The Official PS4 Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
MaffmanJones for anyone who needs another buddy!

Battlefield needs to get its act together by the way...the multiplayer has only been working with Team Deathmatch...

Battlefield needs to get its act together by the way...the multiplayer has only been working with Team Deathmatch...

I didn't even try all weekend after it wouldn't connect when I first tried. It's seriously broken and I'm not going to play it until they patch the damn thing. Really unfortunate.

What is the problem? EA servers?

When is EA servers never not the problem?

Ya EA should be fixing it soon.

I actually got onto a small game of conquest today.

How much of a step up from last gen BF3?

Quite a step up, not only having way more players on a map, and much bigger maps, having a skyscraper collapse during the middle of a match is quite amazing.

Quite a step up, not only having way more players on a map, and much bigger maps, having a skyscraper collapse during the middle of a match is quite amazing.
Looking forward to seeing that. Did you play any matches where the map got flooded leading to changed gameplay afterward? That looked really cool on a few videos. The map I played at the games conference seemed quite boring.

Is it up to 64 players now?

BF4? Can technically do 66, 2 of which can be commanders.

Looking forward to seeing that. Did you play any matches where the map got flooded leading to changed gameplay afterward? That looked really cool on a few videos. The map I played at the games conference seemed quite boring.

I have not played the flooded one yet, I've played the one with the skyscraper collapsing, which was eerie and exhilarating at the same time. But I've seen videos of the flooded one, seems real fun.

Yes, but the 64 player mode is currently broken. One of the many things EA needs to fix.

Ya, which sucks. It was weird that some of those things worked on Friday, but quickly just folded up. EA needs to get their butt in gear.

I didn't even try all weekend after it wouldn't connect when I first tried. It's seriously broken and I'm not going to play it until they patch the damn thing. Really unfortunate.

Yeah, it sucks. I haven't even touched it since it started getting those errors, crashing to the OS, and corrupting data. At this point I'm just going to wait for them to put out a patch before I start playing again.

They are trying to release a stability path sometime next week:
Update #13 (Nov 18)
PS4 STABILITY ISSUES
We are aware of the frequent crashes in Battlefield 4 on PlayStation 4. We are hard at work identifying these issues and are hoping to get a game update out early next week. Stay tuned for more details as we can confirm them, and thanks for your patience!
Source

A tip for sharing your screenshots. The best way to get a high-res copy of your screenshot on the web is to share it to Twitter, then get the URL for the expanded image and change the "large" text to "orig" in the URL.

Large
vs.
Original

Is this likely to be the same on XB1 as I'll put off buying BF4 till I know for sure.

Is this likely to be the same on XB1 as I'll put off buying BF4 till I know for sure.

I'm going to say, probably. It sounds like every version is having crashing/disconnect issues.

Yeah, by all accounts it's been a mess since its initial release.

Way to not capitalise on all the hype and close the CoD gap.

Watching some great PS Live streams on Twitch,Great feature

EA ALWAYS does this with the BF series. Its been like this for EVERY major BF release on consoles. They release a massively hyped title only to suffer server issues and busted balancing.

They need to start releasing beta's before these games come out and no not the glorified hype ads disguised as beta's they have been releasing.

Agreed. I'm perfectly content with Killzone. Maybe I'll drop hints for Battlefield for Christmas. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"