The Official PS4 Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure you guys have already seen this, but it looks like Firmware update 1.51 is being released tonight.....

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/20/playstation-4-update-151-coming-soon

“With this minor required update, stability of system software has been improved,” Sony’s Eric Lempel explains. “In addition, minor refinements to elements of the system UI (such as clearly indicating when a user downloads a game and a game patch at the same time) have been introduced.”

What things does the GameStop or BestBuy protection plan cover and is it worth getting?,When I get the console and IF I ever have to get it fixed I'd rather go to the store to get it replaced than having to contact Sony/wait to receive a box/ship the console and then getting it back weeks after..Like I had to do once or twice for the 360 and PS3:cmad:

Yeah, it's faster. And I've found that I can play videos from Giantbomb.com on the browser, something that I can't do on the PS3.

that's good to hear.

so does the browser support Flash videos, then?

I read somewhere that it doesn't and that it had trouble playing Youtube videos for instance, although I might have misinterpreted that.

I'm also hoping you can navigate the browser using a wireless keyboard and mouse. I tried that on the PS3, and it made it much easier.

that's good to hear.

so does the browser support Flash videos, then?

I read somewhere that it doesn't and that it had trouble playing Youtube videos for instance, although I might have misinterpreted that.

I'm also hoping you can navigate the browser using a wireless keyboard and mouse. I tried that on the PS3, and it made it much easier.

This video shows off the web browser and it seems we can't directly see YouTube videos on their site but we can see videos including YouTube ones on different sites
[YT]VHGZH6F6Feo[/YT]

This video shows off the web browser and it seems we can't directly see YouTube videos on their site but we can see videos including YouTube ones on different sites
[YT]VHGZH6F6Feo[/YT]

hmmmm........interesting.

Just got a confirmation that my ps4 is coming on Sunday yay so excited

How exciting! I hope you have some good games ready

What things does the GameStop or BestBuy protection plan cover and is it worth getting?,When I get the console and IF I ever have to get it fixed I'd rather go to the store to get it replaced than having to contact Sony/wait to receive a box/ship the console and then getting it back weeks after..Like I had to do once or twice for the 360 and PS3:cmad:

I had my PS4 brick on me so lol it was def it worth it but there's also the manufacurer warranty that lasts one year too. I got mine from BB. It covers everything on the system from broken/malfunctioning hardware to accidental damage. In this case, BB is returning my system to Sony and will replace it with a brand new system once they get some more in the store. I got a call from a rep today and they said they'll have more in stock in one week. I also read an article online in which Sony has released a statement saying they'll replace any broken system with a new one and use expedited shipping. That's pretty nice. But yeah, imo, the extended warrantys are a good idea. And like you, I'd rather go to a local establishment to change out the unit rather than mailing it back and forth to Sony.

How much was the BB warranty and for how long?

I can't wait to get mine in January. I was going to wait longer but I think it'd be nice to get current gen games with next gen graphics.

My system just arrived. Setting it up now and then gonna let it download the Plus games + DCuO and heading back to work

My system just arrived. Setting it up now and then gonna let it download the Plus games + DCuO and heading back to work
Or maybe you're starting to feel a bit sick? :woot:

I had my PS4 brick on me so lol it was def it worth it but there's also the manufacurer warranty that lasts one year too. I got mine from BB. It covers everything on the system from broken/malfunctioning hardware to accidental damage. In this case, BB is returning my system to Sony and will replace it with a brand new system once they get some more in the store. I got a call from a rep today and they said they'll have more in stock in one week. I also read an article online in which Sony has released a statement saying they'll replace any broken system with a new one and use expedited shipping. That's pretty nice. But yeah, imo, the extended warrantys are a good idea. And like you, I'd rather go to a local establishment to change out the unit rather than mailing it back and forth to Sony.

Far as I know, it covers everything. If the PS4 bricks on you within a month...I think because of the holdidays it could be extended as well...the BB protection doesn't come into affect yet. They'll replace it for you, free of charge, and you keep the BB protection the same.

Truthfully, as much flak as I'll toss at Best Buy, I'm always happy with their protection plan. It was a help having it with the RROD fiasco I'd gone through, for the first two or so I had to deal with. And I've had way better and easier experiences dealing with Best Buy customer service and the Geek Squad than I have ever had with Wal-Mart and Walmart.com. The only other customer service I can think of that I wind up being happier with is Amazon's.

Or maybe you're starting to feel a bit sick? :woot:

Yeah, that PS4 flu is going around. And it's contagious. He should stay home and play through that fever.

It's the only way to get better, really. :woot:

Most people's first impression upon seeing it is how tiny the system is and mine is how big it is. The thing may be small but its LONG. I have it next to my super slim PS3 and the thing sticks out quite a bit in comparison. Its a bit jarring

Unfortunately I booted up the store to get my games and its the same crappy one that's on the PS3. They really need to move from this web based one. It may be slightly faster but there's still lag and it has that god awful keyboard which needs to just go away. Is it just me or does this store only show PS4 content? May not be a big deal but Im not sure I like that. Maybe I just need to mess around with it a bit more.

Have they made improvements to your download list? Like can we actually search and filter that stuff bc its an absolute mess on the PS3

Sad not seeing a music/video icon on the PDN? Speaking of which, I didn't realize it was just a modified XMB. Felt very familiar, but less cluttered.

I'm watching more PS Live streams on Twitch and Ustream and I've noticed that it's extremely laggy on Twitch,The chat is behind on both like by a few minutes but it's way less laggy Ustream,Almost flawless and smooth

You guys may have discussed this but are you all completely powering off the console? Or are you guys using the 'sleep' mode? Just curious.

I had 15 people watching me stream DC Universe today. I felt like a celebrity.

I had 15 people watching me stream DC Universe today. I felt like a celebrity.

I may have been one of those 15 people watching.

I quite enjoy looking at the livestreams. Way more than I thought I would have, atleast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"