The Official PS4 Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been excited for a FPS since KZ 2. They really haven't done much for me since especially since I'm not as invested in MP as I once was. I'm really looking for a strong single player experience with my first PS4 game and I have my doubts on KZ delivering considering how awful the story in 3 was
I really hope Destiny's single player campaign is awesome. I'm pretty sure the co-op aspect will be but hopefully it has a great story.

I really hope Destiny's single player campaign is awesome. I'm pretty sure the co-op aspect will be but hopefully it has a great story.

yeah, me too. cuz I'll probably play more of the single player campaign than the mp.

yeah, me too. cuz I'll probably play more of the single player campaign than the mp.
The co-op sounds great. Like Borderlands but with other groups of players outside of your own 4 wandering the same areas and you can combine with these other groups to take down strong enemies and share the loot. I think I'll end up playing the co-op more than the single player overall but I want that initial single player experience and subsequent run-throughs to be mindblowing and to feel truly next gen. Not sure what the multiplayer will be like but can only expect good things on this front from Bungie.

I don't think Destiny has a single player mode.. I mean.. I guess it does but u think anyone can join your game since it's all online.. Like, it's story driven.. But the campaign is online.

you need to be online to play Destiny, but it isnt multiplayer only. There is single player and you can play the game in private, away from other players if you choose

you need to be online to play Destiny, but it isnt multiplayer only. There is single player and you can play the game in private, away from other players if you choose

good.

Most games, even those tailored for co-op/multiplayer, give you a way of not playing with others as most developers know the large quantity of *******s that exist in online gaming lol. Must say that certain co-op games bring out the best in gamers although in others I see "pro" :whatever: players giving abuse to new guys who can't help as much. I enjoy playing with people of different abilities and mounting strategies based on that. Trust the experienced guys to handle themselves and cover the newer players when the **** hits the fan. I played Gears 2 Horde daily for about 2 years straight and it was possibly the most fun I've had in gaming, with any mix of players.

when do you think they will start having demo consoles in stores to try out?

They usually do it before, and some have reported kiosks in certain places. But no usually the kiosks come out before launch.

I remember playing the Xbox 360 kiosk before launch. I remember because it was playing a demo version of Call of Duty 2 that sold me on getting getting an Xbox 360 with CoD2 as a launch game.

Fun fact: CoD2 almost didn't come with my bundle. Kameo was part of my launch bundle originally until I asked to switch that game out for CoD2. Much better idea in hindsight, especially considering that the latter didn't get a sequel. :yay:

God, I waited till now to try and order my PS4 and now absolutely NO ONE has one available. Is there anywhere that you guys know of that would have one?

God, I waited till now to try and order my PS4 and now absolutely NO ONE has one available. Is there anywhere that you guys know of that would have one?

Ya a lot of them have been sold out for some time. Sony has a lot more to to worry about in the upcoming months because they are releasing more world wide, with more units than that of MS. Since a lot of their regions don't open up for a while. From what I've heard they plan to have 750k to 800k for launch already about 725k in North America alone are pre-ordered. But by December I think they said around 1.5 million units they hope to have in NA. They need to keep up supply with their heavy demand or people will go to their competitors. So I think even if you have trouble getting one in the first week, there will be a steady supply coming in for the Thanksgiving/Christmas rush.

The Xbone is now on demo at my local Bestbuy so I can't imagine PS4 being too far behind.

I think I've been going to my BB atleast once a week for the past few weeks hoping to see the demo stations go up.

when do you think they will start having demo consoles in stores to try out?

http://experienceplaystation.com/ shows places with demo kiosks near you, they have been adding more and more as time goes on. It's still kind of buggy and the rollout seems really slow, but I'm sure within the next couple weeks there will be a bunch around.

They usually do it before, and some have reported kiosks in certain places. But no usually the kiosks come out before launch.

I've never seen a kiosk of new gen hardware before a launch, but I'll note it to my area.

Sessler on the Dual Shock 4.

[YT]uv6i35OFbAE[/YT]

Very nice, I've heard that from most people that have spent some time with it. Very close now.

More PS4 pre-orders are up on PSN today, link.

Killzone Shadow Fall
Battlefield 4
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag

All seem to come with their standard retail preorder bonuses, and the "spend $50 get $10" promotion is still going on PSN, so if you were planning to get any of these games digitally it'd be smart to do it before the end of the month. :word:

Not sure if it's been clearly stated or not.. But ps4 party chat supports up to 8 people and is now cross game. Vita players can now also join in on the chat.

PS4 DualShock 4 controller works with PS3, but not wirelessly

Presenter Udetto explains in the video that the functionality shared between the DualShock 3 and DualShock 4, meaning all the buttons and the analog sticks, work as normal. There is a “but” though, and it is related to wireless use. If you unplug the DualShock 4 and switch over to wireless mode it doesn’t work, so if you have any games that require a wireless controller be used on PS3, you can’t use the DualShock 4. The example Udetto gives where this is the case is FIFA games.

That's actually pretty cool. I'm keeping my PS3 around, but I know once I get used to the DS4 it'll be weird going back to the DS3, it's nice that there's an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"