I have yet to buy a digital game... mostly because my internet isn't that fast to download a complete game. And the ones I really want to play are in disc and I always check the videogame store near me, to check if the prices drop and I like opening the case and inserting the disc into the ps4. That being said, I need a new a cabinet for future ps4 games.

LightDaggers likes this.
  18. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Yeah, I just posted in another thread that I like a mix between the 2 in my gaming. I love open world but I don’t want every game to be open world.

Teelie and Jick like this.
  19. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

How fast is your internet usually? I definitely prefer digital for all games now, the only exception being when the price is massively cheaper for the physical game, which seems to be the case for many older games.

20. Joined:
    Aug 21, 2018
    Buying physical copies are where it's at imo. There's something about buying the game and taking the disc out for the first time that's too special to not want discs.

Teelie and psylockolussus like this.
  21. psylockolussus Spice Mutant

Its fast when I use youtube or streaming sites or getting ps4 game updates.

However, i downloaded the Assassin's Creed Unity dlc that was like 8gb (I'm not sure) and it took at least 2 hours to complete the download and that was nighttime (faster internet at night). Also it just seems such an effort for me, to pay monthly for ps now, when I usually play 1 to 2 games a month and I wouldn't even get to play the game I want right away because I have to download it online.

Iceman likes this.
  22. Teelie Jokerface

That reminds me of another strike against digital downloads: Data caps. Those ISP *******s put them in place to gouge people who go over them. Mine is 1 TB which is enough for now but with the ever expanding size of downloads, I sometimes push the limits.

Iceman likes this.
  23. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

The speed shouldn’t really vary depending on what you’re trying to download/stream. It should just take longer with something bigger. A fast internet connection without a data cap as well as a large hard drive is important IMO to get the most out of digital. If you’re only playing a game or 2 a month then maybe not worth it.

24. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Oh data caps can be an absolute killer. I had to redownload my entire digital collection once (about 5TB). With a cap that would have taken me half a year lol. I’ve never signed up to a service with a data cap intentionally. Speed with a cap is useless to me.

25. Teelie Jokerface

Unfortunately in the U.S. there are monopolies in most regions where you have only one real "choice" for broadband.