The Official PS4 Thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the X1 will catch up. It may close the gap a tad, but I don't think this will be a neck and neck type of thing like the last generation.

A thing that people seem to forget is that online play with friends is so essential. And when all the early adopters are telling their friends to get a PS4 because that's what they game on, most just want to play with their friends. That's why the 360 did so well.

I think MS has done a wonderful job turning the ship around though. I have more respect for them now than I have in almost 10 years. However, they still need to get some killer exclusive game, then I will buy it.

I make no secret of the fact that I loathe Microsoft. I hated the Xbone with it came out, for good reason. However, I can't deny that it has seriously improved as a system. Arguably, it's a better buy than the PS4 right now.

Which as someone who plays video games, is really all that matters to me.

I can't say for sure if they will top Sony, but I think we'll see them much closer in sales by the end of 2015.

When it comes to sales, the Xbone has one major advantage over the PS4: it isn't Japanese.

I still think Sony is the way better buy. The exclusives in the next year are much more interesting. Sony has such a good in house dev team, we know that will play through. I think the X1 had caught up some, but PS4 still has better hardware, better devs, and a better controller.

Personal preference I suppose. Halo > Killzone, Tomb Raider > Uncharted.

Though I do agree that Sony has better developers. Microsoft needs to work on that. Revive some its old franchises.

MS got rid of so many of their great ones. Like Bruce Shelley's team. To me they spend too much money for timed exclusives, instead of looking at the long term. The software may be subjective, but they have 30+ teams where MS has under 5. They need to work on that.

But from hardware, the PS4 is more powerful.

Controller could be subjective as well, but the DS4 is one of the best controllers I've ever held.

I think the Halo Collection will boost sales this Holiday no doubt......but it's still not a brand new Halo 5.

plus, doesn't the new Smash Bros. come out this Holiday, too?

just like Mario Kart boosted the Wii U earlier this year, I'm pretty sure Smash Bros will do the same this Holiday.....which in turn, will lure some sales away from the X1.

I do really appreciate the DS4's headphone jack.

I am hoping that Microsoft is working on getting more teams together.

MS got rid of so many of their great ones. Like Bruce Shelley's team. To me they spend too much money for timed exclusives, instead of looking at the long term. The software may be subjective, but they have 30+ teams where MS has under 5. They need to work on that.

But from hardware, the PS4 is more powerful.

Controller could be subjective as well, but the DS4 is one of the best controllers I've ever held.

and that's a big deal. not just from a consumer's perspective, but also from the developer's perspective, too.

if devs continually find it easier to develop their games for the PS4 and achieve the highest graphical performance, and if they see the PS4 simply has the larger consumer base, that will factor heavily into which system becomes the "preferred" console to develop for.

and hardware isn't something MS can easily fix with the X1. unless they come out with a redesigned model with better hardware specs. but, as we've discussed before, that usually doesn't happen in a console's life cycle.

I think the Halo Collection will boost sales this Holiday no doubt......but it's still not a brand new Halo 5.

plus, doesn't the new Smash Bros. come out this Holiday, too?

just like Mario Kart boosted the Wii U earlier this year, I'm pretty sure Smash Bros will do the same this Holiday.....which in turn, will lure some sales away from the X1.

I think Halo and Smash Bros have totally different demographics though.

I think Halo and Smash Bros have totally different demographics though.

that maybe true.

but, the Wii U boost may be large enough to surpass whatever boost the X1 gets from Halo.

but......we shall see in a few months.

At the same time though, I don't think hardware should be overstated. We're talking about a fairly tiny difference compared to some previous generations.

The 6th gen was all over the place with the Dreamcast, the PS2, the Gamecube and the Xbox. Yet the PS2, the second weakest machine won handily.

With the 7th gen, the weaker machines also won.

It's one thing when you're as underpowered as the Wii U (crippled, really), but the PS4 is only marginally more powerful.

No one is going to make a game for the PS4 the Xbone can't run as well. Not yet anyway.

and that's a big deal. not just from a consumer's perspective, but also from the developer's perspective, too.

if devs continually find it easier to develop their games for the PS4 and achieve the highest graphical performance, and if they see the PS4 simply has the larger consumer base, that will factor heavily into which system becomes the "preferred" console to develop for.

and hardware isn't something MS can easily fix with the X1. unless they come out with a redesigned model with better hardware specs. but, as we've discussed before, that usually doesn't happen in a console's life cycle.

Ya, unlike the PS3 the PS4 like the X1 is easy to develop for. But has more power behind it.

At the same time though, I don't think hardware should be overstated. We're talking about a fairly tiny difference compared to some previous generations.

The 6th gen was all over the place with the Dreamcast, the PS2, the Gamecube and the Xbox. Yet the PS2, the second weakest machine won handily.

It's one thing when you're as underpowered as the Wii U (crippled, really), but the PS4 is only marginally more powerful.

No one is going to make a game for the PS4 the Xbone can't run as well. Not yet anyway.

even if the actual hardware difference is slight, perception is still a very powerful thing.

If the X1 continues to be "perceived" as the weaker console, if we continue to hear games struggling to achieve 1080p on the X1, all that will feed the perception that the X1 isn't as powerful. And that can affect consumers.

Halo MC Collection isn't Halo 5.. but it gives a Beta for Halo 5.. Which is close enough.

if that were to happen though, doesn't that mean that newer xbone games that take advantage of new hardware wouldn't run properly on older xbones?

was the dreamcast weaker than the Ps2?
but anyways yes, the Ps2 is the prime example of games being the most important thing in a generation. not the hardware, not the features, not even the services. the GAMES.

and what do you mean by weaker machines plural for the 7th gen? if you're referring to both the 360 and wii, the 360 didn't win, it tied with the Ps3 and the wii came out on top.

also, if you saw the Uc4 trailer, I think that is an example of a game that, if it were to come out on Xbone, it definitely would not run as well.
Halo MC Collection isn't Halo 5.. but it gives a Beta for Halo 5.. Which is close enough.

I totally forgot about that. Xbone ftw this christmas :(

if that were to happen though, doesn't that mean that newer xbone games that take advantage of new hardware wouldn't run properly on older xbones?

yeah......another poster brought up that point, I believe.

it would cause too much complications. that's why, aside from something like a bigger internal hdd, a major change in hardware won't likely happen.

that's why I say, that will be one thing the X1 can't overcome.

Also, the Halo Collection will no doubt boost X1 sales this Holiday. and X1 sales may even surpass PS4 this Holiday.

the question is.......will that boost last beyond the Holidays?

yeah......another poster brought up that point, I believe.

it would cause too much complications. that's why, aside from something like a bigger internal hdd, a major change in hardware won't likely happen.

that's why I say, that will be one thing the X1 can't overcome.
but that shouldn't be a big deal. the Ps2 never had to overcome the fact that the X1 was a monstrosity compared to it.
Also, the Halo Collection will no doubt boost X1 sales this Holiday. and X1 sales may even surpass PS4 this Holiday.

the question is.......will that boost last beyond the Holidays?
yes it will. unfortunately, it will.
F**K YEA!

Take that you Sony-bots(or whatever they're called)

Long live Bill Gates!

Long Live Xbox Nation!
:csad::csad::csad::csad:
SDF...Sony Defense Force. ;)
actually I think the term is sony pony.

I wonder how long it'll take to upload videos to YouTube,When I did a video on ShareFactory and uploaded to Facebook it took like 10-20 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"